Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
The Dragon Slayers

Our brave heroes,
Allerin the Scorched, played by Hashtag Yoloswag
Anita, played by Ferrosol
Trogdor the Barbarian, played by LlamaTrauma
Horatio Jut, played by Dr.Tree
and Aea Weaver, played by Wolery

pre:
The Purse
183 Gold
It's been an exciting week. You decided to try your hand at killing dragons, met some like minded adventurers, then started asking around for anyone who did that on the regular. Most of the time you got incredulous looks and worried deflections. But after a bit of asking around and a few favors from some friends in high places, you got pointed to the last city you would have expected.

Drakkenhall.

You reached the city without much trouble, and it looks like you managed to keep your head down. Think what you may of the Blue Sorceress, but her geas on the city keeps you safe from muggings and murders. Orcs, half-orcs, kobolds, and goblins throng the city, arguing and haggling over vicious looking weapons and ugly totems. Every so often, a cruel looking human or elf passes, dressed in fine robes and flanked by tough looking guards. Their passing causes the crowds to part and murmur in fear. Dragons in humanoid form, no doubt.

Thankfully no one can read your minds, or at least hasn't tried to. You make your way to the edge of the city, within sight of the dilapidated ruins that make the other half of Drakkenhall. There, at an unassuming door in a run down building, you knock and whisper the secret phrase you were told. "Overworld Firefighter".

The door swings open, and you descend a tight stairway into a larger room. At the back, seated behind a desk, is a dragonspawn with dark scales counting out some gold pieces.

"Well," he says, without looking up. "You must be the so-called heroes. I'm Denlyon, last of the Dragon Slayers, and that makes me your boss."

"A few decades ago, the Emperor decided he wanted to do something about these dragons eating away at the frontier towns. The Dwarves and the Elves signed on, and they poured money, men, and magic into this organization that became known as the Dragon Slayers. There was a big to do, lots of parades and criers, and the silly fools that joined even managed to kill a dragon whelp or two.

The Three noticed when the Dragon Slayers started poking around some their lairs, and their retaliation was swift and total. Forts on the edges of the Empire were annihilated, the men and women running them trapped inside and burned alive. Teams on missions were hunted down in the wilderness, killed by spells or just consumed. Our main command in Axis... Axis! Its commander was killed, its staff tortured and mutilated, and a message burned in acid in the grand hall. 'Don't challenge the might of your betters.'"

Denlyon stands up and fixes you with a stare.

"I joined because the Blue's experimentation twisted me into what you see before you. I was sent to Drakkenhall because I could blend in. And I'm still alive because I knew how to keep my head down, and my mouth shut. Now five heroes start asking dumb questions to anyone who'll listen about killing dragons, and, gods save me, I invited them here because I would rather turn on the Red's spit than give up my mission.

What I need to know is, are you prepared for this? Because if we are found then being eaten alive will be a blessing compared to torture from the Black, and that will be a day in the Queen's Wood compared to becoming one of the Blue's guinea pigs. So tell me that you're ready to die, or else walk out that door and forget you ever thought of being a Dragon Slayer."

Alright, lets get started! For convenience's sake, can everyone include their character sheet in their first post?
Please note, plain text for IC stuff, Italics for OOC and rolls, and we'll be using Orokos under the Dragon Slayers campaign for our rolls.

M.c.P fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Feb 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

"Ready to die?" Aea lifts up a hand in front of her and examines it for a moment before turning her palm toward Denlyon as if to show it to him. "I'm one of the gods' chosen people. Death'll just be another adventure for me. But don't worry, I'm not in a rush."

Today, Aea can cast:
Counter-Magic
Utility Spell
Acid Arrow
Color Spray
Ray of Frost
Shield

pre:
Aea Weaver
Aasimar Wizard

One Unique Thing Green-Friend - 
		Aea has befriended a young green dragon named Srithenex. The two will generally put each 
                other's interests before those of their kin.

STR	8	(-1)		Hit Points	24
CON	14	(+2)		Recoveries	8
DEX	11	(+1)		Recovery Dice	1d6+2
INT	18	(+4)		Armour Class	13
WIS	16	(+3)		Physical Def.	12
CHA	10	(+0)		Mental Def.	16
				Initiative	+2

Icons
	Prince of Shadows (Positive 1)
		While her race is close to the gods, Aea is even closer to another - the Prince of 
                Shadows. She appreciates his ability to get around unseen and his affinity for chaos.
                He appreciates her magical talents and ability to think on her feet. Many of her magical
                contacts and thief compatriots are the Prince's people. Of course, his help never comes
                without a price...
        High Druid (Positive 1)
                Aea isn't motivated entirely by self-interest. She wants to protect the tribe she still thinks
                as hers from the encroaching world around it, a goal in line with those of the High Druid. While
                she does not always agree with the Druid's extremism, she makes sure to stay in the icon's 
                favour. There may come a time when her tribe will need it.
 	Priestess (Conflicted 1)
		The Priestess, accustomed to the pious Aasimar of Santa Cora, sees Aea as something of a
                "fallen angel" - a misguided and potentially dangerous outcast. Nonetheless, Aea has
                had cause to work together with the Priestess's people in the past and proven herself a
                capable ally.

