Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Centipede Hong
(x)()()
Hong is so busy tracking Jun's hasty escape (aren't those moves a little TOO good for a secretary, even one attached to Clear Skies?) that he gets clipped with a bit of falling roof. Absent-mindedly parrying the next, he shakes his head and faces the glaring fat man. "By all the Heavens, Fat Dragon is now really the time? I was trying to have a meal!" He shifts into the ready position. "Why do you always have to start things?! That poor roof!"

+3 to defend against the debris, I'll eat the one stress. +2 initiative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
Vivacious Yue

[20:23] <Morphball>: Ridley: 5 = 4dF(+,x,+,-)+4

and then initiative is [20:34] <Morphball>: Ridley: 1 = 4dF(+,-,+,x)+0

Yue spins back in a graceful dance move, easily dodging the debris. Then she spots the girl.

"Meiling? What are you doing here! I thought you'd left when you got all mad and stomped off! Did you come here to find me to apologize? Because I totally accept!" The dancing girl smiles earnestly, full of naivete...

spectator
Oct 31, 2013

I like to watch.
Shu Li

Li barely has time to get on his feet as the ceiling comes down on top of the diners. He responds by well-honed instinct, a few defensive sweeps warding off tiles and a well-placed fist splitting a wooden beam before it can land on him or anyone else. He stumbles back a step, but manages to regain his footing without falling.

"You are all under arrest!" he announces in a clear voice to all of the intruders, but by his defensive fighting stance it's clear that Li doesn't expect that them to cooperate.

Fight to defend: +4
initiative: +0

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
Beautiful Doctor Zhang FP: 2/2 XOOO/OOO

FIGHT: 4dF+3 3

Zhang tries moving out of the way, flowing and moving to dodge the debris, and only getting clipped by a few of the falling tiles. He swiftly strikes a defensive stance when the ropes fall, and gives a stage whisper to the others.

"Friends of yours?"

Initiative: 4dF+1 0
Chi Armor: 4dF+3 3

Should've saved Infatuation for Yue's rival. That would've been 100x better!

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Xu Lei

Xu Lei still wants to consider maybe some emergency badge or something in case someone catches them on the wrong side of the law. Like secret kung fu agents or something. But then the ceiling comes down.

Lei swallows down a bowl of noodles before he kicks up the table full of food and tries to shield some of the people from the falling debris. He makes sure to get out of the way himself, of course, though he takes him a little while to get to his feet.

"No friends of mine." He says, getting up to a fighting stance. "Protect the Minister!"

Athletics dodge: +++- +3 = 5. Then I roll Notice for initiative: +--/ +1 = 0.
Uh, let's invoke Hard Luck Hero to step up to the challenge and reroll? --+/ +1 = 0.
Never mind. :I

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

ProfessorCirno posted:

Should've saved Infatuation for Yue's rival. That would've been 100x better!

Hey it's a new scene! Be careful what you wish for~

And man you guys are kind of slow for kung fu masters.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Notice was not a high priority!

Also if it's a new scene I'm applying Infatuated. I don't care if it hurts more then it helps. It will make things more interesting and possibly more amusing, and isn't that what we're really here for?

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
hate you so much

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Already worth it.

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

I hate Suits. All of them.
Zhu Qiang

Seemingly unbothered by the sudden arrival of newcomers and the downfall of debris, Qiang remains seated with his tea clutched tightly in his fist, the stone nearly about to crack from the force of his grip. A faint aura of flickering white flames and red-tinted wisps hovers around him, almost playful in its harmlessness, until the debris from the falling roof comes close to him.

Every piece that approached was reduced to dust by the intensity of Qiang's raging Chi.

The touch at his shoulder does not share in the debris' fate, however. Qiang turned to see the face that had haunted him for years, wizened and wrinkled, at peace as a font of controlled violence. With a sigh, Qiang emptied his tea cup, set it down, then rose to his feet with the ease and ambling nature of his age.

"Very well, old friend. Let our dance of violence start. I refuse to fall."

(9:02:09 AM) Velyoukai: Defending w/ Chi
(9:02:12 AM) Velyoukai: !r fudge+3
(9:02:13 AM) Krysmbot: Velyoukai1, /++++3 = 6
(9:02:16 AM) Velyoukai: rekt
(9:02:20 AM) iGorbash: Nice
(9:02:21 AM) Velyoukai: Initiative
(9:02:23 AM) Velyoukai: !r fudge
(9:02:24 AM) Krysmbot: Velyoukai1, --+- = -2

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

An Unexpected Encounter at the Grateful Golden Plum!
A Map! | An Aspect Tracker!

