Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

nwin posted:

Apparently all of Phillip's spy skills just went out the window.

I think you're supposed to assume that Larrick is just that good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

CBJSprague24 posted:

FX kills off another teen but, before he goes, he vents on how much he hated his loving double life. :stare:

And about how he killed his parents.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

MAGS

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

Holy poo poo. Is it March yet?

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

I have to imagine that's it for Nina, I just can't think of a believable way Stan could save her at this point.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

Jared's last scene was pretty ridiculous, and a lot of what he said could have been excised and moved to the conversation between Mags and the Jennings. However, I do think that the speech, and the performance behind it, was great at illustrating a level of fanaticism that gave even Phil and Liz some pause.

Baronash fucked around with this message at 05:18 on May 23, 2014

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

Wow, and I thought zoux was weird for refusing to watch a show that hasn't been renewed. It's absolutely hilarious to me that anyone would consider quitting a show because of what they think might happen next season based on five minutes of dialogue. Most likely this will just be a source of tension, and Paige will remain blissfully unaware of what her parents do. Even if they go through with it, there's no reason to assume that, given the timeline of the show, it would progress further than just introducing her to Soviet ideology. That actually would have the potential to be really interesting. It's not like they'll all of a sudden have Paige acting as her parents' getaway driver.

coma posted:

I think I might be done with this show, the "second-generation" illegals thing is completely retarded. Why would you risk trying to turn a hitherto clueless child into a plant at the CIA/FBI/DoD when you can just do what you've been doing already, which is turning people within the organization, which is how it was actually done with great effect in the 70s and 80s and how it was already working in the show.

The writers have done a pretty good job showing how turning people is difficult and potentially dangerous. They had that one man last season who tried to bargain with the FBI and turn in the General. You had Larrick this season, who was on the verge of turning Phil and Liz in. And Stan, who basically fell into the KGB's lap, ended up not being willing to go as far as they wanted. If they had an agent of their own in Stan's position, then Echo would have been theirs for the taking.

Also, the Russians tried it:

quote:

Tim Foley was among the children most extensively groomed for a future spy career, officials say. Though he wasn't American-born, his parents lived in the U.S. for more than a decade, under the assumed names Donald Heathfield and Tracey Foley. Mr. Foley was 20 when his parents were arrested and had just finished his sophomore year at George Washington University in the nation's capital.

His parents revealed their double life to him well before their arrest, according to current and former officials, whose knowledge of the discussion was based on surveillance by the Federal Bureau of Investigation that included bugging suspects' homes. The officials said the parents also told their son they wanted him to follow in their footsteps.
http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10000872396390444097904577537044185191340

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

She can tell that her daughter wants something to believe in, and she would much rather it be the Motherland than Jesus.

Dr.Caligari posted:

I got excited to see replies too... Anyone know when the third season will air?

Probably not until the spring.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

This was, by far, the best minute of the Sons of Anarchy finale last night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

FogHelmut posted:

I have no idea what the current thread title means, so anything is better.

the Americans S3 - Strategic Wig Initiative

It was a joke made after the first episode of the show, where they used the song Tusk during the opening chase scene.

• Locked thread