Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007
Raja and Raven critique the runway looks of episode 4 and I have to agree with them on Milk and Adore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1KCYL6xz5A

Courtney also needs to start padding her hips or something because if she's trying to pull off the body card it's not exactly working with her boyish figure.

do u believe in marigolds fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Mar 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sep 13, 2007
I'm so glad Gia went home, her ideas of drag was one note and the only redeeming thing I ever saw in her was the small history of her doing kabuki. Laganja needs to go home next for her selfish attention-whoring attitude and annoying personality. I'm in love with Ben and Bianca and I used to like Milk but I'm not sure who my favorite third is.

Sep 13, 2007
It's not that I'm unimpressed with Milk's style of drag, I much prefer it over Gia's, it's that I don't like her quality. I like the kookie, unusual stuff but she just didn't put a polish to it. It annoyed me that Gia kept clocking everyone for not being feminine enough, as though that's the end all to drag. It makes me think that her stupidity wasn't an act if she couldn't wrap her head around the idea that drag can be about gender bending and unconventional entertainment. It also didn't help that she got after everyone for being a dude but couldn't keep her eyelashes in check.

My top 3 would be Bianca, because I love her attitude and wit, Ben (although I think he's becoming kinda braggy), and Courtney. Last episode someone mentioned that they loved Adore's take on Anna Nicole Smith but seeing her as herself she didn't make such a big impact because of the similarity and I kind of get that vibe from her. There's something about every queen that I dislike except Bianca, I'm living for her.

Sep 13, 2007

CHiRAL posted:

There is already an extended clip for the comedy challenge on LogoTV's website.

Ben was actually very funny in a clever toned down sort of way but it just doesn't work for stand up. It's a real shame because I love that kind of humor a lot more.

Also there is a new Billam's Wheatdown about popping zits which I can't bring myself to watch (I just ate :().
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSCSUw3qBS0
Let me know if there are actual zits being popped. I am so torn between my rabid obsession and aversion to certain bodily functions :( :( :(

There is definitely a zit being popped.

Sep 13, 2007
Milk on Tranformations and, man, is he charming and adorable out of drag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNpD2xG23Eg

Sep 13, 2007
Bianca just looks so amazing to me. She's unflappable, always gracious to the judges and any guests, witty and funny, and doesn't hide or pretend she isn't above throwing shade. My only minor complaint is that her look, while flawless, is obvious: the cut of her dress (I think I heard Courtney call it a boat cut?), the way she styles her wigs, and her (unique) eye make up. Regardless, I want her to win. Ben is adorable but there's something so wonderfully professional about Bianca.

Sep 13, 2007

Tomato Soup posted:

Speaking of Shangela, she's going to be on Bones next week. I'm excited because I always watch the new Bones as part of my RPDR ritual (which doesn't work out as well now that it starts at 10 instead of 9 but still).

She was on an episode of The Mentalist. She might give Willam competition for screen time (I have no clue of this is true).

Sep 13, 2007

the truth posted:

Kind of lazy from a drag standpoint - he looks like a guy in a dress - and his high note was always the same. He didn't even change it for the last note. It's definitely cool from a culture and acceptance standpoint that he won the popular vote in so many countries, though.

I think going a fishy route with a beard is not a common thing but my experience of drag is very shallow so it might be more popular than I know. I don't have an opinion on the singing but don't you think dressing up as a bearded lady is pretty bold, conceptually?

Sep 13, 2007

CHiRAL posted:

The beard looks gimmicky and glued on, honestly this would have been just as glorious without it (and you know I love my bearded ladies).

It's worth noting that a transexual has already won it way back in 1998.

Getting an error here...

Here's her 2007 performance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfjHJneVonE

Sep 13, 2007

Dr.Cthulhu posted:

Sharon was so awful on this recap episode. Her jokes weren't funny, rarely made sense and she just looked plain bad.

Jinkx looked different, was she doing her make up differently? And Alaska was a lot more funnier than Sharon even if she was laying that lazy drawl on thick.

Sep 13, 2007

Tomato Soup posted:

Just gave $100 to Hurricane Bianca fundraiser to get Bianca to do my voicemail greeting. I'm deaf but people keep calling me even when I tell them to email or text me so having Bianca chew them out for it would be glorious. I'm so excited! :neckbeard:

I think this is amazing and you should let us know what she says in the greeting.

Sep 13, 2007
Willam's Beatdown episode 07: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC0OJtREdaA

It gets gross, y'all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sep 13, 2007
Tangentially related, Willam redid Boy is a Bottom in spanish with a completely new music video. Unfortunately I don't know Spanish at all but the visuals were great. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HAGYeWgkZc

• Locked thread