Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Producer/Showrunner?
This poll is closed.
Verity Lambert 49 7.04%
John Wiles 1 0.14%
Innes Lloyd 1 0.14%
Peter Bryant 3 0.43%
Derrick Sherwin 3 0.43%
Barry Letts 12 1.72%
Phillip Hinchcliffe 62 8.91%
Graham Williams 3 0.43%
John Nathan-Turner 15 2.16%
Philip Segal 3 0.43%
Russel T Davies 106 15.23%
Steven Moffat 114 16.38%
Son Goku 324 46.55%
Total: 696 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Fungah! posted:

That cut with Levine's face superimposed over the citadel cracks me up every time, god

Holy crap, THAT'S Ian Levine? I never knew what he looked like, and what little I know about him comes from this thread, but that's just perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Give the license to Telltale and watch them make everyone depressed. The Doctor can't save everyone, you know... :smithicide:

I'd love this and hate this so much at the same time. It's be so amazingly sad.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

CobiWann posted:

This joke isn't funny anymore.

I agree.

It's hilarious.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

MrL_JaKiri posted:

To be honest it's a bit weird so there's that

I've gone out in public wearing this. Nothing weird about it at all in my mind.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Metal Loaf posted:

Just remember that the Doctor's coat annoyed his brothers, but what made them mad was the things the Doctor told them of the dreams he'd often had.

:allears:

I love this post.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
I wasn't watching the show when RTD was running it, so I'm curious if the flak that Moffett gets now is just something unique to him or something every show runner has to deal with. I think his highs are the best I've seen the show, and that the show's quality has been fairly consistent throughout his run. Plus he brought us Day of the Doctor, which was one of the most amazingly exciting 90 minutes of television I've ever watched. Compared to the RTD Era (which I also absolutely loved), I don't think the lows are as low either.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Jerusalem posted:

It probably isn't helped by the fact that the small seaside town setting worked really well for England but seems quite out of place for America, at least in my mind.

Not at all, actually. It's pretty evocative of some places I've in New England, particularly in Maine, at least to me.

I also loved Broadchurch, and this really does look like a direct remake. I'll give it a shot.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
The main message of the last few posts, as far as I can tell, is go watch Midnight again. On it!

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Jerusalem posted:

I just assumed that after the President was killed they held another election which Obama won (maybe he didn't get the nomination in this world).

Not the way it works, whoever Winters' running mate was would get the job then. I subscribed to the rewritten history thing myself.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
It was just pointed out to me that Baines from Human Nature/Family of Blood is also Viserys Targaryen. That delighted me for reasons I can't quite put my finger on.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Jerusalem posted:

The little kid who steals the Doctor's watch and Baines keeps sniffing at is Jojen (the weird kid hanging out with Bran)!

Do you think, if I wish hard enough, Charles Dance will show up as the Master?

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

I didn't know Robert DeNiro ever played the Doctor.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
I liked the new intro, and the new theme is loving baller. I can't wait to see it without someone blabbing over it.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

DoctorWhat posted:

Did you know that Peter Capaldi and Craig Ferguson were in a punk band together in the late 70s-early 80s? And that they did songs about episodes of The Outer Limits?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHXCzC2wGlo

Because they were and they did. That's Peter on lead vocals, by the way.

According to this radio interview, Capaldi's also been lobbying the BBC to get an amp and guitar into the TARDIS console room.

I legitimately love this song.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

DoctorWhat posted:

POSTING FROM THE FRONT:

The line is getting pretty crowded, though there haven't been any full cosplay of any other doctors except for me and a seven. No sign of diabolik. If you see this, look for me.

Doctor What, Diabolik and I will be there probably 6-6:30ish. I'm super pumped to see THE COAT.

It's a gorgeous, 80 degree, sunny, late summer day in New York and I'm sweating my rear end off in my Tenth Doctor coat. I'm so drat excited.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Finally in the theater! No sign of Doctor What or THE COAT yet, but I'll keep my eyes peeled on the way out. In fairness, we were way back on the line.

Hyped as gently caress.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Wait, I see it...THE COAT!

Doctor What is up front bring photographed with several other Doctors, including at least two McCoys.

There's some sort of Doctor Dance Party at the front of the theater.

TL fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Aug 15, 2014

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

Where's the drat video?

Hahaha, I'm way far back and it's dark. The Coat and the McCoy hats were all I could clearly make out.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
My two cents: first, I loved the episode.

Second, Jenna Coleman is ungodly beautiful.

Three, there's nothing like seeing Doctor Who in an audience full of Whovians. Everyone laughs and cheers and gasps together, it's spectacular.

Four, Peter Capaldi is a very soft spoken, but effortlessly charming man.

Five, the Moff Steven was very funny.

Fifth, LINDALEE! That was one of the highlights of the night.

Sixth, the funniest part of the evening was the guy during the fan Q&A who referenced Fires of Pompeii, and referred to Capaldi as playing Julius Caesar. The audience didn't like that, and the poor guy looked mortified. Capaldi simply pointed towards the door. It was hilarious.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
One last thing I forgot to mention, Chris Hardwick almost fell out of his chair and died.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

PoshAlligator posted:

There's nothing comedic about that turn! It's nothing short of heartbreaking!

Agreed. I've been around enough stutterers to know how debilitating it can be. It's kind of hard to find humor in it after that.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

PriorMarcus posted:

Women: if they can't live the life of independent adventure and exploration they had before then they will be just as happy being a virtual mother to two virtual kids in a virtual world. Truly, a species ruled by their virtual womb.

Parenthood changes your entire perspective on life, and the kids were real to her.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
An Adventure in Time and Space is on BBC America right now. There's not a big enough :3: in the world for William Hartnell playing Doctor Who with all the kids in the park.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
I told DoctorWhat this at the time, but the pants turned out beautifully. I doubted the baseball pants idea when he posted it, but they looked much better than I thought they would.

I considered going in full costume myself but was coming from work and didn't want to bring the whole thing with me and opted for just the trenchcoat. I regretted it as soon as I got there. Lindalee could've interviewed me...

• Locked thread