Your opponents adopt fighting stances! They won't go quietly. Their street tough allies drop into the restaurant as the patrons begin scrambling for cover or the exists, propriety and station forgotten in the rush to avoid the erupting fight. Many stop just out of reach to watch the unfolding drama.

Meiling sneers at Yue. "Apologize?! Don't think this farce about finding the Heir fools us, lead dancer, we know- oh who is that? And who is he?" She catches sight of Dr Zhang and Silver Cloud and flashes them both a brilliant smile before turning a venomous gaze on Yue again. "That's just like you! Keeping all the good things to yourself!"

"You cannot blame me for inferior craftmanship!" Fat Dragon glares at Hong. "And for the last time, my name is Stalwart Mountain!"

The Old Man says nothing, swaying slightly in his stance.

The gang member who was causing so much trouble earlier today tries to join your rivals by leaping down dramatically into the fray, but his ambition is greater than his skill and he lands short, right in the pond. Sputtering and wiping his hair out of his eyes, he brandishes his nine ring sword menacingly as he tries to get onto the central platform. The other Stone Dogs leap into the fray, holding off most of the Red & Black Lions, but they are not skilled enough to face your rivals, or overcome the numbers facing them.

Assistant Subadministrator Xiao Jin peeks over the edge again, and shouts down at the now very wet Red & Black Lion leader. "Hwang! Get them out of there! This is a catastrophe!" Hwang shakes an angry fist at Jin, but sets about trying to follow orders.

Notes
Yue, Zhu Qiang, you both have a Technique that lets you use a skill other than Notice for Initiative, so I've corrected your Inits for it this fight. Please remember from now on! Also I forgot everyone gets to try and create Chi Armor for free. Passive resistance is +1. Go ahead and roll it for your next post before doing anything else.

Fat Dragon uses a stunt, allowing him to freely create the aspect with a free invoke in exchange for going last in Initiative. As a note, you know the styles of your rivals. Fat Dragon uses Stone Tiger. Meiling uses Storm Crane. The Old Man uses Iron Monkey.

Lucky Hwang is a leader of the Red & Black Lions - the tough who was causing the most trouble earlier today. He has Jianghu Rank 1 but rolls like crap, you also don't know what his style is but he is carrying a Nine Ring Sword. The Red & Black Lion gang can be in multiple zones but they all act together and share stress and consequences. They can make one attack per zone they are in. Every time they take a consequence, they are removed from a zone (the one they just got attacked in).

Your allies are considered to be fighting off some of the toughs in this scene. Constable Wei will stay and protect Clear Skies so you don't have to worry about that, but he will always be in Zone 1. Each ally counts as an aspect that will have one free invoke per round attached to them that you can use if you are in the same zone as them. They each also give access to a special stunt, listed below, you can use if you spend a Fate point. You can find these on the aspects document. Your opponents get a similar stunt from Xiao Jin though!

We'll use initiative blocks. When your block is up, you can post in whatever order you'd like.

With that said, Yue is up.

pre:
INITIATIVE
Yue (+4)
Meiling (+4)
----
Hong (+2)
Old Man (+2)
----
Zhu Qiang (+1)
Red & Black Lions (+1)
----
Shu Li (+0)
Dr Zhang (+0)
Xu Lei (+0)
Lucky Hwang (-1)
Fat Dragon (Last)
pre:
Fat Dragon PS OOOO | MS OOO | [-2/-4/-6] | Chi Armor 2
Meiling PS OOO | MS OOO | [-2/-4/-6] | Chi Armor 1
Old Man PS OOO | MS OOOO | [-2/-4/-6] | Chi Armor 1

Furious Hwang PS OOO | MS OOO | [-2/-4] | Chi Armor 0
Red & Black Lion Toughs PS OO | [-2/-2/-2/-4]

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
Vivacious Yue

[23:16] <Ridley>: !fate +3
[23:16] <Morphball>: Ridley: 3 = 4dF(x,-,+,x)+3

To create chi armor.