Backgrounds
	Secret Cabalist +3
 		Aea knew she would face expulsion from her tribe if they knew of her arcane practices, so she
                kept well hidden. She knows how keep her magic subtle when it needs to be, she's learned a few
                obscure arcane tricks from the unguided trial-and-error nature of her learning, and she knows a
                number of like-minded esoterists from throughout the eastern half of the continent.
 	Guild Thief +3
		When she moved to Santa Cora, Aea found herself fitting in best among the hucksters, con artists
                and thieves. She didn't share the same hunger for coin that some of them did, but she saw in 
                their tricks a fine and impressive art. She found herself joining the Thieves' Guild there, eager
                to learn their ways. There, she learned some things about the layouts as well as usual points of
                entry and security measures present in buildings large and small, she learned how to move silently,
                and she learned how to apply her magic to breaking and entering.
	Wild Life +2
 		Aea grew up in the Wild Wood, living in a small village amongst the flora and fauna. She knows
                how to forage and find her way safely and accurately around the wilderness. She gets along well
                with most animals - so well, in fact, that she never much liked hunting and never learned how.

Feats
        Ray of Frost
                Adventurer Feat: When your ray of frost attack roll is a natural even hit, if the target is 
                staggered after taking the damage, it is also dazed until the end of your next turn.

Class Feature
        Cantrips
                Cast a number of cantrips equal to your Int mod each battle (or each five minutes). Each cantrip
                takes a standard action to cast as a ranged spell. Cantrips with a standard duration last 10-60
                minutes, plus ten minutes per wizard level.
                Alarm
                       Standard Duration. Create a minor watch-sprite that can be instructed to scream if someone
                       comes through an area or touches an object.
                Arcane Mark
                       Standard Duration. Create a visible or selectively visible sigil on an object or person.
                       Hard perception or magic check required to notice an invisible mark.
                Ghost Sound
                       Create false noises emanating from somewhere nearby. Attempted distractions are DC15 
                       challenges.
                Knock
                       Summon a small magical servitor to punch or push a door open if you can succeed on an Int
                       check against the environment's DC.
                Light
                       Standard Duration. Create a field of light up to 30 feet in diametre.
                Mage Hand
                       Create a small telekinetic effect that lasts a round at most.
                Mending
                       Summon a variety of tiny magical sprites who swarm over a broken object attempting to mend
                       it. Small-scale repairs succeed in seconds. More elaborate repairs might require an Int check.
                Prestidigitation
                     Produce minor magic tricks for one minute.
                Spark
                       Light a nearby easily-flammable object.
	Cyclic Spells
		When you cast a cyclic spell and the escalation die is even, the spell is not expended. 
	Overworld Advantage
                When you are in the overworld, your daily spells become recharge 16+ after battle.
        Ritual Magic
                You can cast your spells as rituals.

Class Talents
	Evocation
		Once per battle, when you cast a spell that targets Physical Defense, before rolling for the 
                number of targets or making the spell's attack roll, you can choose to evoke that spell. 
                Hit or miss, you'll max out the spell's damage dice.
	High Arcana
		Memorization
                       When you pick your spells, you can choose any daily wizard spell twice.
                Counter-Magic
                       Close-quarters spell
                       Once per battle + Free Action
                       Trigger: A nearby creature you can see casts a spell.
                       Target: The creature casting the spell.
                       Attack: Int+level [+5] vs. MD
                       Hit: The target's spell is canceled and the caster loses the action they were using for
                       the spell. If the spell had a limited use, that use is expended if your attack roll is even.
	Vance's Polysyllabic Verbalizations
		When casting a recharge or daily spell, use an awesome name and an additional quick action for some 
                GM-determined bonus.
                       "Disguise Self": Selene's Alluring Mystique
                       "Feather Fall": Adamant's Invincible Iron Transformation / Raven's Diving Nadir
                       "Hold Portal": Malfezant's Sudden Masonry 
                       "Acid Arrow": Whisper's Rending Heartseeker / Pirate Queen's Scurvy Shot
                       "Blur": Raven's Tenebrous Cloak / Quamon's Dimensional Undulations
                       "Shield": Malfezant's Fortuitous Egress / Whisper's Furious Denial 
        Spells Per Day
                5 1st level spells

Racial Power
	Halo
		Once per battle as a free action during your turn, gain +2 to all defenses until you are hit by an
                attack (or until the battle ends).

Spell List
        Utility Spell (1): Disguise Self[Daily] (1) / Feather Fall[Daily] (1) / Hold Portal[Daily] (1)
        Acid Arrow[Daily] (1)
        Blur[Daily] (1)
        Charm Person[Daily] (1)
        Color Spray[Cyclic] (1)
        Magic Missile[At-Will] (1)
        Ray of Frost[At-Will] (1)
        Shield[Recharge 11] (1)
        Shocking Grasp[At-Will] (1)

Basic Attacks
	Melee At-Will - Dagger
	Target: Enemy
	Attack: -1 vs. AC
	Hit: 1d4-1 damage
	Miss: -

Ranged At-Will - Dagger
	Target: Enemy
	Attack: +1 vs. AC
	Hit: 1d4+1 damage
	Miss: -

Equipment
	Dagger (1d4)
        Standard traveling gear
        Clothing, simple
        Clothing, rain cloak (elven)
        Flask, glass (3)
        Pipeweed (5 uses)

Wol fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Feb 19, 2014

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
Allerin

Allerin leans against a wall and huffs. "I would gladly give my life to see these beasts purged from this world."

quote:

Icon Relationships
Great Gold Wyrm (1 Positive)
The Wyrm and his paladins have been valuable allies in my crusade against the Three.

Elf Queen (1 Conflicted)
Although she is a fair and wise ruler, I cannot forgive her for ignoring the Red as it destroyed my home.

The Three (1 Negative)
I will make that hellspawn bastard of a dragon pay for his crimes against my people.

quote:

Backgrounds
Disciplined Warrior +5
While he was once consumed with single-minded hatred of the draconic races, Allerin's training under the Order has given him the will and focus to become a calm, efficient fighter.

