Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Producer/Showrunner?
This poll is closed.
Verity Lambert 49 7.04%
John Wiles 1 0.14%
Innes Lloyd 1 0.14%
Peter Bryant 3 0.43%
Derrick Sherwin 3 0.43%
Barry Letts 12 1.72%
Phillip Hinchcliffe 62 8.91%
Graham Williams 3 0.43%
John Nathan-Turner 15 2.16%
Philip Segal 3 0.43%
Russel T Davies 106 15.23%
Steven Moffat 114 16.38%
Son Goku 324 46.55%
Total: 696 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

jng2058 posted:

And if we were only discussing the quality of stories, you'd have a point. But showrunner includes a lot of poo poo that never makes it to the screen and for that you've got to respect Verity for getting the whole thing rolling and RTD for bringing it back from the dead.

Which is why I voted for Segal. Yes, The Movie was disappointing in many ways, but after watching the documentary about its rather long inception, I think we should all be very thankful for what Segal managed to achieve.

He used what little clout he had to kill Lost In The Dark Dimension.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Tom Nook posted:

Sorry to bring this back from a few pages ago but I thought Dimensions in Time happened because The Dark Dimension got canceled but they still wanted to do something for the anniversary? Was Dark Dimension really going to be that much worse?

Everything I've heard about it suggests it was going to be an absolutely awful grimdark 90s interpretation of Doctor Who. Yes, Dimensions In Time wasn't great, but at least it was the genuine article, so to speak.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

Steven Moffat is an unrepentant misogynist, and the sooner he's removed from a position from which he can influence the young minds of a large and impressionable audience, the better.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

jng2058 posted:

Therefore if you mean what you say, you should put your eyes where your mouth is and stop watching until he's replaced.

I have, I just watch DVDs of the original series now.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

PantsOptional posted:

I always knew he looked a little like his father, but something about this picture really made realize just how much Sean Pertwee looks like his father:

I've always seen the resemblance to Jon, but to be honest all I'm seeing right here is Martin Shaw.

• Locked thread