"Wait, what? I didn't even--what are you doing? HIM? This is--I don't understand at all!" Yue is clearly absolutely confused by Meiling's aggressive stance. "I don't want to fight you, Meiling! I thought we were friends, and I don't understand why you're mad at me!"

Yue leaps agilely onto the hidden stepping stones, hoping to create some distance between herself and the impending brawl. Once she reaches the middle of the path, she stops, facing back at Meiling and adopting a defensive stance--Yue has the better balance and footing here and knows it.

[23:23] <Ridley>: !fudge +4 athletics
[23:23] <Morphball>: Ridley: athletics: 1 = 4dF(-,-,x,-)+4
Can I create an aspect for myself? Like, "I have the only solid footing" or something?

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Sure, it'd require a second roll but that would work just fine.

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
What do you need me to roll for it then or do I have to wait till next turn

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Athletics again vs +2 would work and you can do it now.

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
[10:21] <Ridley>: !fate +4 athletics for aspecting
[10:21] <Morphball>: Ridley: athletics for aspecting: 4 = 4dF(x,x,x,x)+4

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

[quote="Comrade Gorbash" post="428227803"]

Meiling leaps onto the stones after Yue, adopting a graceful Crane stance. Yue may have the best footing, but Meiling's style doesn't need it. "You thought we were friends? How naive are you? You drove me out of the troupe! You stole my position! I should be lead dancer, not a clumsy cow like you! And I'll prove it!"

Suddenly she moves, two blurringly quick steps onto the water itself, her feet seeming to skip off the surface in little splashes as she crosses to another stone on the other side of Yue. She has to concentrate entirely on her footing to manage it, and has to move in a straight line, but on her grace and skill keeps from sinking. She fans throwing needles in both hands as she stands one footed on another stone, smiling nastily. "I can master any stage!"

Notes
Meiling creates the advantage Stone Skipping Across the Pond, succeeding with style, to represent her ability to cross parts of the water without having to rely on the stepping stones.

Move onto the stone (Crane Sleeps Standing technique)
[20:25] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, -///+5 = 4
Create a movement advantage (Storm Rumbles in Distance)
[20:26] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, +//++6 = 8

Hong is up!

pre:
INITIATIVE
Yue (+4)
Meiling (+4)
----
Hong (+2)
Old Man (+2)
----
Zhu Qiang (+1)
Red & Black Lions (+1)
----
Shu Li (+0)
Dr Zhang (+0)
Xu Lei (+0)
Lucky Hwang (-1)
Fat Dragon (Last)
pre:

Furious Hwang PS OOO | MS OOO | [-2/-4] | Chi Armor 0

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Centipede Hong
(x)()()

"Yeah whatever, Fat Dragon," says Hong. "How could you interrupt a dinner like this?! You of all people should know the sacredness of food!" He readies his stance. "Seriously, if you were that hungry as always you could have just asked!"

Hong's grin is growing. "C'mon, friend, I was just in it for a good meal. I don't know what you think I was doing but it wasn't anything bad!"

KPrime, ++/++1 = 4 for Chi Armor (whooooooa) and KPrime, +--/+4 = 3 Rapport to place Friendly Enemies on Dragon.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

"I didn't come down here to eat!" Fat Dragon ignores that his coming down here was involuntary in the first place. "As for what you were doing, you're doing the same thing I am! Proving yourself to be a warrior of importance! Someone trusted for important tasks! You aren't the only one who has found a patron who recognizes your skill!"

Meanwhile, the Old Man continues to face Zhu Qiang impassively. For a moment the Red Mountain Demon wonders if the aged fellow has fallen asleep - and then he hears a soft snore and realizes, yes, he has. As soon as his opponent moves, though, the eyes nearly hidden by bushy beard and eyebrow snap open again.

Notes
The Old Man creates the A Quick Nap Restores aspect for himself.
[21:26] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, /-+-+4 = 3

Zhu Qiang is up!

pre:
INITIATIVE
Yue (+4)
Meiling (+4)
----
Hong (+2)
Old Man (+2)
----
Zhu Qiang (+1)
Red & Black Lions (+1)
----
Shu Li (+0)
Dr Zhang (+0)
Xu Lei (+0)
Lucky Hwang (-1)
Fat Dragon (Last)
pre:

Lucky Hwang PS OOO | MS OOO | [-2/-4] | Chi Armor 0

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

Zhu Qiang

The faint flickering of Chi-white flames roars to life as Qiang shifts into his first stance, legs bent slightly at the knees with both arms arched in preparation. Qiang closed his eyes in concentration, channeling his inner will until the roaring flames had surged and fallen in on themselves, surrounding his body with a dense aura of Chi. As the last flickers faded, he opened his eyes and took a rooted step forward, releasing his focus with a harsh shout.

