Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

DivisionPost posted:

Where did we leave off?

-Martha (Alison Wright), secretary to FBI Counterintelligence Supervisor Frank Gaad (Richard Thomas), is now married to one of Phillip's cover identities.
This is the plot thread I'm most anxious to see, even though it featured some of the most ridiculous scenes (and wigs) in the first season. How in the world is Phillip going to split his time, and what explanation will he give to Martha on the one side and his kids on the other? It cannot end well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

I watched the first season again over the weekend to get ready. I remembered the scene with Keri Russell rearranging Margo Martindale's face, of course, but I had forgotten the amazing scene the next time they meet, in episode 7.

Mags apologizes, saying she was just following orders. Elizabeth says she owes more than an apology. Then Mags takes her sunglasses off to show all the bruises. Elizabeth looks at her and says, "I'm sorry I didn't kill you. There, that's my apology." To which she coldly replies, "Better luck next time."

:drat: Such a great scene that was overshadowed in my memory by the beatdown scene.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Good episode all around. Elizabeth was terrifying with the crowbar.

screenwritersblues posted:

drat, Phillip has the best 80s father figure type that I've seen on TV in a while.
It was even better since he usually swoops in as the cool dad after Elizabeth gets on to Paige. This time, daddy's pissed.

FX is doing an excellent job editing the previews. The one last week made it look like Phillip was on the rooftop with Stan. It faked me out. I was looking forward to that confrontation all week.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Huh, must have walked back into the room after they showed his face. I still think the previews have been good this season.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Amazon has exclusive rights to The Americans. The first season is free on Prime, and the second season will probably become free a couple of weeks before the next season. That is how it worked with Justified. $2-3 an episode for the current season then free to members after the DVDs come out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

"I'm not good at seduction." drat, Clark is brutal to Martha. She is going to be devastated personally and professionally if (when) Philip and Elizabeth are exposed.

• Locked thread