Ex-Druid of the Quiet Wood +3
Although he has turned his back on the forest spirits, he still has other valuable knowledge and training from his years as a druid.
pre:
Allerin the Scorched
Level 1 Wood Elf Cleric
OUT: I am the only survivor of the Red's attack on the Quiet Wood.

STR  16 [+2] 18 (+4)   HP: 27/27
CON  14      14 (+2)   Recoveries: 8
DEX  12      12 (+1)   Recovery Dice: 1d8+2
INT  10      10 (+0)   AC: 17
WIS  14 [+2] 16 (+3)   PD: 14
CHA  08      08 (-1)   MD: 12
		       Init: +2

Class Features
Heal
  All clerics know the Heal spell in addition to the spells they choose and memorize each day.

Ritual Magic
  Clerics can cast their spells as rituals.

Domains
Strength: You can wield heavy/martial weapons without an attack penalty.
  Invocation: This battle, you and your nearby allies deal triple damage instead of double
  damage on critical hits with melee attacks.
  Adventurer Feat: Once per battle, you can deal extra damage to one target you hit with a
  melee attack as a free action. The damage bonus is a number of d4 equal to your Strength
  modifier or to your level, whichever is higher.

Sun: Every attack you make deals holy damage unless you choose otherwise for a specific attack.
  Invocation: When you cast a daily spell this battle, roll a d6. If you roll less than or
  equal to the escalation die, you regain the use of that daily spell after the battle.

War: Once per turn when you make a melee attack against an enemy, hit or miss, your allies gain
a +1 attack bonus against that enemy until the start of your turn.
  Invocation: Increase the escalation die by 1.

Racial Power: Elven Grace
At the start of each of your turns, roll a d6. If the result is equal to or lower than the escalation
die, you get an extra standard action on that turn. Each time you get an action, the die rolled for this
power increases by one step for the rest of the battle.

Basic Attacks
Melee Attack
At-Will
Target: One enemy
Attack: +5 vs AC
Hit: 1d10+4 holy damage
Miss: 1 damage

Ranged Attack
At-Will
Attack: +2 vs AC
Hit 1d6+1 holy damage
Miss: No damage

Spells
Heal
Close-quarters spell
Special: You can use this spell twice per battle.
Quick action to cast (1/round)
Target: You or one ally you are next to
Effect: The target can heal using a recovery.

Hammer of Faith
Close-quarters spell
Daily
Effect: Until the end of the battle, your basic melee attacks use d12s as their base 
weapon damage dice.

Shield of Faith
Ranged spell
Daily
Quick action to cast
Effect: You can cast this spell for power or for broad effect.
  Cast for power: One nearby ally gains a +2 bonus to AC this battle.
  Cast for broad effect: Choose up to three nearby creatures (including you); each target
  gains a +1 bonus to AC this battle.

Spirits of the Righteous
Ranged spell
Once per battle
Target: One nearby enemy
Attack: +4 vs MD
Hit: 4d6+3 damage, and your nearby ally with the fewest hitpoints gains a +4 bonus to AC
until the end of your next turn.
Miss: Your nearby ally with the fewest hitpoints gains a +2 bonus to AC until the end of
your next turn.

Javelin of Faith
Ranged spell
At-Will
Target: One nearby enemy
Attack: +4 vs PD
Hit: 1d6+3 holy damage

Gear
Greatsword (1d10)
Chain shirt (Heavy armor; AC 14)
Silver Symbol of the Gold Wyrm
Preserved rose-vine bracelet (a memento of the Quiet Wood)

LlamaTrauma
Jan 12, 2005

Well here I am
Drunk in Heaven
Kinda seems redundant
Trogdor

Trogdor stares Denlyon dead in the eyes, and after moment that seems to hang forever, grins from ear-to-ear. Sometimes words are unnecessary.

pre:
Trogdor, Human Barbarian [1]

STR 20 (+5)   HP 33
DEX 10 (+0)   REC 8 (d10 + 4)
CON 18 (+4)   INIT +5
WIS 8  (-1)   AC 13
INT 8  (-1)   PD 16
CHA 8  (-1)   MD 10

Icon Relationships
The Three [2 Negative] Dragons have long memories, and they acutely
  remember my tribe's alliance with the Wizard King long ago to 
  slay their sibling.
The Lich King [1 Conflicted] The Lich King remembers my tribe's alliance 
  against the dragons when he was still alive, though having the Dragon 
  Emperor as my current employer clouds the water somewhat.

Backgrounds
High Mountains Tribesman 4 : Trogdor's tribe has lived centuries
  in harsh mountain conditions of The Frost Range.
Tribal Champion 3 : Trogdor seeks a greater challenge, dragon slaying,
  after successfully testing his mettle against the warriors of the other clans.
Shaman 1 : The high mountain tribes of the Frost Range are steeped
  in the culture of ancestor and spirit worship.

Racial Features
Quick to Fight: Roll init twice

Class Features
Rage 1/day: Roll 2d20 on attacks, if you hit while both are 11+ you crit. Recharge 12+

Class Talents
Slayer: +1d6/lvl damage attacking a staggered enemy I was 
  not engaged with to start the turn.
Whirlwind: Attack all enemies I am engaged with.  Miss deals no 
  damage. -4 AC, -4 PD until start of next turn.
Building Frenzy: 1/day, after a miss, gain +1d6 damage to all 
  subsequent melee attacks. +1d6 to 4d6 each time another attack misses.

