Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

This show completely flew under my radar until a friend sat me down and forced me to marathon Season 4 and now I'm clawing at myself waiting for the full episode to air.

I hope Milk is bananas crazy in a Tammie Brown way and she's got the Ivy Winters even-prettier-out-of-drag vibe goin' on.

And I do hope Vivacious wins the Lipsync. She's dead serious about her work and I want to see more of that attitude. And that walk. More of that walk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I would take 100 Jeffrey Morans over that Will and Grace dude.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Fresh Like Zafo posted:

Seconded on the "Milk is handsome as hell out of drag" bandwagon.
I worry she's not sticking around since she doesn't really show up in the Untucked intro.

But goddamn, when she did, it loving killed me.

It might be a Tammie Brown Eh-gently caress-It situation, or a Human-Wallpaper Ivy Winters situation.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

PostsYouCanDanceTo posted:

This video is spoilerific (I'm assuming it comes from a challenge) but it does contain clips of Milk's audition tape and a bunch of her looks, including the outfit that goes with that hair and makeup. And it is fabulous! All of her looks are great, really.
Dear God, this Pimply Teen makeup is vile/hysterical.

Fingers crossed: Milk pulls out a truly insane Jerri Blank from Strangers with Candy for Snatch Game.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I won't be able to jump into the full episode until tomorrow, but I have watched the 10 minute preview and must say: the IHOP joke was unjustly shat upon.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

QuickbreathFinisher posted:

What was the setup? I missed the intro to it and just kept catching the punchline and the awkward laughs.
Something along the lines of:

"You have nice legs."
"She's a pirate, one of those is wooden."
"Well, I do like to eat at IHOP."

Sure, it takes a solid 20 seconds to get from point A to point B on that one, but it's a nice slip-under-the-radar pun.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Milk, I love you and I'm gonna leer at you out of drag the entire time like a total creep while you're on the show but you will have. To. Bend. Play the game because I want you to stay on because you're totally rad, beard and all.

Me defending Josyln Fox's pun a page back: rescinded. That girl is a total dumdum, which will hopefully be fun to watch.

I liked Magnolia's little Not Pretty/Not Funny bit right at the top of the show, but goddamn, it went downhill fast. Holy loving poo poo, what did she say? Cow print wasn't a "basic pattern?" Also: Gingham. Giiinnghaammmm.

Trinity pulling out that runway look: 100% unexpected. Wasn't expecting anything but bland pleasantness and came away delighted.

EDIT: Holy poo poo, Milk walks into the episode with toilet paper stuck to her shoe. A loving PLUS.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Mar 5, 2014

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Nothing could make me turn on Raja/Manilla harder than the whole Heathers thing. If I rewatch season 3, I usually cut out when that starts happening, because it's such a nasty, gross bummer.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

And yeah, the Heathers thing was stupid. Yo, you just want a cool name for all your friends so you can ostracize the other queens. Don't try to make it something else. :colbert:
It was pure highschool fuckery, but I have to admit cutting back to Stacey going "AND WHO THE HELL IS HEATHER ANYWAY?" was editing gold.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

She looked like if Nicolas Winding Refn directed a Willy Wonka remake.
It makes me absolutely furious I'm here at work for another 4 hours before I can see this.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Okay, now I take back taking back (not) making fun of Josyln Fox, she clearly knew what she was doing during that challenge and was awesome. I think. I now have absolutely no idea what her mental state is. Gia Gunn's "WHY'S IT IN BLACK AND WHITE" moment might top Joslyn's Black Horse comment.

I love that they managed to throw in a quick Evil Dead 2 zoom-into-a-deerhead shot.

BenDeLaCreme went into full Tammie Brown mode, and stayed in character the entire time. Love it. Love everything about it.

Milk: distinct style, seems to work great with others, giant crank in the minichallenge, then kills me with the nose deep throat gag in the end credits. It's now gone from fascination to obsession.

Like everyone else says: Adore not being bottom 2 is a CRIME. Vivacious definitely blew the competition, but man, she entertains me. Also: the misquotings were amazing (they threw me on to the bus/bring the Kraken) and I'm sad I won't hear more of those. While I think April was great at the Lip Sync, somewhere in the back of my mind I was thinking "Clearly somebody read that insanely detailed lip sync breakdown and decided to send Vivacious packing."

