Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Producer/Showrunner?
This poll is closed.
Verity Lambert 49 7.04%
John Wiles 1 0.14%
Innes Lloyd 1 0.14%
Peter Bryant 3 0.43%
Derrick Sherwin 3 0.43%
Barry Letts 12 1.72%
Phillip Hinchcliffe 62 8.91%
Graham Williams 3 0.43%
John Nathan-Turner 15 2.16%
Philip Segal 3 0.43%
Russel T Davies 106 15.23%
Steven Moffat 114 16.38%
Son Goku 324 46.55%
Total: 696 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Hey, y'all.

Who wants some LEGO?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

LividLiquid posted:

Before finishing the reboot

It's not a reboot. The show simply picked up the story with a gap in-between, and that gap has been slowly filled in over the years. :)

Edit: On another note, the one issue that's been stopping me from the audios is that I really have a hard time with background stuff. I'm sure there are a bunch of great podcasts, but I can only listen to them when I'm in bed, because I can actually listen to and focus on them. With an audio story, I don't think I could run it in the background while I'm working. Same reason I can't do audiobooks. If I'm listening to something, it needs to be my sole focus.

Are the audios just a lost cause for me?

Timby fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Feb 28, 2014

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

The Doctor Who LEGO set has reached 10,000 supporters on Cuusoo, which means it now goes into the review phase.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Gaz-L posted:

...Wait, that cast list reads like it's full-cast? So Frazer plays Jamie AND the Doctor, I assume?

He did that in The Light at the End.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Gaz-L posted:

BF's current approach to not having the licence to NuWho is basically Nick Briggs dancing around 2 inches from Steven Moffat's face and singing "Not touching, can't get mad! Not touchinnng! Can't get maaaad!"

I'm pretty sure it isn't Moffat who's the holdup in BF being allowed to have the licence.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Honestly, Eleven's monologue from the 50th Anniversary trailer would qualify for that, too.

"I've been running all my lives, through time and space. Every second of every minute of every day for over 900 years. I fought for peace in a universe at war. Now, the time has come to face the choices I have made in the name of the Doctor. Our future depends on one single moment of one impossible day, the day I've been running from all my life. The day of the Doctor."

Or from the episode itself:

"I've had many faces, many lives. But I don't admit to all of them. There's one life I've tried very hard to forget. He was the Doctor who fought in the Time War and that was the day he did it. The day I did it. The day he killed them all. The last day of the Time War. The war to end all wars between my people and the Daleks, and in that battle there was a man with more blood on his hands than any other. A man who would commit a crime that would silence the universe. And that man was me."

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Rhyno posted:

Have they released an album with the theme from the Day of the Doctor trailer yet?

No. That version was composed as a special one-off by a third party working for the company that produced the teaser -- I doubt it will ever see official release. (Hell, most of The Day of the Doctor's score was tracked in from pre-existing material as it was.)

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

TL posted:

I liked the new intro, and the new theme is loving baller. I can't wait to see it without someone blabbing over it.

I'm undecided on the intro but I am loving loving the new theme.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Cleretic posted:

The Sontaran two-parter really is proof that you can make a fantastic episode entirely out of disconnected 'good parts'. Pretty much every individual component of the episodes is so great that we forget that the glue holding it all together--the plot itself--just isn't very good.

Yeah, I had incredibly low hopes for the episode, between Sontaran stories being generally bad and the two-parter being written by the same woman who gave us "Pigmen in Manhattan" / "No, Seriously, loving Pigmen in Manhattan plus a penis Dalek Part II," but it's amazing how it's so much better than the sum of its parts. The biggest thing is the casting; Christopher Ryan and Dan Starkey are great as the Sontarans and I really liked the kid who played Rattigan.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

PassTheRemote posted:

Honestly, I would have liked it more if there was no Rose getting her own Tennant for the alt universe. It just reinforced the whole "Rose is the best companion" which I felt dragged down Tennant's tenure.

Yeah, Rose getting her Tennant Realdoll really kills Journey's End for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

The Mirror is reporting that Jenna Coleman is leaving at Christmas.

• Locked thread