"Come, my rival!" Qiang braced himself, refusing to allow the old man's tricksy ways to confound him. "Show me your resolve!"

(9:17:15 AM) Velyoukai: something something Chi Armor
(9:17:18 AM) Velyoukai: !r fudge+3
(9:17:19 AM) Krysmbot: Velyoukai, ++-/+3 = 4

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

The Old Man and the Red Mountain Demon stare each other down, each waiting for the other to make a mistake. One will eventually.

Before that happens, though, the Red and Black Lion foot soldiers join the attack. Instead of trying to cross the moat that the two dancers are intent on turning into a battlefield, they hurl javelins, sling stones, throw knives, fire at least one Northern barbarian bow, and toss one heavy iron tea pot at those on the island not yet engaged. Shu Li takes fire from two sides, while Xu Lei and Dr Zhang draw the attention of one group each.

Notes
Shoot attacks all around!

vs Shu Li
[23:13] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, +/+/+3 = 5
[23:13] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, //+-+3 = 3

vs Xu Lei
[23:13] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, +-/++3 = 4

vs Dr Zhang
[23:13] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, +/-++3 = 4

Shu Li, Xu Lei, and Dr Zhang are up!

pre:
INITIATIVE
Yue (+4)
Meiling (+4)
----
Hong (+2)
Old Man (+2)
----
Zhu Qiang (+1)
Red & Black Lions (+1)
----
Shu Li (+0)
Dr Zhang (+0)
Xu Lei (+0)
Lucky Hwang (-1)
Fat Dragon (Last)
pre:

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Xu Lei
Stress: OXO

Athletics dodge: -/// +3 = 2. Taking 2 stress.

Xu Lei leaps off from a table and twirls his body in mid-air to avoid the flurry of projectiles coming for him. He avoids the stones and the knives, though the iron point of a javelin does graze his torso before he lands back on the floor. Ugh, and that's his good clothing too.

He looks for something to make a shield with. Plenty of material to work with here, actually. So he runs in a circle around their area, kicking and flipping up tables to create some makeshift barriers to protect the group with. A lot of food gets knocked over, including all those bowls of noodles. But uh, it's not like anyone would notice, right? All that debris from the ceiling must have ruined the taste.

Creating an advantage in my current zone with Crafts: -+++ +4 = 6.

spectator
Oct 31, 2013

I like to watch.
Shu Li

Fight defense 1: +3
Fight defense 2: +1
With
Stone Resists the Blow, I add 2 armour for attacks I'm aware of--I'm assuming these are pretty obvious--which would reduce both attacks to 0 stress (so, a boost each).

The hail of projectiles is no match for Constable Shu Li and his Stubborn Dog Form! Teeth gritted, he marches into the attack, warding away arrows, rocks, and knives with bare hands. Shots that would stagger a lesser man are shrugged off his solid defensive posture. The hurled iron pot is even stopped dead by Li's open palm, with the impression of his hand formed into it's side in a network of fine cracks.

Undeterred by the assault, Li leaps from the dining island, half-way across the span of water and landing heavily in it. Water splashes everywhere, but still he recklessly wades towards the gang of thugs who would call themselves lions. His well-trained defenses stand ready for them, tempered by his superior physical training.

Athletics to cross the water: +1
A fail obviously, looks like Li will be doing that the hard way next turn.

Physique: +2
I'd like to add a free invoke to my Kung Fu form (Stubborn Dog Form).

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Beautiful Doctor Zhang FP: 2/2 XOOO/OOO Chi Armor x1

Acrobatics dodge!: 4dF+2 2
Spending my Chi Armor to ignore the damage! I use Fight instead of Athletics and thus get 4, so it misses!

Smacking an errant arrow out of the air, Zhang rather quickly makes up his mind.

"I'll leave those of you with rivals to them; I shall disperse the rabble attempting to interrupt your duels."