Feats
[Human] Improved Initiative
[A] Building Frenzy: Building frenzy dice are d6's

Gear
Gratuitously Large Dragon Skull Mace (d10)
Battered Leather Armor (Light)
Bone Dagger (d4)
4gp

Melee Attack
+6 vs AC : HIT d10+5 damage MISS 1 damage
Ranged Attack
Trogdor refuses to make pathetic ranged attacks.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Anita

Anita stared down the old man. "I'm not here to die, I'm here to kill. I want the dragons to know the fear they've taught us."

pre:
Anita Level 1 Rogue

Backgrounds

Noble Daughter (4 pts)
I went to one of the best finishing schools so I know the 350 approved ways to address a noble. 
The 23 different knives used in a 7 course banquet and generally how to interact with the great and good.

Survived on the Streets (1 point)
I learned how to survive on the streets. I can beg, hustle and manoeuvre through the urban jungle with the best of them.

Con Artist for the Guild (3 point)
I learned how to twist people around my little finger and how to bribe, coerce and blackmail to get what I wanted. 
I also picked up a good grounding in more traditional thievery.

Icons

Shadow King (2 pts Positive)

The agents of the shadow king took me in when no one else cared. They transformed a scared and starving girl into the woman I am today. I will always be grateful for that.

Emperor (1 pt Ambiguous)
The empire was were the money was. So we fleeced it's nobles, unfortunately some of them have long memories. 
On the other hand some of them have rivals who were delighted to see them fall flat on their face.

HP: 24
REC: 8
Initiative: +4

STR  10 (0) 
DEX  16 (+3) 
CON  14 (+2) 
INT  12 (+1)
WIS  10 (0)  	
CHR  16 (+3) 

AC: 15 
PD: 15 
MD: 12 

Racial
 Quick to Fight: At the start of each battle, roll initiative twice and choose the
result you want.

Class Features

Momentum
Many of the rogue’s powers function only when the rogue has momentum.
-gain momentum by hitting an enemy with an attack.
-lose momentum when you are hit by an attack.

Sneak Attack
Once per round when you make a rogue melee weapon attack
against an enemy engaged with one or more of your allies, you
can deal +1d4 damage if your attack hits.

Trap Sense
Even rogues whose backgrounds don’t have anything to do with noticing, avoiding, or disarming traps have a unique knack for
dealing with traps.If a rogue’s skill check involving a trap is a natural even failure, 
the rogue can reroll the skill check once. If a trap’s attack
roll against a rogue is a natural odd roll, the rogue can force the trap to reroll the attack once.

Talents

Shadow Walk 

May shadow walk at-will:
As a move action before you have used your standard action
this turn, if you are not engaged, you can make the following
“attack” against all nearby enemies, targeting the enemy among
them with the highest Mental Defense.
Attack= 17 vs. Highest enemy MD
Hit: Remove yourself from play. At the start of your next
turn, return anywhere nearby that you could have moved
to normally during your turn, and deal double damage with
your first rogue attack that turn. (No monkeying around
with delaying and such here: return on your initiative and
take your turn.)
Miss: No effect. You can’t attempt to shadow walk again
until your next turn, but you still have your standard
action this turn

Smooth Talk

Once per day, convince your GM with an amazing line of patter while
you are using social skills to speak or interact with NPCs associated
with a particular icon. If the GM is convinced by your patter, roll a
normal save (11+). If you succeed, for the rest of the day you can
function as if you have a 2-point positive relationship with the icon
who seems to be in play. Thanks to your amazing gift of gab, for a
short time, it’s more or less true. (Note that these points replace any
points you normally have with the icon rather than adding to them.)
Failure on the Smooth Talk save generally arouses suspicions.

Swashbuckle
Once per battle as a quick action, you can spend your momentum
to pull off a daring stunt the likes of which others could scarcely
conceive.

Powers:

Flying Blade
Ranged attack
At-Will
Special: You must use a small bladed weapon with this attack.
Target: One nearby creature
Attack: +4 vs. AC
Hit: 1d4+3 damage, and if your natural attack
roll is even and one of your allies is engaged with the target,
you can use your Sneak Attack damage for the round.

Roll With It
Momentum power
At-Will (once per round)
Interrupt action; requires momentum
Trigger: A melee attack that targets AC hits you.
Effect: You take half damage from that attack.

Evasive Strike
Melee attack
At-Will
Hit: 1d8+3 damage, and you can pop free from
the target.

Sure Cut
Melee attack
At-Will
Special: You must have momentum and be able to deal your
Sneak Attack damage to the target if you hit.
Hit: 1d8+3 damage
Miss: 1d4+1 damage

Feat:

Adventurer Feat: If you score a critical hit with flying blade, the
target is also dazed (–4 attack) until the end of your next turn.

Inventory:
Leather Armour(AC 12)
Rapier (1d8 damage)
Assorted Throwing Daggers (1d4 damage)
Necklace (Complete with the Hawksilver crest on it.)
Thieves Tools
25 GP  
10ft rope

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Mar 9, 2014

Dr.Tree
May 7, 2007

Sure there are goons in local government. But there are goons in national government too
Horatio Jut

Horatio looks around the large empty room. "You do a rather poor job of selling the gig. Don't worry, I've no other choice."

pre:
One Unique Thing: A Deity has given him a contract to kill Dragons
Race: Half Elf +Cha
Class: Sorcerer +Con
STR 12 	
DEX 14 	
CON 16      14+2 
INT 10 	
WIS 8  	
CHA 18      16+2 	

AC: 15 PD: 14 MD: 11 
Init: +3
HP: 27 Recoveries: 8, d6+3

Icons:
+3 Priestess (Conflicted) - We don't agree on much of anything, but unless she has some evil demons hiding her Cathedral I'm on a divine mission of good.

Backgrounds:
	The "Face" +5
	Traveler +3

Class Features:
	Access to Wizardry- Can take wiz spells starting at lvl 3

Breath Weapon- 16+ recharge each round

Chain- If attack roll is a natural even the caster can roll another attack against another enemy within range. Roll attacks as long as 
         you keep rolling evens and have targets in range.

Dancing Lights Produce a number of varicolored light globes that bloom 
         within 5 to 30 feet of the caster every two to five seconds. 
	 Caster has very little control over the exact location or illumination provided.

Gather Power- Standard action: double dmg of next spell. Also roll on a table to determine benfit.
		1-2: +1 Ac till next turn
		3-4: Deal lvl damage to all nearby staggered enemies
		5-6: lvl dmg to one nearby enemy

Class Talents:
	Infernal Heritage: Once per day, as a quick action when the escalation die is 1+, you can enter a spell frenzy untill the end of the battle. 
	While in a spell frenzy, you roll 2d20 for each of your sorcerer spell attacks. 
	Use the highest die as you attack roll, but track whether the other die hits. 
	For each die that misses, you take damage equal to double the level of the target of your attack.

Spell Fist: +2 AC. Can use ranged spells while engaged with enemies without taking opportunity attacks. 
	Use Con mod instead of Cha to determine the damage you add to all your sorcerer spells.

Sorcerer's Familiar: One permanent ability and two abilities randomly determined after each full heal.

Spells:
	Burning Hands- 
		At-will Two nearby enemies in a group. 
                 Cha+lvl vs. PD 
                 1d6+Con fire Dmg

Chaos Bolt- 
		At-will One nearby enemy OR one far away enemy at -2. 
                 Cha+lvl vs. PD  
                 1d8+Con (Random type)Dmg. Miss damage equal to level
		(If the natural attack roll was even, gain a chaotic benefit as if you had gathered power) 

Lightning Fork-
		 Recharge +16 after battle. one nearby enemy: Chain Spell. 
                 Cha+lvl vs. PD  
                 3d6+Con lighting damage Dmg Miss half damage

Scorching Ray- 
		At-will One nearby enemy. 
                Cha+lvl vs. PD  
                1d6+Con fire Dmg and if roll is even target takes 1d8 ongoing fire.             
                Miss damage equal to level

Feats:
	Infernal Heritage - Adventuring tier: 
\               (Resist 12+ Fire and Ice)

Racial:
	Surprising: 
		Once per battle, subtract one from the natural result of one of your own d20 rolls.

Gear:
One traveling pack
One very reflective dagger D4
Two Fine Suits
14gp
pre:
Familiar: Dave the Will o' Wisp o' Guilt
Permanent Ability: Position - Once per battle add 5 ongoing poison damage per tier to damage roll.

Ability roll chart
1.Agile - +2 to dex skill checks
2.Alert - +2 to Wis skill checks
3.Counter-bite - Each battle deal 1d4 dmg (per lvl) to first enemy that hits you with melee.
4.Flight - Flies
5.Mimic - Once per day, gain the use of a racial power (without feats) of a near-by ally.
6.Scout - Once per day the familiar can scout an area.
7.Tough - +1 save bonus
8.Talkative- Can talk like a person.

Dr.Tree fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Feb 20, 2014

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Denlyon nods at each of you in turn, but gives Horatio a sneer.

"I'm not here to sell this. This isn't some Midland cruise tour, half-elf, not some glory seeking mercenary company or some Crusader run army. We're fighting beings more powerful than the Empire's armies, more cunning than all the Prince's lackeys, and we're doing it out of a hole in the wall right under their very noses."

Denlyon moves over to a blank wall.

"Fortunately, its my hole in the wall. It's time for the tour."

He presses at a hidden button, and hitherto unseen doors swing open to reveal other rooms and hallways.

"Two rooms with bunks and lockers, for you to hole up in while your here. Got a kitchen too, though you'll be buying your own food. Next room over is for training, I've got some straw targets up but you'd be better served sparring with each other.

Over here we got our library. Little hobby of mine, finding literature about Dragons. I'd recommend you spend some time here studying up. Well, if you can read." He raises an eyebrow at Trogdor.

The library means you already know everything about Dragons that's in the 13th Age Core Book. Weaknesses, possible abilities, and so on.

Denlyon walks over to a room with an iron barred door. He produces a key to open it and you see there's not much there except a single chair and runes lining the walls.

"This is my pride and joy. The Blue's geas prevents any kind of mortal harm, with weapons or spells, from happening to any creature anywhere in Drakkenhall. Anywhere except this room. For most creatures, finding out what the runes do is enough to make them talk."

He closes the door and moves on to another room, lined with boxes and an aging kobold squatting in the center like a miniature dragon.

"Here's the 'quartermaster'. He'll charge an arm and a leg, but he's drat good at finding what you need in this shithole of a city. Say hello, Krikkel."

"Eh? New blood? Hey, 20 gold says the knife girl gets eaten first!" He cackles to himself among his collection of weapons and potions.

"Shut up Krikkel, I'm not doing bets with you anymore."

Your final stop is back to the bunk rooms, where Denlyon opens another secret door, this one leading down a long, dim tunnel.

"Finally, the bolthole. This one leads out to the ruins, and there's nasty poo poo out there. That means this is emergencies only, got it?

And that's everything. Makes a good enough place to hide out in. Gods know I've done it for a decade.

Now, one good thing about this city is you hear plenty about whats going on in terms of monsters and conquerors. There are some Kobolds covered in white paint over in the market square. They're telling everyone who'll listen about some great white hope near the Queen's Wood, a new age, the same old drivel. Thing is, they've got this wood elf lady with them, carrying all their things and suffering their mistreatment. There's another white dragon out there with dreams of grandeur, looks like. It'll be up to you lot to figure out where exactly he is. And you can save that elf too, if you're feeling like it."