Gonna miss her.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I seriously just found out, like, five seconds ago that Milk's doing a show in Portland not five miles from my house, and tickets are sold out. :cripes:

However, I did meet Lloyd Kaufman tonight at a screening of Return to Nuke 'Em High so this week hasn't been a complete failure.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

If you have to go Devo, go underrated Devo.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Man, I would pay cash to just sucker punch Gia Gunn in that wonky eye, but she's not necessarily wrong to call out Milk. However the lovely red ribbon Aids pendant was just such a perfect loving Awards Show touch that was lost in the shuffle. It's like she wore that pregnancy belly just hoping there'd be a shot of her in Untucked chugging down her drink with it on.

I love Bianca, but for fuckssakes, stop finishing every joke with "It's a joke." That's just a lack of confidence (the Whitesnake video pull was exquisite, though).

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I'm not off the Milk train just yet, but I will lose my mind if Ru doesn't issue an ultimatum next week.

Joslyn Fox out of drag is one step away from a Nick Kroll character. Slap on fake facial hair and that's Fabrice Fabrice.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4l5JDICmcI

Rupaul drives around with John Waters. :allears:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Super loving kudos to the genuis who made sure the drinks in Untucked were (I'm assuming) Vodka and Citrus.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4pIBCH-hEE

And who said Milk can't do glam?

(I missed this show. I'm so furious)

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Stroop There It Is posted:

Goddammit. I'm actually starting to like Adore.
Just letting those extra seconds squeak through in the talking heads segments where she breaks into giggles was such a good decision.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Joslyn's said in interviews she's playing rock-stupid for the camera (to what degree, who knows), so when moments like that pop up, it's a definite surprise.

She delights me more and more with each episode.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

RICKON WALNUTSBANE posted:

Ben is coming off too good in the Ben vs. Darienne "feud"
I don't even think Ben's aware that he's in a feud, which is the best part of watching Darienne fume.

EDIT: Male-pronouns this time around specifically because the feud seems to be built around Darienne's out-of-drag talking head moments.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Apr 10, 2014

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Joslyn needs to go. But I really don't want Joslyn to go because she makes me laugh just as hard as when I'm laughing at Bianca Del Rio's jokes, only Joslyn is saying "bobby pin" and it loving kills me.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I love that Magnolia Crawford continues to be a punchline on the show and how Adore, who never got to meet her, is absolutely loving baffled every time she shows up.

I don't understand eliminating Dela unless it's just Ru locking a story arc down where they bring Dela back to eliminate Darrienne two or three episodes from now, that's the only way I can make sense of the choice. I was hoping for April or even Trinity to show up again, but now I've got my fingers crossed for Ben.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Bianca Del Rio is in Portland for Pride and doing a an evening cruise show.

It might be worth the $35 ticket based on the concept alone.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Bewildrbeast posted:

adore is also in PDX for pride
Oh man, 9:30 on a Sunday and I'm up for work at 4:30 in the morning on weekdays. :argh:

I've never actually attended anything PDX Pride in the seven years of living here, but I can't miss Bianca Del Boatshow.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

When Alaska described Statler and Waldorf from The Muppet Show as "the two muppets that sit there and read the show for filth," I fell out of my chair.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I want to watch the Soul Train guy forever.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I wasn't sold on Trixie Mattel until she pulled out the Earth Girls are Easy Lip Sync for your Life choice.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Wikipedia says Jan 26th
Gonna have the best birthday.

the escape goat posted:

anyone else going to this in Portland? RuPaul's Battle of the Seasons!
bummed we won't get Adore or Pandora tho :(
I was thinking about going, but I'm rather poor. Even without Adore or Pandora, the line-up is super solid. I just wanna give Alaska all the hugs.

Are they planning to sub anyone for Adore and Pandora like they did last year? I missed out on that one, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I wasn't feeling the cast on the Meet the Queens videos (except Katya, who is a legit maniac on Twitter), but the preview was even more insane than I was hoping it would be. I'm punching my calendar trying to time travel and it's not working.

Also

angerbeet posted:

Lol they fired Santino

• Locked thread