Acrobatics Movement: 4dF+2 1
I invoke Student of the Storm Eyed Sifu to make it a 3. Moving to zone 4.

Zhang seems to move almost dance-like across the stones to reach the Red and Black Lion soldiers, building up his rhythm as he goes; by the time he reaches the poor soldier his movements are equal parts graceful and impossible to follow, seeming less to step and move, and more to flow and cascade across the restaurant.

Storm Rumbles in Distance: 4dF+4 4
I forget I gain +3 to this roll, so it's a 7. I will apply the aspect See No One Raindrop to the foe.

Zhang gets within striking range of the enemy...and then stops. Well, he's still MOVING. He's moving a lot! He's just not attacking.

...AND I also COMPEL Student of the Storm Eyed Sifu. Zhang is a defensive fighter. He does not strike first. I thus go defensive! If I can go Full Defense, I will; if that would mean no compel, then I just end my turn instead.

ProfessorCirno fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Apr 18, 2014

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

The gang members nearest Zhang scramble back out of reach as he leaps into their midst - it takes them a few moments to realize the Doctor isn't on the attack yet.

Meanwhile, Fat Dragon finally moves, taking an obvious and heavy swing at Hong, who easily dodges it - then counters! Unfortunately the massive man is not much moved by the blow. Fat Dragon grumbles as he turns, trying to keep Hong in front of him. "Hold still! Fighting you is like fighting a mosquito. Little pokes that make me itch, but you never hold still long enough for a proper fight!"

In the pond, Hwang sees Shu Li struggling along and splashes over himself. He trips, nearly losing his sword, but in his gyrations to stay upright the blade loops in at an unexpected angle with startling speed!

Notes
You created an advantage, Cirno, so you can't attack this turn anyways. If you choose not to attack next turn as well, then I'll give you a Fate Point.

I should have clarified this earlier, so don't worry about it for the prior rolls. Chi Armor invokes just give you a straight +2 Armor, since they're limited use. However if you have a static armor rating from actual armor or a technique, use the Armor Dice rule. Namely, for each + in the first X dice you roll on a failed defense, you get to reduce 1 stress. So the Stone Resists the Blow benefit works that way as well.

Anyways, let's do some stuff! I'm going to collapse the initiative blocks a little to keep things moving. I'll worry about order of operations if it matters.

Fat Dragon attacks Hong!
[19:55] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, -/+-+4 = 3

Hong uses a technique to counter attack at a +6!
[19:57] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, -/-/+4 = 2
Fat Dragon rerolls by invoking The Heavier They Are...
[19:57] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, --//+4 = 2
To no benefit. He uses a Chi Armor invoke and takes 2 stress.

Lucky Hwang splashes over to attack Shu Li
[20:27] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, /-/-+3 = 1
Terrible. He uses his Better Lucky Than Good stunt to reroll (Twice per scene, you may reroll as if you had invoked, but you cannot invoke anything else after the reroll. Additionally, if you fail on the reroll then the opposition gets a boost against you.)
[20:28] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, +/+++3 = 6
Much better! Deals 1 extra stress on a hit since his sword is WR2.

Meiling and Zhu Qiang are up since Hong used his action for the counter! Hong can describe his counter and banter a bit if he likes.

pre:
INITIATIVE
Yue (+4)
Meiling (+4)
Hong (+2)
Old Man (+2)
Zhu Qiang (+1)
Red & Black Lions (+1)
----
Shu Li (+0)
Dr Zhang (+0)
Xu Lei (+0)
Lucky Hwang (-1)
Fat Dragon (Last)
pre:
Fat Dragon PS OXOO | MS OOO | [-2/-4/-6] | Chi Armor 1

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Apr 20, 2014

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
I create the advantage automatically as part of moving; this round I've not made any action so far outside of the one zone movement. Unless I'm misreading Storm Rumbles in Distance.

ProfessorCirno fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Apr 17, 2014

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

ProfessorCirno posted:

I create the advantage automatically as part of moving; this round I've not made any action so far outside of the one zone movement. Unless I'm misreading Storm Rumbles in Distance.