He tosses you a bag of gold and a single rune.

"These are the only freebies you're getting. The rune's a special mix I get from a local chemist. They're more expensive, but I prefer it for our line of work."

You have received 150 gold and a Fire Rune! Apply it to a weapon or implement as a quick action to change the damage type of your attacks to fire and deal 1d6 extra damage for the rest of a battle.
Additional elemental runes will cost 150 gold a pop.

Dr.Tree
May 7, 2007

Sure there are goons in local government. But there are goons in national government too
Horatio Jut

Horatio begins to head towards the Library. "I say we let the barbarian have the rune. I don't know the first thing about dragons so I'm going to go check to see if they explode when exposed to water or something." He pauses and turns back to the group. "Speaking of! Krikkel I'm short on cash but 5 gold says Trogdor is the first one to go into the belly of the beast, and another 5 gold says he comes erupting right back out." As Horatio turns back around a cloud of blue flames erupts into existence around him and consolidates above his head. "That's been happening a lot recently. I'm trying to ignore it, but if anyone knows what it is I'd love to know. Unless its fatal, then I want you to lie to me."

I forgot to roll this last time so here it is
Familiar abilities: (1)Agile and (5)Mimic

Dr.Tree fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Feb 20, 2014

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Aea

"Well, no need to worry about it then." Aea giggles. "If you get a strange tingling feeling when it appears or when you're about to fall asleep, it's nothing. Your soul's not going anywhere. Now, as for these kobolds," Aea leaves Horatio to his confusion and addresses the rest of the group, "I can change my form for a few minutes at a time. We can scope out these kobolds, get some idea of how they act and who they talk to, then figure out a good disguise I can use to hustle the elf away from them. I bet we'd get better intel from her than from them. And, y'know, she'd be happy to not have to put up with those little bastards anymore."

Wol fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Feb 20, 2014

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Krikkel shouts back "You got a deal, magician, and 5 more gold if he comes out the other end!"

His cackling laughter follows you out the door as you go to investigate these kobolds.

It doesn't take long to find them. Some kobolds are standing around a ruined fountain, their faces painted white and their armor decorated with a white claw. One of them is standing on a box and shouting at anyone who will listen.

"A new Age will dawn! Krakten, the great white dragon, is forging a new land! Taken from the arrogant humans and elves, he will create a kingdom where all will prosper under his draconic strength! Join, or be swept aside in his conquest!"

Most of the passers by ignore him, or visibly laugh and roll their eyes. Some local kobolds seem to have taken an interest, and even now kobolds carrying their meager belongings are getting a mark in white paint.

The Wood elf you were told about is chained to a post near the fountain. She mostly seems to be trying to avoid notice, though one of the kobolds walks up and gives her a kick every so often. However, you're not the only group who's taken an interest in her. A couple orcs are arguing and making gestures at her on the other side of the square. And a pale looking human in black robes is staring at her while counting out some gold pieces.

LlamaTrauma
Jan 12, 2005

Well here I am
Drunk in Heaven
Kinda seems redundant
Trogdor

Trogdor hangs back with the others as they observe the Kobolds. "Great white dragon? Pahaha," he chuckles as he pats his dragon skull mace, "Trogdor already have a white dragon."

He turns to the company and asks, "You guys want talk, or time to smash little dragon people?"

People fine with me taking the rune as the tankish one? We can distribute the 150 too, or just keep a community chest. I vote the latter.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Allerin

Allerin glares at the orcs and pale man, then whispers to the group, "We should act sooner rather than later. Perhaps we should buy the slave girl; it will draw less attention than a bloody conflict, and we can question her about this 'Krakten' after getting her to safety. She's bound to have picked some information from the slavers."

I'm fine with Trogdor taking the rune, and agree with the community chest.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Quick correction, the rune grants +1 to attacks along with the fire typing and bonus 1d6 damage for the rest of the battle.

Also, Drakkenhall is under a powerful Geas preventing mortal or lasting harm while within its borders. So a fight means you'll have to get creative.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Anita

"I have a better idea." Anita leans in and whispers to the group. "Here's what we do Horatio and I pretend to be agents of the blues secret police and we just march in grab the girl and drag her off for questioning. Trog you and Allerin pretend to be our muscle." She looks at Aea awkwardly, "I don't see where you'd fit in though so you better make yourself scarce" Everyone know what they're doing?

joining the consensus on the community chest and the rune.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Aea

Aea smirks. "Allerin could just pretend to want to buy her. He looks the part."

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
If we go with Anita's plan, I'll be using Disguise Self - sorry, I mean Korolakkus's Dynamic Tension - to join the goon squad half of the party as an imposing, musclebound amazon.

Dr.Tree
May 7, 2007

Horatio Jut

"What are the odds they bring her along on the pilgrimage to see this 'Crack-Ten'? Cause, outside of us joining along and attacking the convoy mid journey I think pretending to have some kind of authority is our best bet. Aea, as our token non-human/elf would you like to make introductions to our pint-sized racists? You can leave all the heavy lying to Anita and I."

Community chest and rune to the barbarian sounds great to me.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Allerin

Allerin crosses his arms and looks away from the group, clearly flustered. "Hmph. I don't know what you're talking about, Weaver. In any case, I agree that we go along with Anita's plan."

LlamaTrauma
Jan 12, 2005

Well here I am
Drunk in Heaven
Kinda seems redundant
Trogdor

Trogdor's eyes narrow at Anita's suggestion, "Pretend to be muscle? This is real muscle, sneaky lady." He flexes to cap off the point.

"Trogdor will try only scare little dragon people for you, no smash them." He grins as he unslings his bludgeon, "No promises though."

