Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

The Grim Reaper. Something about the black void in lieu of a face and the big black cloak did it for me. I blame seeing Scrooged as a kid for that one.

The "Return the slaaaaaab" episode of Courage. :stonk:

The cover to Super Castlevania IV, especially the medusa head.

Ladders. I can't even begin to explain this one, I just hated (and still kinda do) going up ladders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

This talk about whales reminds me of a display in the Milwaukee Public Museum, a giant whale skeleton that was the bane of my early years.

I remember the first time I saw it, I was watching the stairs to see where I was stepping, and when we hit a flat area, I looked up to see where we were heading just to see that big rear end thing floating right above me. Holy poo poo was I terrified, and for years I didn't want to go back.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

cuntvalet posted:

scary tree story

This reminds me of when I was a kid, and a friend and I used to watch kung-fu movies and then take broomsticks and 'train' on trees in his back lot. One day we went out to the back forty and found this really old, decrepit tree and he challenged me to whack it as hard as I could, which I did. Nothing happened, so I gave it another shot and the thing split in half, showing that it was pretty much entirely hollowed out and contained a gigantic wasp nest.

I've never had a terror run like that ever again, and by the time we got back you could still see the giant swarm of wasps from the other end of the lot. Cue an unreasonable terror of dead trees for the next ten years.

• Locked thread