You are. It gives you a +2 bonus to the Create an Advantage action if the aspect is based on movement or redirecting momentum - so it would work for say Water Flows Past Stone but not Fists Like Iron - which increases to +3 if you or the opponent you want to place it one has moved at least one zone in the past turn. It still requires taking a Create an Advantage Action to place the aspect in the first place though.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Ahhh. In that case, I forgo the compel and make the maneuver. Not sure where you're getting the +3 from through.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

ProfessorCirno posted:

Ahhh. In that case, I forgo the compel and make the maneuver. Not sure where you're getting the +3 from through.

It might have been changed from the playtest version.

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
Yue

"A cow?!" Yue exclaims. How dare Meiling, and after Yue had been so magnanimous as to forgive her for the last time!

Well that settled it. Meiling was going into the lake.

Ribbons flash out towards the other dancer, reaching to grapple her and stop her in her tracks, kill her momentum, and hopefully dump her sprawling into the water.

[22:33] <Ridley>: !fudge +2
[22:33] <Morphball>: Ridley: 4 = 4dF(-,+,+,+)+2

This is my fight roll.

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

Zhu Qiang

"Hmph." Qiang grumbles, feeling an all-familiar, all-too-old-man sense of impatient crankiness in his bones. "So you want to play this game again, you old spirit? Fine!"

Qiang takes a step forward, and then another, repeating until he is calmly walking towards his opponent. Once close enough, he scowls at the old man and resumes his stance, now much closer, and then lashes out with a simple, chi-infused fist!

Punch. Kick. Turn Around. Never post at 3 AM again because I clearly don't hit "Submit Reply"!
Rolling Fight to punch an old man in the shoulder.
(8:35:22 PM) Velyoukai: rassa frassa
(8:35:30 PM) Velyoukai: !r 4dF +3
(8:35:32 PM) Krysmbot: Velyoukai, +/-/ +3 = 3
fite fite fite

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Yue's ribbons catch Meiling as she's skipping between two stones and she stumbles, crashing into the stone and nearly falling into the water. She ends up waist deep as she scrambles gracelessly back up onto the stone. Her mocking sneer twists into real anger. "Yes, a cow! With big stupid moony eyes!" She hops, spinning, to another stone, a spray of needles flying from her hand as she tries to pin Yue down!

Meanwhile, the Old Man counters with a simple redirecting hand, not block the blow so much as pushing it out of line with the back of his hand. He yawns hugely, seeming content simple to stop the blow, when from above a voice shouts, "Don't go back to sleep! Hurry up and beat them up and get out of there!" The Old Man glances up at the Assistant Subadministrator and sighs, raising his eyebrows at Zhu Qiang as if to say 'kids these days.' The suddenly he's moving forward, his gnarled fists blurring as he launches a cascade of short punches at his opponent.

Dr Zhang continues his defensive stance, and the Red & Black Lions near him eventually realize he's not going to attack - so they do. They rush him in a mass, knowing they are outmatched in technique and hoping to overwhelm him with sheer numbers. They wield batons and chains and a frying pan, and their kung fu is laughable, but they're game for a fight.

Another volley of projectiles issues from the remaining street toughs, mostly aimed at Xu Lei since thus far he isn't engaged, though a few arrows fly in at Shu Li, one poorly aimed one causing Lucky Hwang to duck and shout curses at his own men.

Notes
Meiling defends! She invokes Stone Skipping Across the Pond to make it a 4 so Yue gets to place the boost All Wet
[20:36] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, +-/-+3 = 2

She counter attacks!
[20:41] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, +//++3 = 5

The Old Man defends! He invokes A Quick Nap restores to make it a 4 and blocks the attack.
[20:36] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, -/+-+3 = 2

He counters! Xiao Jin for a reroll and gets a much better result.
[20:41] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, --+-+3 = 1
[20:41] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, ++/++3 = 6

The Red & Black Lions near Dr Zhang rush him!
[20:44] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, +-+-+2 = 2

The others fire another round of projectiles. First two at Xu Lei (a 2 and a 1), the last at Shu Li (a 3).
[20:44] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, --+++2 = 2, -/+-+2 = 1, /+-++2 = 3

Shu Li, Dr Zhang, and Xu Lei are up! Shu Li, don't forget you have to defend vs Lucky Hwang too.

pre:
INITIATIVE
Yue (+4)
Meiling (+4)
Hong (+2)
Old Man (+2)
Zhu Qiang (+1)
Red & Black Lions (+1)
----
Shu Li (+0)
Dr Zhang (+0)
Xu Lei (+0)
Lucky Hwang (-1)
Fat Dragon (Last)
pre:

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Xu Lei
Stress: OXO

Athletics dodge on both attacks: ++/+ +3 = 6, +-++ + 3 = 5. Gonna take Boosts on both of them.

