Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Zombies in children's cartoons scared the poo poo out of me and I would refuse to watch them in reruns (and man, did I watch a lot of reruns of stuff).

Courage the Cowardly Dog is notorious for scar(r)ing its target audience, but the only villain that truly shook me was this motherfucker right here:

I don't think I even made it through the first Benton Tarantella episode when it came on. It was the second short in a 22-minute block and I always turned the TV off if I saw the opening credits for it in reruns. I think I finally watched it a year or two ago and it was pretty amusing.

Then Powerpuff Girls had their Halloween episode with this creepy bastard:

I was able to watch that one but I took a while to come around to it. Dude gave me goosebumps.

There was also an episode of Hey Arnold! where Arnold had a dream sequence in which he and Gerald are still refusing to speak to each other as elderly men. His Grandpa is still alive, but clearly like 180 years old and a walking corpse with creepy eyes. He says something and his jaw falls off, and it still freaks me the gently caress out. I will not watch the video but here it is for anyone curious:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRGogGbYaLU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I remember the end credits of the Ghostbusters cartoon being creepy as hell.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

kinmik posted:

This guy. I was really into Ghost Writers and then Gooey Gus was introduced. He was the reason I couldn't enjoy the Power Rangers movie with Ivan Ooze.

Oh my god Ghostwriter. I completely forgot that was a show and I totally agree. Gooey Gus scared the bejeezus out of me. I had already seen the Power Rangers movie a hundred times by the time I saw that episode, though.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Forklifts are actually really loving dangerous so it was probably good of you to be scared of them when you were too young to think about proper safety around them.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
When I was 12 I heard a scary story that involved a man who was haunted by an old hag. At one point he turns around in bed to find her sleeping next to him, and she hisses at him. I sleep on my side, so I spent the next few years with one of my legs bent to feel if anything was next to me.

After reading the Shining, specifically the scene with the zombified old woman in the bathtub, I felt uncomfortable any time the shower door was closed in my bathroom when I walked in. I was 14. I've seen the movie three times and never had my eyes open for that scene, and I'm now 21.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Laocius posted:

Brak, for some reason.

Brak creeped me out a bit too. Something about his lack of lips I think. Space Ghost Coast to Coast was a bizarre thing for a child to watch anyway, but it was always on and the concept of cartoons not intended for children was foreign to me at the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Kurtofan posted:

Is it unreasonable to be afraid of the X-Files opening sequence as a kid? Because it was scary as gently caress.

No, that theme is still creepy.

• Locked thread