Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Just watching ep1 and I love all of them.... apart from Gia Gunn. Not a fan of pretty girls. I'm in stitches right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Is there a drag family tree out there? So we know that LaGanja is the daughter of Alyssa Edwards and Ivy Winters is connected the Lady Bunny, i would like to know the other connections.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Hey Girl posted:

Chad Michaels is drag mother to Morgan McMichaels

Alyssa Edwards is drag mother to Shangela and Laganga Estranga

Alissa Summers and Alexis Mateo are drag sisters

Madam LaQueer is drag mother to Lineysha Sparx

Nicole Paige Brooks is drag mother to Phoenix

Darienne Lake is drag mother to Pandora Boxx

Dream Girls Review (not a family but they worked together)

Chad Michaels

Delta Work

Morgan McMichaels

Shannel

Sonique

Venus D-Lite

Detox Icunt

Raja Gemini

DWV
Willam and Detox's musical stylings (with Vicky Vox who hasn't been on Drag Race)

Transfashionable
Willam and Courtney Act were on it together

Seattle Scene
Jinx Monsoon and Ben Delacreme have worked together

Once upon a time Sharon Needles and Alaska Thunderfvck were dating

Bianca del Rio knows Lady Bunny (in the Biblical sense)

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiivvvvvvy Winterssssssss has made dresses forrrrr
Lady Bunny

and Manila Luzon

I'm not including post show colabs because they're all working together now.

You're the greatest person to ever live, this is brilliant

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

anyone got a link to the second season? I've just binged season 1 and can't work out the right thing to ask the internet.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

FadedReality posted:

My wife and I are working backwards through the seasons as well. We're partway through Season 5 and the Untucked episodes make Season 6's look mild as gently caress. Also that double elimination? :vince:

Neither of us can figure out where the drawn out pronunciation of Ivy Winters comes from. Is it from her drag shows?

I've done the same (minus untucked), only thing I can say is skip season 1 as its not very good. You can see the germ of the idea it's just cheaply executed and not in a good way.

Can't wait for a UK version.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

ZombieScholar posted:

Ru goes into it during the Reunion episode but it's because of how La Toya pronounced "Edgar Winterrrrrrrrrrrs" at some show once. Even La Toya seemed bewildered by it.

La Toya is also stoned out of her mind 95% of the time so its no surprise

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Aphra Bane posted:

I've just started season 4, and it already has one of my favourite challenges yet.
Latrice is great and I can see why the thread loves her :allears: I want to like Sharon Needles, but knowing what I do now from reading the thread ... well, her costumes are still pretty cool. Her runway look for the first episode was like something straight out of a Silent Hill game.

What's so bad about Sharon needles?

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

CHiRAL posted:

She tried a little too hard to be edgy and punk and ended up gaining a very bad rep as a racist

Wow, really? So much for being the future of drag!

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Any Brits out there that might be able to score a couple of tickets for Bianca's show in London?

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Do we think that cher will ever appear on the show?

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

gently caress yeah, seeing Alaska Thunderfuck 5000 in October.

Booooooom.

Should I go to some other drag shows first to get a feel for the scene is stay a virgin until then?

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Toast Museum posted:

Definitely go to other shows in the meantime. They're fun, and Alaska's probably going to do something pretty different anyway.

I live in London, are there any you'd recommend?

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Episode 3 is up and its, well, a bit poo poo. Everything needs to be short and snappy, that bit in the middle draggggggedddddd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

CHiRAL posted:

Oh my god :derp:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlOtG8Dw2JA

Edit: this vid is now private but I'm sure it will be out soon because it is too amazing to deny the world.
Willam, Alaska and Courtney made a song+MV as part of their AA ad campaign :syoon:

AA as in alcoholics anonymous?

• Locked thread