Xu Lei bounds off from another table, narrowly evading another hail of arrows and spears from both directions! He makes this look real easy, for an otherwise unassuming carpenter in the midst of a fancy dinner place.

When he lands on the floor again, he quickly takes a sweep at his assailants from the other side of the moat. Looks like they exerted a lot of effort in that last volley, so he has the perfect window of opportunity to strike back at them. And well, he's already flipped these tables over as makeshift defenses. Might as well use them the other way.

"Up you go!" Lei kicks up one table to the air, leaps off another for some height, and then propels the first table towards a group of Lions with a mighty kick!

Gonna kung fu kick a table to the Lions at Zone 3.
Fight roll: /+-+ +2 = 3, then invoke my Boost (Could I use both? Probably not.) and Table Flip Technique to make it 7.
If this counts as a trigger for Leaves Like Razors, then this should also be a Weapon: 2 attack. :)

spectator
Oct 31, 2013

I like to watch.
Shu Li

Ahhh, how could I forget to defend?
Fight defence: +3 (+1 armour)
That's 2 shifts for him, I'll take the stress.

Li turns Lucky Hwang's lucky blow away from his neck and down into the water at the last moment, taking the jarring force on his forearm instead. A quick sweep with his other arm sends the wave of hurled knives and kitchenware scattering harmlessly about the restaurant, embedding into wooden posts or disappearing beneath the water. Li doesn't even look to acknowledge the gang, fixated on Hwang instead. He lunges one hand forward, inside Hwang's guard before the other man can recover his sword, and locks his fingers tight into Hwang's collar. With a cold anger Li lifts his opponent straight up out of the water before slamming him bodily straight back down, hard enough to flop Hwang into the water like a pile of dirty laundry, and holds him there sputtering for air.

Fight defence vs. shooting: (/,/,+,+) +4
Physique, "Pinned in the Water" aspect: (/,/,/,/) +3
I don't know if that's enough to beat Hwang or not (it'll be resisted I assume).

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Beautiful Doctor Zhang FP: 2/2 XOOO/OOO Chi Armor x1

Fight dodge!: 4dF+4 3

It's an overall rather simple manner to dodge their overall clumsy attacks; it is an equally simply matter to return the attacks threefold.

Fight!: 4dF+3 6

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

The duel between the constable and the bandit continues. Hwang fights back to the surface for air, though Shu Li still has a good hold on him. Hwang tries to stab Shu Li, but it's tricky with a big sword in a grapple. However, the attempt clangs into a stepping stone, and the deflected blade comes back at Shu Li in a way Hwang couldn't have managed on purpose.

On the restaurant side shore, Dr Zhang emerges from the crowd, fists flying in a blur of counterblows, sending gangsters stumbling back or crashing to the floor. The combatants trip over and have to fight around wait staff and customers, a difficulty that impairs the Doctor more than the ruffians, given their respective attitudes. But in the end it goes all Zhang's way - the only Lions left near him are crumpled on the floor, unconscious or wishing they were. The difference in skill between a true youxia and some street toughs is painfully apparent.

Meanwhile, Xu Lei's kick sends the table tumbling through the air at the Red and Black Lions! The presence of the innocent bystanders in the restaurant forces him to kick it over their heads to drop on the Lions, giving them a better chance to get out of the way - except for the fact that the carpenter aimed for a rafter, causing the table to break apart and spray down on them at an unexpected point. Several of them are knocked out or wounded, and their companions stop only long enough to haul them away. A third of their remaining number in one blow!

