Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Dr_Strangelove posted:

This Oleg is a player

I love his character, he's so cocky in ignoring Arkady's anger and simply doing whatever the gently caress he wants. And he's actually smart and competent, unlike the normal useless twat put into a cushy job with family connections. He probably underestimates Nina quite badly and he may end up in Siberia or with a bullet in the head by the end of the season if he thinks he's got her under control.

His Citroen DS is also a great character touch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Fetus Tree posted:

About half way through the episode in the FBI office stan over hears two of his coworkers talking about some dude that was in MI5 and was a soviet spy or something. Who were they talking about? At first I thought it was kim philby but that poo poo broke way earlier than the 80s

It sounded like Peter 'Spycatcher' Wright but that book came out in 1987. Maybe it was already known he was going to write his memoirs 5 years earlier.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
Nina and Oleg did not properly understand how you play Paratrooper, you shoot the parachutes off the men they drop so they fall and crush the ones who already landed.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

The Americans: I'm not a bad person, you know that!

Breaking and entering, beating up kidnappers, turning an interrogation around, Henry will be a superspy by the time he's 18.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Junkenstein posted:

Good point.

I never would have thought during his first three or four episodes that Oleg would be the character I'd be most rooting for getting out of the season alive. Hopefully he can turn the tables and him and Nina can live happily as the new heads of the Embassy.

As much as I want Nina and Oleg to succeed I'd hate to lose Arkady. In a show where everyone is in disguises, using fake identities and having fake relations he's so refreshingly and bluntly himself. He needs no bad wig to get poo poo done.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
I think the exact reason for the submarine sinking are a little unclear. It was claimed the design was not suitable for Russian production quality and S Directorate was the scapegoat for falling for an American trick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Lugaloco posted:

Basically this. According to Oleg, the sinking of the sub could have been prevented if the propellers had went through proper testing (three weeks instead of six months I think he puts it?) AND fitted onto the right class of sub AND if the sub captain didn't push them past their allowed limits. If proper procedure was followed then no one would have lost their lives, instead things got rushed and people died. Directorate S get the blame since they're an easy scapegoat.

It's incredibly hosed up.

And still, because Oleg is such a smooth and crafty operator you're never quite sure it really happened like that.

Basically Oleg is the best and he (and Nina) had better come back this season.

• Locked thread