Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Producer/Showrunner?
This poll is closed.
Verity Lambert 49 7.04%
John Wiles 1 0.14%
Innes Lloyd 1 0.14%
Peter Bryant 3 0.43%
Derrick Sherwin 3 0.43%
Barry Letts 12 1.72%
Phillip Hinchcliffe 62 8.91%
Graham Williams 3 0.43%
John Nathan-Turner 15 2.16%
Philip Segal 3 0.43%
Russel T Davies 106 15.23%
Steven Moffat 114 16.38%
Son Goku 324 46.55%
Total: 696 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Doctor Who fans are unbearable in real life and you couldn't pay me to see the premier of a new Doctor with them.

That said, how can I find 7's weirdo panama hat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

$75 for a hat!

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I hate the fandom and I own a scarf, but I have the decency to never wear it in public or say the word "allons'y".

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

jng2058 posted:

Gosh, I do so love how the line for what's "acceptable" fandom always happens to stop at just what you do and no farther. "It's okay to own a Fourth Doctor scarf, but wear it? What am I, some kind of dirty fan?" It's oh so important to divide our tiny little community into the "cool kids" (what you do) and the "nerds" (what someone else does), despite the fact that just the act of posting in this thread makes you more of a Who nerd than 99.999999% of the world population.

I'll tell you what, I've got a hell of a lot more respect for someone like DoctorWhat who isn't ashamed of how much he likes something and is happy to share his joy in it with the rest of us than I do people who claim to love a thing but go out of their way to say how much they hate other people who love that same thing.

Particularly if they use "fandom" as a swear word in the same post as showing a pic of their Doctor Who scarf. :rolleyes:

Holy hell man, I highly doubt anyone in this thread wishes actual harm or derision to come to those folks, especially DoctorWhat. A man deranged enough to intentionally wear a 6th Doc costume deserves some kind of respect.

Why don't you go outside and pound a tree to vent that anger or something.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Not only that, but the cases are nicer, the insert actually exists, and the dvds themselves are typically much much cheaper than their US counter-parts. Just watch them on your laptop with a region-stripping player. I'd say roughly 60% of my Who dvds are from the UK.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

TL posted:

Chris Hardwick almost fell out of his chair and died.

Tease.

I can't stand Six, but that is a pretty impressive coat.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
The 50th is good, but there's no loving way it's the best story. Top 20, maybe.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Cosplayers love Who, but you almost never see anyone dressed as 1-3 for some reason.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I guess I can understand 1, but 3 seems ripe for cosplay. It's not impossibly complicated, but it's unique enough to present a fun challenge in getting the various pieces together. The age thing is nothing a good wig can't fix.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

vegetables posted:

You're going to hate it if that's what you're looking for, I'm afraid.

Is it a bad book though? I rarely read Who novels (just a few 7 and a single 8), but a War Doc novel sounds fun.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Holy moly, the chin on that one. The weight of his jaw must be immense.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I'm a spacemen

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Too many McGanns, CBakers, and Hurts in here. Time to fix that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
You're all going to hate it, except for the handful of you who have brain damage. Have fun!

• Locked thread