Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

all the queens left over are pretty interesting so it'll be a small mourning period for me with each elimination :(

anyone else noticing how Ru is already pushing for queens to apply for S7?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Bianca better win, dammit. I like Adore but CINCH IT and Courtney is cool when she isn't trying to serve body-ody-ody, ya know?
Darienne may or may not be the black horse in this competition. I hope she quits with the sparkly garbage bags; she's reminding me of that Honey person with all the caftans

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

cell phones are a pain to post on

LaGanga can go the eff hooooome

the escape goat fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Mar 20, 2014

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

however, Milk is a rather cute boy so my feelings are torn about how far I want them to go :(

LaGanga needs to get the gently caress off this train tonight

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

it seems like Latrice is the only Size(able) Queen who didn't melt into self-doubt and loss of ego.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Xibanya posted:

I noticed too that Trinity is an ace at the lip sync and not great at anything else. But given that the elimination comes down to lip sync, if you're gonna be a one-trick pony on this show it's a great trick to have!

I'm also rooting for Bianca.

she's gonna be this season's Coco :aaa:

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

can we get Phi Phi and Gia together and laugh at their awful makeup skills?
I swear Gia had decent eyelashes the first ep but then it's like she ran out of glue and tried to keep 'em on with like... hope or tenacity or something.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

edited to say aaaaaa I love Alaska's YouTube channel

the escape goat fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Apr 7, 2014

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

you can tell from the get-go who was hosed and going home with ep. 8 so at least there's that?

what would happen if Bianca and Willam teamed up? has that happened? would an ep of Bianca's Wheatdown come of it?!

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

vonnegutt posted:

The "make over a straight man" is a challenge in a different sort of way. Without being too spoiler-y, I think it's sometimes difficult for a queen to adjust her personal style in the way that's needed.

I get the feeling that a lot of the fishier queens don't have a lot of experience in the 'female impersonation' aspect and can rest on their natural face/body with a much more subdued makeup style. This doesn't translate well on the straight men, who are/are chosen for their more masculine appearance.

Hopefully we won't get another Carmen moment where she tries to give body with a bulky bro :(
Isn't this usually the ep where they bring someone back to add drama?

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

caligulamprey posted:

Joslyn needs to go. But I really don't want Joslyn to go because she makes me laugh just as hard as when I'm laughing at Bianca Del Rio's jokes, only Joslyn is saying "bobby pin" and it loving kills me.

such a small, incredible moment.
this season has been excellent for those tiny moments.
"Is that how Rachel Zoe sounds...? No? That's... Unfortunate"

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Grape Juice Vampire posted:

Found this on Tumblr:

:allears:

so excellent with makeup, so awful at dressing herself (though the elephant thing was wicked clever)

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Willam was kind of invisible on the show but after the elimination blew. up.

It's rad that we're getting to see Willam do Willam because she's stunning and hilarious and I've never seen anyone else be fishy with a 5 o' clock shadow :allears:

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Adore Delano and Courtney Act have a heart-to-to heart

Alaska :allears:

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

oh my god
Milk is doing exceptional Madonna drag
that tooth gap is perfection

adore is also in PDX for pride; so gonna go! and now that I know about Bianca's show, :allears:

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Adore and Bianca are really creative, Courtney is beautiful and wears clothes well but that's all I get out of her :(

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Hey Girl posted:

Venus D-Lite

Detox Icunt

excellent post! these two are strangely hypnotic :aaa:

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

a few years ago I was discussing fixing up my car with a friend at a cafe. upon stating that "the tranny is so fuckin' busted", a random person in the cafe who overheard my statement started freaking out at me for being an insensitive bigot. I had no clue what they were talking about til I googled "tranny" and dug around a bit. oh, country living and inadvertent ignorance :allears:

I agree with Ru's take on the use of that particular word, but can also see how it bums people out. kind of a can of worms, and I'm not sure how much good this discussion (in general in the world and not just on SA) will do in the end

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

what happened to Sharon?

Alaska did :allears:

Alaska stole hearts with her consistency and talent and humor and Sharon just keeps weirdly losing it over time while becoming more mean-spirited :(

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Grape Juice Vampire posted:

I just rewatched Season 5 for the first time since it aired. I've gotta say it's been my favorite season to date. Roxxxy is still a whiny baby, though. Next up, Season 4!

Rolaskatoxx was so goddamn annoying, but if they didn't exist we wouldn't have had that wonderful moment from Alaska coming into the workroom and announcing "ALASKAAAA!" and seeing her come into her own was so :3:

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

saw Alaska the other night and she was incredible.

also incredible- her video for Your Makeup Is Terrible

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

"So, I'm thinking um, some type of collar, and maybe something, you know, like, coming up *here*, maybe something flowy but I'm thinking I'm maybe gonna go maybe like, very gown-ish, like maybe a... dress?" oh, Gia.

re-watching S6 is delightful, especially knowing what'll happen with all of these queens.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

QuickbreathFinisher posted:

I recognized the background instantly and assumed they were just being cheap and reusing the same set. But gently caress I hope this is true. Double points if it's like a Divine inspired trash drag challenge.

that challenge would be exceptional but with no Alaska or Sharon turning trash into treasure... :(

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

I'm watching through this from the beginning with a friend and her immediate reaction to seeing Santino in S1 was "...he looks like Gay Wario" and now I'm dead. so spot-on!

and maaaan all the vaseline on the lens in S1! the tiny cast! Rebecca Glasscock's nose!
Season 7 needs to get here already.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Lineysha Sparks was so stunning that it was a bitter disappointment that there was nothing else to her.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Ginger Minj is the best name this show has seen yet.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

whoever does advertising and promotion for the queens is awful, half the time I don't know they're in town til the day of.

anyone else going to this in Portland? RuPaul's Battle of the Seasons!
bummed we won't get Adore or Pandora tho :(

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

the RPDR Twitter account keeps teasing that there will be a big premiere date announcement and it's just... weak. I dunno. I want to watch this already!

are people still watching Big Brother? how is Michelle faring?

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

hmm, maybe this is it?

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

it was bothersome to have Coco, of all people, burn him harder than anyone with her "he can't do a straight seam with his head always tilted" or whatever.
then again, Bianca roasting him on not winning sewing competitions...

Bianca :allears:

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

"I'm just here to like... Steal stuff."
immediately decided Katya was gonna be the queen I pull for.
obviously gonna have to watch and see, but she's so adorable :3:

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

any of you guys going to the Portland show tonight?

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Drei posted:

Phi-Phi ended up being one of my favorites of the night, from her Power Rangers Rita act to the mini-snatch game where she played Gia Gunn (complete with the hula hoop bag and an entire wig track glued to her eyelash).

Phi Phi is did better as Gia than she did as Phi Phi, in my opinion. did she perform Bang Bang in Seattle, too? kinda shot herself in the foot by having the lyrics pop up behind her on screen since she hosed so many of them up.

I got to meet Alaska before the show outside while a few of the girls were smoking and was way too psyched on it. at least I was the only person talking to her that didn't run up saying OMG HIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEE!!1!

I wonder if any of the queens get really sick of certain catchphrases and such or if they're totally living for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

8 minutes in and these bitches. are. shady. ~love it~

e: NOT loving the video hosting. wouldn't load after the first segment and goddamn you, logo!

the escape goat fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Feb 28, 2015

• Locked thread