Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Finally caught the new episode. I am all about Courtney, Milk, and Bianca. I thought Trinity's dress in this one was freakin' fabulous, though, even with the satellite dish. She initially put me off because she reminds me of :argh: Tyra :argh:, but it seems like there may be some real talent there and a not-horrible person too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Fresh Like Zafo posted:

I really believe that when queens use "this is my drag" as an explanation for their critiques, it comes across as an excuse to not push themselves out of their comfort zone. The whole point of being on the show is not only to show what your aesthetic is, but also be versatile with said aesthetic to fit into whatever runway challenge Ru and company throw at them. Sharon gave them some glam looks while still sticking to the spooky poo poo she does, and Jinkx gave some glam in the middle of the season while doing her 50's/60's drag. It's completely possible to be more sharp in your looks without giving up what your schtick is.

Yep, and by this point I want to shout at every queen who says that, "HAVE YOU NEVER WATCHED THIS SHOW?"

Queens who stay with their regular schtick, whatever that may be, almost never win. Ditto the super-fishy queens who still think that their look alone is enough to get a win on this show; looking good will get you to mid-season, but it will not get you the crown.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

sonatinas posted:

It's actually amazing that there doesn't seem to be a non-pixelated video on how to tuck online. Any reason?

You've found your calling. Go, the world needs you!

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Stroop There It Is posted:

I honestly could not see anything other than the Six Flags commercial guy in Milk's runway appearance.

Exactly what I said, and the other people watching went "HOLY poo poo YES!"

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

beepsandboops posted:

Whenever queens like Gia or Trinity complain about the show not being enough about glamour and beauty, I wonder if they've ever seen RuPaul's Drag Race before. The only winner I can really think of that managed to succeed mostly on that was maybe Tyra Sanchez. Jinkx and Sharon certainly weren't especially glamorous or high fashion or anything like that, and Raja was able to do a lot more than just look good.

Yeah, exactly. It's amazing that they still haven't gotten the message.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Stroop There It Is posted:

Goddammit. I'm actually starting to like Adore.

Yeah, I started out not liking her at all but she's really, really grown on me.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

CHiRAL posted:

Some fool tried to educate Bianca on one of her shows. It ended about as well as you would expect.

Well that is just magical.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

blizzardvizard posted:

I'm sad that Milk goes home but I've got to agree that she hasn't really brought it. I don't really think that she's unpolished, really, it's just that sometimes her visions are not obvious enough. Like avant-garde artists who spend too much time on concepts, and not enough on how to convey that concept to the audience.

Not buying this argument in the slightest. Yes, Milk is trying to do something unusual, and edgy, and new. It's just that she's terrible at it, and mainly uses it as gimmicks to distract from the fact that she's just not very good at it. Sharon Needles did the same sort of high-concept drag, but she did it well, and her skills served to elevate her concepts rather than her concepts being used to mask her skills. I was actually super-excited about Milk initially because she did seem very conceptual, but was completely turned off in the end by how badly she does it.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I've only seen the seventh episode and Untucked (watching 8 tomorrow), but as far as I'm concerned this is now the Bianca Del Rio show guest starring some other queens.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Carlton Banks Teller posted:

I agree with her main point that Joslyn's runways are/were unpolished but drat, there had to have been a more tactful way to say it.

Yeah, and I don't even feel like what she said was all that bad, but from Joslyn's point of view she is literally the worst possible person to be saying that. If somebody else had said it she could have taken it with a grain of salt, but to have one of your heroes basically imply that you don't deserve to be there is way more painful.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I am up for as much Latrice as the world sees fit to show me. True story: the other day I was feeling kind of cranky and stressed out from work. On the walk to my car I suddenly remembered the existence of Latrice for some random reason, and then I heard his laugh in my head and I just started smiling really big and immediately felt better. Latrice is like the Great Barrier Reef: even if you never see it in person, it makes the world feel like a better place just knowing it's there.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Yes, yes I did.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Grape Juice Vampire posted:

The double shontay was WASTED on Ben and Darienne. <:mad:> Even though I adore Joslyn, I think she should have been in the bottom more than Trinity.

Exactly my feelings. That is some weak poo poo. I don't think Trinity should win the competition overall, but sending her home before Joslyn and Darienne is just ridiculous, particularly given how poorly Joslyn performed this week.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Elucidarius posted:

I think the issue with Trinity is that she had been consistently doing poorly with a piss poor attitude up until the last 3 episodes. Where as Joslyn has been doing OK/decently pretty consistently with a positive attitude.

I see that, but I don't think Joslyn's really even been doing "OK". She's been consistently weak on the runway since day one, and unlike Trinity shows no inclination to learn anything from what the judges tell her. In my mind, the fact that Trinity has grown so much this season is a very strong mark in her favor, and I just haven't seen that from Joslyn.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Oh man I want to fight in Operation Dessert Storm.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

CaptainScraps posted:

I'm still nuts about the dude, even if he did offer to eat out my butthole.

I'm confused by the "even if" in this sentence. Regardless of whether you have any interest in taking him up on it, it's drat polite of him to offer.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Pinwiz11 posted:

New Beatdown! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hsdf7vrOas

OMG that last video I was LIVING.

Laughed out loud for a long time over "Bitch never claps for the other girls".

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Sent to me by a friend and goon, shared with permission:

quote:

Btw, this morning [their two year old] specifically requested big boy underpants so he could do "Peanutbutter Dance." I put them on, and indeed he did it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

DominoDancing posted:

Hey look, it's geo-blocked.

Don't bother telling me about the proxy of your choice, this is just a complaint on principle.

This makes me quite cranky as well.

• Locked thread