Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Wait, so did the murdered spy family keep the letter explaining everything in their house? Also kung-fu master or not, Felicity intimidating that guy with a crowbar was quite optimistic.

Otherwise that was a quite good episode, though compared to the first one, it feels like barely anything is happening. The walk-in resolution in particular felt a bit disappointing, thought maybe they'll manage to make something more out of it later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

zVxTeflon posted:

What was the point of going off on Martha?

To get out from her earlier than promised, I presume. Still pretty stupid to crank it up like that when he's got her committing insanely illegal surveillance oh his behalf. Maybe he wanted to break it of for good and will never come back, but then he'd have to hope there's absolutely nothing she knows that could help identify him.

precision posted:

That was the saddest handjob I've ever seen on cable television.

Also, did not see the twist that Claudia actually cares about Liz and Phil coming.

And :tviv: that fight at the end. :drat:

Go watch Breaking Bad. Also I don't think Claudia necessarily cares about anyone...

Did Liz and/or Phil get punched in the face a bunch during the fight? Wanna see that breakfast conversation:
-"Kids, mom and dad had a rough night"
-:gonk:

Also that was a pretty bizarre trap, you'd think the honeypotters would know better than to try to engage them one on one and unarmed.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Which would be a problem for her how? To be fair I don't really get what her plan was anyway.

Also I like to think that the whole honey pot propeller thing was written to pacify assholes like me who are still upset about how easily the factory worker folded. Now it makes perfect sense, he was FBI and deliberately guided them towards the fake plans!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tortolia posted:

I love just how much attention to detail they put into this poo poo.

That's really cool and I was actually wondering just recently if they dubbed the Russian in or how they managed to have realistic and well delivered dialog. Of course, it's always bothered me a bit whenever characters who are supposed to be native speakers clearly wouldn't be able to order a BigMac, let alone discuss foreign policy or something. It's just hilarious in Red Heat, but really weird in a serious movie - is it that hard to find a starving Russian speaking actor or just dub it in later?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Gonz posted:

Spoiler alert: Nope. :haw:

Except yes, but Elizabeth then wakes up to discover that she just had an operation on the wound sustained in season 1 finale.

[E: typo]

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Apr 22, 2014

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Phil and Liz are going to have like the worst PTSD ever, aren't they?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Totally, the scribe's turned out to be such a badass. This show has a ton of spinoff potential. Another one is if Jared turns out to be a spy and then Paige also follows her mom's steps, they could have their own teenage spying show as well. They could call it Spy Kids '86 or something.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Reporter noooo :negative:

It was inevitable but still sad to see him go, via a handcuffed Liz-administered beatdown, even.

Great episode overall, maybe even my favorite so far, but there were a couple of weird things. Like, how the gently caress did that dude at the beginning managed to get shot? So he makes it onto the shop floor, gets caught and tries to make a run for it from within a secured facility? And then somebody shoots him in the back? Did he try to rambo his way in and got hit on his way out?

Jared's monologue felt waaay over the top in general, but especially for someone with a hole in their neck. Of course Liz watches this, comes home and thinks that this is a great gig and Paige totally should do this. I know she's a crazy commie, but c'mon! I thought Phil would punch her in the face then and there.

precision posted:

If the girl who plays Paige weren't as good as she is, her plots would be terrible. They lucked out and cast a couple of good kids.

Yeah, I dunno how realistic some of her rants were (probably not very) but with a more annoying actress this definitely wouldn't work at all.

Edit for typos

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 08:42 on May 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

nooneofconsequence posted:

In the finale alone two plants got killed, one of which snapped and murdered two agents, while another turned them down after months of being worked. So it ain't going so great at the moment.

Well both of them were basically being blackmailed, so that's not surprising that they couldn't be pushed endlessly. Someone converted on ideological basis would behave completely differently.

Second-gen on the other hand is completely ridiculous, but as long as they don't turn the show into spy kids and just use it as one of the plots to set up a conflict between Phil and Liz and the Center, that's fine by me.

• Locked thread