Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
What was that fakewife doing with the recorder and all that? I'm a bit confused by that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I don't. But neither do her agents

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

DivisionPost posted:

What's funny is that now they absolutely need a new car.

hahaha nice

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Mu Zeta posted:

I've always wanted to see Baal take a poo poo.

lol was that really him

also, that meeting at the docks was amazing

hahaha.

"Clark has some explaining to do"
"*sighs* I'll let him know"

that made me laugh pretty hard

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
lol i thought that word was hilarious too dont worry.

i love this show btw.

last night I was thinking how its pretty cool how half the time I forget that the embassy guys are even on the same side as Elizabeth and Philip (btw, are they named after british monarchs intentionally?)

really liked the scene at the docks a lot, that was just so awesome and so well done.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
they were considered a large thread so that the people in the US would get behind the governments imperial agenda

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Ive long suspected she had a nice butt

E: :stare: welp

E2: Man what a harsh murder scene

E3: this is irrelevant but nina's hair looked different to me and i didn't like it :colbert:

Fetus Tree fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Apr 3, 2014

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Propaganda Machine posted:

Didn't need Paige asking questions about Daddy's wig and Mommy's crying.

what a sentence :stare:

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
What was the scene in breaking bad you guys were talking about btw?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Love this show a lot but this episode didn't do it for me. Found the internet explanation to be boring tbh.

I really liked the part where he goes "I'll have what he's having" in the bar though.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Earwicker posted:

Finally saw the episode and it was really weird. Why the needlessly long, tortuous and generally bad explanation of the early internet? And lots of other weird things like the conversation about paint, Henry's rear window subplot and videogames obsession, Philipp singing some dadrock song to him, the "squeeze your anus" moment, the new handler dressed up like a spy in an old movie and Philip pointing it out.. it all just made the show way sillier, a very different tone from the usual

Pretty much agree with this post 100%

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
a lil cold war romeo an juliet for ya

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
About half way through the episode in the FBI office stan over hears two of his coworkers talking about some dude that was in MI5 and was a soviet spy or something. Who were they talking about? At first I thought it was kim philby but that poo poo broke way earlier than the 80s

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

CeeJee posted:

It sounded like Peter 'Spycatcher' Wright but that book came out in 1987. Maybe it was already known he was going to write his memoirs 5 years earlier.

Yeah, thats exactly what I thought it was all about. I read that book when I was a kid, and admittedly its pretty much the only exposure I have to the subject

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Party Plane Jones posted:

The number of deaths was 160, which is the exact size of the Typhoon complement. The first Typhoons were just being deployed/starting sea trials at around that time.

A good post

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Oh yeah, I meant to share that thought too. Oleg loving owns and is probably my favorite character right now

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
The girl that plays Nina is legit as hell. Shes from afganistan and speaks like 4-5 languages or something

I have kind of a crush on her since one of my fetish is multi-lingual girls

Also really hot ones :shrug:

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Criminal to whom?

Putting things in perspective, Stan just asked his boss if he could assassinate a foreign national living legally on the embassy lmao

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I hope this series ends with Philip defecting to the US but not Elizabeth and the final season is them dealing with that and her suspecting him and then it culminates in a battle

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
BTW, what year is it in this show? 82?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Cool. I wonder how they're going to handle Return of the Jedi being released in 1983 next season. I assume it will play a fairly prominent role

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Is this a subtle joke because I missed it

...its the third Star Wars movie. It came out in 1983.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Well, it would be pretty stupid on their part to exclude what is arguably the most important cultural development that happened that year. But this show is pretty savvy so I'm not too worried. I'd hate to see them muck up something so obvious though.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I also find it a bit far-fetched but not out of the realm of possibility that Beecher-the-SEAL could rewire that fried junction box so quickly, but also figure out a way to bypass or break the high likelihood of encryption just as fast.

yeah i kinda rolled my eyes at that tbh

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
i thought that was kinda silly but he's a neat character so i didn't really care i guess

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
yeah i don't really dig elizabeth right now either, mainly because she terrifies me

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
its scary to think about what theyre going to be forced to do as the ussr gets more desperate

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
and you all laughed @ me wrt Return of the Jedi, and yet here we are, discussing wrath of khan :colbert:

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

zVxTeflon posted:

Why not just humor Martha to keep her happy. "yeah sure kids in a couple years" then deal with it later if shes even still needed by that time.

i was wondering that too, and all i can think of is that even sometimes when i'm in character, i respond the way i actually would as myself even though its irrelevant and i can much more easily just agree.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
This show is so much sexier because they don't show boobs and whatnot

Martha was lookin' fine with dem thighs exposed tonight

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Hand of the King posted:

Martha is f'ing gross.

o how wrong you are

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
oleg traded his life for a really dope piece of rear end

it was so nice of him to help nina escape though :ohdear:

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Uhh, I figured he gave her the money to GTFO and make a new life for herself

i've been having a hard time focusing on this tv show the last couple of episodes so its possible i didnt catch something but unless i missed a ton of context it seemed like he broke from his lil scheme and basically gave nina enough money to gtfo. he said she was smart and able and strong and would survive basically

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Mu Zeta posted:

Why are people posting like Oleg died? Did I miss a scene?

he is dead in the future tense

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
maybe you get cool points for outing traitors and thus proving your own moral superiority

its like tattling on your little sister for eating the last 4 cookies in the jar

gently caress you jess

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Brennan posted:

They spelled it out for you guys towards the end: the center thinks Nina may still be playing them with Stan. In order for her to prove she is loyal she must use the relationship she's built with him to get information Stan to get information he wouldn't give up for any other reason. If she can do this, she's loyal, if she doesn't they can't trust her and she goes back for trial (and probable execution) for treason.

what was the bit with the money thing

i thought they were telling me that oleg likes her and wanted her to fly away like a lil birdy

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

ally_1986 posted:

lol I always forget his name. Army dude. Was he not in a scene when he was walking past fighter jets saying it was good to be back and he had stuff to take care of?

he was

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

ShakeZula posted:

Only awkward for a moment, because Philip would immediately kill her.

i love the parts with martha because im always afraid its her time to die

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I wonder if her theft of the files might have saved (prolonged) her life

if philip/clark kills her he's a super big jerk though even more than he already is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Baloogan posted:

Another hint he is navy is the homosexuality.

mods???

• Locked thread