Notes
Defense vs Xu Lei's attack! You can use both boosts, which you'll want to use to negate their invoke of Innocent Bystanders. That will remove the group in Zone 3.
[13:13] <+Morphball> Gorbash: 4 = 4dF(+,+,-,+)+2

Lucky Hwang tries to avoid having the aspect placed on him, ties so Pinned in the Water is just a boost.
[13:10] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, +-+++1 = 3

Defense vs Zhang! The gang invokes Zone 4's Innocent Bystanders to make it a 5. Assuming you'd invoke See No One Raindrop to take out this group and deal a consequence.
[13:07] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, /+-++2 = 3

Hwang takes a swing at Shu Li! He triggers his other use of Better Lucky Than Good and gets a marginal result, Shu Li might be able to get a second boost on this.
[13:21] <+Morphball> Gorbash: 1 = 4dF(x,-,-,x)+3
[13:21] <+Morphball> Gorbash: 3 = 4dF(-,+,+,-)+3

Fat Dragon takes another swing at Hong, but its pretty pathetic.
[13:18] <+Morphball> Gorbash: 1 = 4dF(x,-,x,-)+3

Hong, Yue, and Zhu Qiang are all up!

pre:
INITIATIVE
Yue (+4)
Meiling (+4)
Hong (+2)
Old Man (+2)
Zhu Qiang (+1)
Red & Black Lions (+1)
----
Shu Li (+0)
Dr Zhang (+0)
Xu Lei (+0)
Lucky Hwang (-1)
Fat Dragon (Last)
pre:

Red & Black Lion Toughs PS XX | [Tabled/Scattered/-2/-4]

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
Vivacious Yue

[14:12] <Morphball>: Ridley: 5 = 4dF(+,-,+,x)+4
[14:12] <Ridley>: and then
[14:13] <Ridley>: !fate +2 to attack
[14:13] <Morphball>: Ridley: to attack: 2 = 4dF(x,x,+,-)+2

Adding the boost to the attack for all wet.

Yue narrows her eyes in irritation, managing to defend against the other dancer's strike. "A cow? If I'm the cow, then what does that make you? A walrus? You're all wet, Meiling, and it's slowing you down!"

Attempting to apply the aspect, Slowing Down.

MollyMetroid fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Apr 27, 2014

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Hong

Hong easily ducks Dragon's ponderous blow. "Yeah, I hear you. Fighting you is like fighting a rock- it takes forever and is entirely pointless!"

As if to emphasize the point, he punches the large man in the face again, likely achieving little except a mutual venting of feelings.

KPrime, +-/-+3 = 2 handily dodges

KPrime, +/+-+3 = 4 PAUNCH!

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

Zhu Qiang

'Oh, foolish haste. Once more you betray me.'

Still, even with his blow redirected by his fellow veteran, Qiang can at least appreciate that the fight has truly started. Deep within, the rampaging beast that was once the Great Red Mountain Demon surges with glee, feeling the pangs of true battle at hand once more. That same glee is stoked into a raging flame as his opponent unleashes a flurry of blows, most of which Qiang takes stoically to his frame and limbs. However, the final blow meets Qiang's stomach and does not return, clenching between Qiang's ribs and arm as Qiang levels a feral smirk at his long-time opponent.

"Haa...You always do enjoy first blood, old friend." Qiang sighs, feeling the pang in his body from those blows. "Still, you won't be getting away so easily this time!"

(9:52:08 AM) Velyoukai: rolling fite fite fite against an old man of smoke
(9:52:10 AM) Velyoukai: !r fudge+3
(9:52:11 AM) Krysmbot: Velyoukai, //-++3 = 3
(9:52:17 AM) Velyoukai: uuuu
Martial Art Skill #1 STONE RESISTS THE BLOW: You gain 2 Armor against any physical attack you are aware of.
Rolling Will to create a debuff on Old Man Smokey called [Grasshopper in Master's Hand]
(10:02:03 AM) Velyoukai: rolling will to perform an arm-lock or something (to catch and hold Old Smokey's hand after the last punch, through sheer ABDOMINAL STRENGTH AND WILLPOWER because of With Age Comes Experience)
(10:02:09 AM) Velyoukai: !r fudge+4
(10:02:10 AM) Krysmbot: Velyoukai, +/+++4 = 7
(10:02:17 AM) Velyoukai: NOW THE POWER IS ON THE OTHER HAND, GORBY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spectator
Oct 31, 2013

I like to watch.
Shu Li

Defending Hwang's attack
Fight defense: (////) +2
Crud. I'll use my Pinned in the Water boost. Total +4.

A couple questions: did that invoke I added to my Stubborn Dog Form work? It was a +2 result, but presumably no opposition. And second, what is Hwang's Jianghu Rank? 1?

spectator fucked around with this message at 16:28 on May 1, 2014

• Locked thread