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
You prepare yourselves to storm in, cleaning up a bit and putting up your hoods to look the part of the Blue's secret authority in Drakkenhall. Aea weaves a disguise spell, taking the form of a female counterpart to Trogdor's immense bulk.

In keeping with your new roles, you march forward into the square, Trogdor and Alleirin seizing the girl and breaking her chain with a smash of Trogdor's mace. The wood-elf screams in terror, and the kobolds take immediate offense.

"What! Hey, that's our elf! Ours! Need her to carry our things back, you get your own!"

The orcs you saw earlier also rush over.

"No, that's OUR elf! The warband needs a new cooking slave, this is the only one in good shape we've seen today!"
The other orc chuckles in a guttural voice.
"Yes! We have her over for dinner! Hur hur hur hur..."

The human in black robes seems content to watch from the sidelines.

Wolery, need an Int+Background check from you to see how good your disguise is.
Everyone else is free to roll whatever appropriate, though I'll be adjusting behind the scenes if I feel like a different Ability Score is better suited.

Also I'll be keeping the community purse updated in the first post. Did anyone forget to note their starting gold in their sheets?

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Allerin

"Fools! This elf belongs to the Blue...and you will belong to her, too, if you do not hold your tongues!"

He laughs harshly, almost maniacally, and mutters, "Yes, she does so love to experiment with tongues."

Hopefully they buy the act.

Intimidate: 1d20 3 Not sure which stat would work best for this between STR/CHA/INT, and I'm not sure it matters. :shepface:

Dr.Tree
May 7, 2007

Horatio Jut

Horatio calmly turns to face the orcs. "Stand down Orcs your size nor numbers equate to anything in this city. Our master sees to that but luckily for you..." Horatio motions towards the man in black. "I believe that man deals in flesh. If you drop your claim on the elf and follow that man you may save all of us a lot of time and effort. Perhaps you may even find a 'cook' that isn't so frail as to bested by delusional kobolds."

Diplomacy: 28 (18+1+5+4) lvl+"The Face"+Cha

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Anita

"Now, now good sirs" Anita turns to the assembled Kobolds. "The lady blue would be most appreciative and would express her thanks personally if you would hand over the elf girl with the minimum of fuss."

Smooth talking the Kobolds: 1d20 1 Welp I blew that roll

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
hm, try a skill check Ferrosol. Tie breaker, as it were

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

M.c.P posted:

hm, try a skill check Ferrosol. Tie breaker, as it were

Anita

"No one wants a fuss right? I mean it would be a shame to tell her Ladyship that the citizens of this fair city are impeding her lawful followers as they go about their business. Why, it might even make her angry. Hey, Horatio do you remember whatever happened to the last guy who made her angry? Did they ever find all his body parts?

Persuading the Kobolds: 1d20+3+3+1 16 (roll +3 Cha +3 Con-artist for the guild, +1 level)

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Feb 22, 2014

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Disguise1d20+8* = 28
*+4 Int, +3 Guild Thief, +1 lvl

Critical Muscles :whatup:

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
The Orcs and Kobolds look like they're going to argue, but Aea's magical disguise casts a shadow over even the orcs. One look at the muscles on her projected image convince them this wasn't an argument worth having, and they look more than ready to leave.

The Orcs grunt and turn to leave.
"Hmph. We'll keep your offer in mind, but just because your Mistress controls this city doesn't mean we'll take orders from her. Let's go."
"But I'm hungry..."
The complainer gets a hard smack on the back of the head, and the two Orcs walk away.

The Kobolds certainly have respect for the draconic ruler of the city.
"Ack! Yes, yes, Mistress Blue and her agents wish to keep elf, they can keep elf. Please do not bother with us lowly beings."
Most of them pick up their boxes and begin to shuffle away, bowing and begging all the while. One of the new recruits looks puzzled.
"But the Mistress hates elves..."
But he is shushed and ferried on his way.

You prepare to make a quick exit, but when you turn around that black robed human has suddenly appeared behind you. He smiles wanly and addresses you.
"Well, at least the goblinoids have a healthy respect for their betters, even if they aren't very bright. Another creature might have noticed that the governess prefers to be called Mistress, not Lady. Or that she has no Wood elves in her employ. Or, for that matter, gentlemen armed with maces carved from a dragon's skull.

So who are you, then? And what were you planning on doing with this young woman? Whatever your goals, I'm willing to offer 150 gold to take her off your hands instead.

M.c.P fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Feb 22, 2014

Dr.Tree
May 7, 2007

Horatio Jut

"Golemancy resulting in a price well exceeding you measly offer. What do YOU want with the woman? Surely there has to be another bloody damsel for you degenerates to fight over! " Horatio turns to elf. "Are you part of some secret prophecy?"

Bluff/More lying: 18 1d20+1+5+4

Golemancy. I'm sure he saw that word in a book once. sounds like something seedy magic people do with other people.

LlamaTrauma
Jan 12, 2005

Well here I am
Drunk in Heaven
Kinda seems redundant
Trogdor

"Oh, man in dress notice Trogdor's dragon?" He gets in real close to the man in the black robe's face and lowers his voice, "Maybe I make your skull into puny weapon next if you no leave?"

Scare Black Robe Guy: 1d20+1-1+3 4

Hooray, a 1 D: just gonna assume that doesn't land...

If appropriate given the roll:Trogdor turns away from the man in black, hoping a stern exit will emphasize his threat. He slips on the pile of Kobold refuse he failed to notice, flailing wildly on his way down.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
The elf shakes her head, still in the grip of terror and confusion.

