Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brennan
Jan 18, 2005

DivisionPost posted:

But lately even network's been beating the drum for DVR; they know the future's coming and the live audiences are just going to shrink as new ways to catch up on TV become more prevalent. Now, whether they've found a way to monetize those numbers, or they've convinced advertisers that it's worth paying attention to them, that's for a smarter man than me to answer.

If you use Comcast's OnDemand feature to watch shows you've missed they've got it so that you can't fast forward through commercials. They could probably do the same thing wit the DVR software, except then people would probably start buying Tivos again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brennan
Jan 18, 2005

hahahaha he's dressed up as Clark

Brennan
Jan 18, 2005

I'm geeking out so hard right now about ARPAnet and this guy trying to explain networking/ packet switching in 1980s terminology, and are they in 1981 or 1982? TCP/IP became the standard in 1982

Brennan
Jan 18, 2005

to defeat a lie detector just pucker up that butthole

Brennan
Jan 18, 2005

Shouldn't have come back for his wallet

Brennan
Jan 18, 2005

if he can't manipulate her into informing again anyone else think Clark is going to be found "dead"

Brennan
Jan 18, 2005

Party Plane Jones posted:

Off the top of my head in the past 6/7 years he's been in: The Event, Heroes, The Americans, True Blood, and Damages. He's usually the one of the best actors in each series too.

He was in Revolution as well

Brennan
Jan 18, 2005

They spelled it out for you guys towards the end: the center thinks Nina may still be playing them with Stan. In order for her to prove she is loyal she must use the relationship she's built with him to get information Stan to get information he wouldn't give up for any other reason. If she can do this, she's loyal, if she doesn't they can't trust her and she goes back for trial (and probable execution) for treason.

Brennan
Jan 18, 2005

precision posted:

"Go to college, be with normal people."

Oh Paige, you are the naivest.

so that rules out University of Texas in Austin

Brennan
Jan 18, 2005

O_O

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brennan
Jan 18, 2005

precision posted:

Well poo poo that was a bleak finale. I have no idea where they're going next year, especially with Stan and Nina. Man.

I'm pretty sure Nina is dead. That storyline is over.

• Locked thread