Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Season 1 definitely fluctuated in quality, but the last few installments were absolutely the equal of Justified, Breaking Bad, et al.

Here's hoping that they get a slightly better handle on Phillip and Elizabeth's relationship this time around, though. Last year it was a bit herky jerky, always pushing changes in the status quo without ever letting us feel the ramifications.

But drat, that's incredibly petty of me. Stan Beeman initially did nothing for me, and I thought the show was making a mistake spending so much time with him and the FBI. I was incredibly wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Great ep, but confused about something that i'm probably over analyzing.

I thought when we last left the series Beeman and the FBI had figured out that they were probably after a man and woman couple. But when we pick back up with Stan and the FBI we see the sketches of Phillip and Elizabeth - and one of someone else who looks a lot like Henry.

Did they somehow realize that the couple might have kids, and am I just misremembering last year's finale?

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

People generally don't like period dramas. I'd like to believe that a good chunk of americans don't have the stomach to watch "Dem Evil Commies" take center stage, its probably more to do with the "That looks like a show set in the eighties - No thank you!" impulse.

Of course, a good chunk of fans go apeshit for any science fiction or fantasy out there, but period dramas have a much rougher go of it.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Welp, I guess everyone has different tastes.

I completely agree that the factory worker just didn't want to get involved with someone else's problem. Unless you're an idiot, you don't look at someone and go "I could probably take them" and then test that theory unless you have a drat good reason to.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

So um, great episode. Was Agent Gaad demoted (well, threatened by one) because of an investigation over the death of the sniper last week or Vladimir from last season?

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

hey history people, what would Anton the scientists' life be like back in the Soviet Union?

Are we talking torture, house arrest, or just a "go work in the goddamn fields"? Or would they coerce him into building the same technology for them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Where were Elizabeth and "Clark" sleeping together in that horrific scene? A random safehouse? Did Phillip put on the wig specifically for her, or was he heading over to Martha's and Elizabeth grabbed him?

Jesus, that was brutal. Somehow even more twisted than when Breaking Bad went for a similar (though more damning) moment.

• Locked thread