Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
legsarerequired
Dec 31, 2007
College Slice

the escape goat posted:

whoever does advertising and promotion for the queens is awful, half the time I don't know they're in town til the day of.

I don't know what it is, but I think these queens hire lovely publicity agencies. I try to catch them by:

- having other friends in my city who follow that queen
- following local promoters for gay clubs on twitter and facebook/gay clubs' twitter and facebook pages
- leafing through magazines for the gay scene in my city (which was how I found out that I missed Ongina for the *second* time)
- checking their twitter feeds every now and then to see if they're in my state, since not all of them even update their website calendars.

It's still frustrating. I feel like it shouldn't be that hard to make an app and check a box that to give permission send out an alert when a queen is in your state/city/etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread