Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Tosh.0 airs Tuesdays at 10 PM ET, and is a clip-based sketch comedy series that mercilessly mocks pretty much everything people are dumb enough to post on the Internet. He summarized it in one bit as "Talks Soup meets America's Funniest Home Videos, with a bit of pepper." Which is sort of a dumb description since while the clips are usually the best part, there's plenty of original content to show off some genuinely great writing and brilliant comedic timing.

The trademark middle segment of the show is a "Web Redemption," featuring whatever hapless Internet celebrity agreed to fly out to LA that week. While they've had on a few more mainstream characters (David after Dentist, Tay Zonday), the funniest ones are usually the redemptions featuring more obscure web videos.

His stand-up is also really good, and Daniel himself is by all accounts a remarkably nice dude in person. He also makes fun of Reddit and Florida a lot so there's shades of GBS in there if that's your thing. Despite this, it's worth mentioning that he does occasionally venture a tad too far into RAPE/RACISM LOL territory (not nearly to Family Guy/Jeff Dunham/Carlos Mencia levels, but enough to be annoying). Although with most comedians these days that's not exactly uncommon. So yeah, still pretty GBS. Just give it a shot and decide whether or not it's for you. It's one of Comedy Central's cheapest and highest-rated shows so it's not going anywhere for a while.

If you especially like the pop-web-video aspect you should also check out "@Midnight."

We don't talk about Brickleberry in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Has he dejectedly had to throw to commercial with the sentence "We'll be right with more Brickleberry" or whatever yet?
Not yet but I think towards the end of last season he said he had officially run out of cancelled Comedy Central shows, so we'll see what happens tonight.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

"Huh huh huh OW OW OW"

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

That was pretty bleh. Dude on next week looks loving loony though.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I think my favorite part of this episode was Daniel's collar doing a little pop motion every time he emphasized a word.

I'm serious, watch it again and look for it. I thought it was hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

The Peyton jersey is not the only reason I'm convinced that fireworks video was taken in Indiana

• Locked thread