The human chuckles to himself.
"Golemancy uses elemental spirits, I'm afraid."
He pauses and looks at Horatio for a moment.
"Ah, but I thought I recognized you. Here, let me clear some confusion here."

He reaches into his robe and produces his necklace, a stylized Ankh. It is the symbol of the Priestess.
"Come, I think we should talk, but not out here in the open."

Should you follow...
You leave the busy market square and find a dark back alley. It's deserted save one gnoll, passed out on the corner with a bottle in hand. The human lowers the hood of his robe and addresses you.
"My name is Danver Road, and I apologize for the deception. To answer your question, I was hoping to free the girl and help her return home. I've been living in Drakkenhall for almost a year now, using the donations and tithes the good Mother receives to free some of the poor unfortunates that come through here. I must say, its good to see a familiar face in this city.

So what brings you here? And what does make this girl so important? Ah, but I forget myself."
He turns to the elf you just rescued, and with a few words, begins to heal the effects of her mistreatment with holy power. Job done, he produces a loaf of bread and cheese and gives it to her.

"You're safe now, child. What is your name?"
"... Nallesia. It's Nallesia."
"A beautiful name. But rest a moment, you still have the journey home ahead of you."

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Allerin

"She may not be important, priest, but she could have information that is valuable to us. It is...unfortunate that the Geas over this city prevents harm from coming to those who deserve it. I daresay the kobolds would have known more about the white dragon than some fledgling of the Queen's Wood." He pronounces 'Queen's Wood' with just a hint of malice.

"Nallesia, when you are ready to talk - if you are willing to talk, and I pray to the Wyrm that is the case - what do you know of the dragon called Krakten?"

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Nallesia is busy wolfing down the food, but the mention of Krakten causes her to pause.

"I hope you're asking me in order to kill that ruthless beast. That thing killed my brother and my friends, and I want vengeance any way I can.

There's a village called Himmelton, north of Concord and just west of the Queen's wood. It serves as a trade post between the elves of the forest and the cities. A few months ago, kobolds started staging ambushes on our convoys and food stores. I mean, they've always been a nuisance, but they seemed more organized, and they always struck where we were weakest. Eventually the local Marshall got all the guards and some passing adventurers together to find their den and wipe them out. Me and my brother were part of the group, we were hunters, and knew where one likely cave was."

This is difficult for her. Tears start to well in her eyes.

"We were ambushed. I was pinned by a rock fall trap, but the others... We had no idea a white dragon was leading them. He killed them all, to the last man, and when I was dug out he told me 'You will serve your rightful masters.'"

She takes a moment to pull herself together.

"Krakten, he must be the size of a house, and the kobolds worship him like a god. Their den is in this rocky area, north by northwest of Himmelton, but it's more than that. There's this underground city that's been revealed, ancient, and I don't think its dwarven. Kobolds must have been gathering there for months because there were hundreds of them living there. Krakten's stays in this grand building, with kobolds making offerings at the gates almost every hour.

But Krakten, he's not some simple whelp of a lizard. His eyes are this milky white color, and he always has a kobold leading him around, or riding him with leads. But when the kobolds were preparing to go to Drakkenhall, they went up to Krakten and asked him for guidance. He went into this... trance, I suppose, talking about paths and signs. I didn't know what to think of it, but on the way here we passed through the edges of the Queen's Wood and never ran into a patrol. And there's the ambush, the way the kobolds always struck us when our guard was down, despite our best efforts.

I think Krakten can see the future."

M.c.P fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Feb 23, 2014

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Allerin

"Then he will know of your treason, and his own swiftly approaching death. Let's report back to our employer; if it's alright with the two of you," Allerin points to Danver and Nallesia, "I would ask that you not follow us."

Dr.Tree
May 7, 2007

Horatio Jut

Horatio jots down the definition of golemancy and 'You will serve your rightful masters.'. "Need to think of a witty retort to that..." Horatio looks at the man in black and Nallesia. "Sorry, I'm new to this empathy thing. Its good to meet others who are trying to make the world a better place. That said I may have told those orcs to follow you to find more slave deals. I hope they don't listen to me, but just a heads up. Nallesia, Could you lead us back to this white Dragon? I'd feel better hearing your tale on the road.... outside the city walls.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Anita

A Dragon that can see the future... great just great Anita thought to herself. "Hopefully the last thing it sees is a pair of throwing daggers through it's eyes" then realising from the strange looks she gets from the elf and priest she turned and said "sorry, just thinking aloud." absent-mindedly she makes a note for future reference that the blue magus is referred to as mistress by her minions.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Danver nods.
"You have a difficult journey ahead then. Please, go with my blessings."

He touches each of you in turn, and you feel prepared to give your all in defeating this threat

The next fight you engage in, the Escalation die will start at one.

Nallesia is looking much better for the care and food. Some of that wood elf willfulness has come back to her.

"I can lead you to his lair. We can head through the Queen's Wood safely, some rangers there owe me a favor. But I'd like to check on Himmelton as well. They can't be doing well with most of their guards dead."

if you'd like to stop in at Denlyon, it can be assumed you ask these two to meet you someplace before you head off

Dr.Tree
May 7, 2007

"I see no problem with checking on this villa on our way. It's not as if we have the element of surprise to lose anyway."

I don't think we need to check in with Denlyon. I'm sure he trusts that we are on the case.

LlamaTrauma
Jan 12, 2005

Well here I am
Drunk in Heaven
Kinda seems redundant
Trogdor

"Lead us to the dragon, man in black dress."

I can't think of anything we'd need from the home base..?

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Aea

"Yeah, we should head straight out. Less contact we have with this 'employer' the better, right?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Allerin

"Fine; the sooner the better, I suppose."

• Locked thread