Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

raditts posted:

We need a moment of silence for Gregory.
RIP Gregory, you died doing what you loved... killin' cracka rear end cops.

I would've watched the spinoff where he tried to live in Russia as the only black guy for thousands of miles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mo0 posted:

They're both believable for their ages. Paige isn't *quite* Dana Brody yet, but hopefully her parents figuring out she checks up on them means that plot veers away from that level of silliness before it even gets there.

As long as her plotline doesn't turn into Dana Brody levels of bad and time given it'll be ok.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I thought that episode was lame. I don't give a gently caress about Paige or her uncovering stuff at all. Same with them dealing with "what if we die who will look after our kids" stuff. And Felicity intimidating that guy with the crowbar was loving laughable and bad. She should've had a gun. I mean there was nothing stopping that guy from just walking out of the room when she just first picked it up and he was asking her questions.

The best part of the episode was that guy yelling Ronald Reagan doesn't care.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

precision posted:

I read the scene as that guy was a barely-paid milquetoast who knew she was, if not a literal Russian spy, SOME kind of bad news, and he just didn't want to be any part of it. It's not even the physical menacing that she did, it was just the possibility of getting involved in poo poo that's far above his pay grade.

Or is this another goon thing like "heh, if it were me I would have totally kicked her rear end :clint: "? In the early 80s atmosphere, it's pretty drat believable that some schmuck in a warehouse just wanted it to be over with. You have to keep in mind how paranoid everyone was at the time, due to all the propaganda about the Cold War.

No it was just a dumb scene. I mean they are supposed to be in secure facility. You're telling me he couldn't have yelled for help or at least run when she slowly went for the crowbar. He obviously knew something was up. Basically I would have believed it more if she had a gun because he could be dead in a flash rather than have some outs.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

For me, it still would've been a dumb scene even if it was Phillip with the crowbar. I mean they are in a secure warehouse / facility. You get the impression that one wrong move or mistake and they would be locked up for the rest of their lives. But I guess the guy was terrified for his family. Still a bad scene.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

comes along bort posted:

Oh no Paige found the one group of people worse than rapey kidnappers- suburban evangelicals.:ohdear:

Just when I thought the Paige storyline couldn't get any worse. I take it back FX, make her snoop around and be nosy again.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The Americans: I'm not a bad person, you know that!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Hand of the King posted:

Phil's line, "You respect Jesus, but not us!?" was so great.

Jesus is destroying Phillip and Elizabeth more than US counterintelligence.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

CBJSprague24 posted:

She's a live-action version of Robot Stalin busting out of the glass coffin in that old Simpsons episode, saying "CRUSH CAPITALISM" as he marches away.

That's robot Lenin :ussr:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

LostRook posted:

Some people also have the theorized that one of the dead was his lover. Though nothing really supports it.

Yea what a dumb theory. None of them even looked like Keller. :colbert:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

precision posted:

Liz's dedication to brainwashing Paige is kind of putting me off her character to be honest.

I thought her making that friend on the bus was actually gonna be a plot point of some kind, weird how it hasn't come up again at all.

Yea I thought the friend on the bus would turn out to be another soviet spy, specifically one of the ones Moscow said they had watching the kids. But I guess not.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The one sad thing is that Drew Carey's brother (I don't know his name) had better 'secret compartment' security than Kate.

That was the best set up.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

solovyov posted:

Played by Danny Trejo.

Only if he is an undercover CIA agent.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

jscolon2.0 posted:

Nope.

Yay, Paige-spy!

Maybe making her a KGB spy will make her less annoying. Or she will kill Phillip and Elizabeth :shrug:

Also what was the point of showing that Martha got a gun? That she is finally starting to get a backbone?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

beanieson posted:

Seriously, Nina was a great character who played everybody so drat well.

Not well enough :v:

Fetus Tree posted:

Paige is roll-eyeingly boring imo. The only good she has served this season has been making me laugh at phil/liz's disgust for religion

I laughed so loving hard when Phil said he would punch her in the face if she said one more thing about civil disobedience and non violent protest. He is just that disgusted with her ideals.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

mobby_6kl posted:

Jared's monologue felt waaay over the top in general, but especially for someone with a hole in their neck. Of course Liz watches this, comes home and thinks that this is a great gig an Paige totally shot do this. I know she's a crazy commie, but c'mon! I thought Phil would punch her in the face then and there.

Yea that whole death scene was hilarious. Hey let me dump all this plot info for you while I bleed out of my neck for like 5 minutes. It's like the writers didn't know who killed his parents until the finale and just shoved it in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Naylenas posted:

Americans:Homeland::T-bone Steak:baconator

So don't worry about it.

Nah, Homeland season 1 was great. Shame they didn't make any more seasons so it never became a huge mess and a terrible show.

• Locked thread