Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011
Cannot wait for this to start airing again. With The Americans and Hannibal returning very close to one another it's going to be a great few months for drama.

Also wigs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011
Welp, they certainly did a good job of reinforcing this season being about family rather than husband and wife.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

ufarn posted:

I assume they paid to use some catchy period tune.

They did and it was great. Here's a link to where I could watch the trailer (UK goon): http://time.com/3626347/americans-season-3-teaser/

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

CeeJee posted:

I think the exact reason for the submarine sinking are a little unclear. It was claimed the design was not suitable for Russian production quality and S Directorate was the scapegoat for falling for an American trick.

Basically this. According to Oleg, the sinking of the sub could have been prevented if the propellers had went through proper testing (three weeks instead of six months I think he puts it?) AND fitted onto the right class of sub AND if the sub captain didn't push them past their allowed limits. If proper procedure was followed then no one would have lost their lives, instead things got rushed and people died. Directorate S get the blame since they're an easy scapegoat.

It's incredibly hosed up.

• Locked thread