Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

I honestly could not see anything other than the Six Flags commercial guy in Milk's runway appearance.

I also wish we could have seen more of Darienne as Paula Deen. The few shots she was in were excellent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

Goddammit. I'm actually starting to like Adore.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

Totally not on topic with the current discussion, but I've noticed that people--myself included--often use both male and female pronouns to refer to the same or different drag queens at different times. It doesn't seem to be limited to particular contexts, such as when referring to them as their drag persona (female) versus the actual person (male, in the majority of cases). I wonder what causes people to use one or the other. Any thoughts on that? Have any of you noticed yourselves doing this?

Sorry, I'm a psycholinguistics grad student, I can't help myself. Have a gif:

Also I have to say, when I watched the episodes with a bunch of normally very chatty friends, everyone in the room was dead silent from the second Ben and Darienne's lipsync ended to when Ru said that Ben was going to stay.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

QuickbreathFinisher posted:

So what's everyone's picks for All Stars 2? I'm assuming past winners and people who were on the first All Stars can't compete, although I have no basis for that.

My roster is:
Alaska Thunderfuck
Willam
Shangela
Detox
Jiggly Caliente
Stacey Layne Matthews
Alyssa Edwards
Morgan McMichaels
Ongina
Jade (season 1, not Jade Jolie)
Trinity K Bonet (get back here girl)
Tatianna
PhiPhi O'hara (I'm not kidding. She's awesome live and I think she should get another chance to not look like a giant rear end in a top hat on national TV)

I think Jujubee should come back too. But just because she's the best. :colbert:
I want Jujubee to be on every season.

And I honestly think Pandora Boxx deserves another chance. She was robbed in the first All Stars.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

I will forever be biased against Season 5 since it really felt like the overall talent/polish level plummeted in comparison to previous seasons. I found that really disappointing. I also think Alaska should have won instead of Jinkx. :ssh:

QuickbreathFinisher posted:

I was in love with Sharon while the season aired, but that was also the first season I watched and pretty much my first exposure to drag outside of Pickle Surprise. I agree that there's something a little too "over it" about her, or something. She's definitely more than a little impressed with herself. Having seen her live, too, she does rest a little on the "I'm spooky and weird, gently caress you" schtick, whereas a lot of the other queens I've seen do vastly different poo poo than they did on the show. I liked Sharon's attitude and message a lot when I first saw the season, and I still do to an extent, but I definitely agree about her.

Her Snatch Game Michelle is still my favorite impersonation ever. HAHAHA :witch:
Also agreeing with everything here. I was overjoyed when Sharon won, but my opinion of her has been steadily declining since then.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

Hey Girl posted:

Am I the only one who was disappointed how the LSFYF was handled?

I was prepared to be blown away by Bianca rocking that out but she got maybe 20 seconds of time? There was no real way to actually compare the four based on the camera work. Ugh.
I wish they'd show the whole thing at some point. It wasn't even clear from the lipsync that Darienne was in the bottom (though I'm not saying I disagree with the decision).

Also, I made myself a new avatar. :dance: Pretty obvious whose team I'm on.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

Congratulations to Bianca!!!

:woop: gently caress yeah.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

Carlton Banks Teller posted:

I've known too many people in my life who were hurt by tranny/she-male/ladyboy to just brush it aside as folks being oversensitive tumblr warriors; I think this is something that RuPaul will come down on the wrong side of history with (at least until the labels are reclaimed and actually socially-acceptable in 2098 or whatever).
Definitely agree with your post, and your point about partial ownership is really important to this discussion. It's not a black and white issue like how it's presented on the majority of the internet. You can only reclaim a slur if it applies to you. The main argument here seems to be whether erroneously being called a tranny/shemale/ladyboy--versus being targeted with those slurs because you're actually transgender, which is what the words actually refer to--allows cisgender gay men to reclaim the word.

It definitely isn't just fringe SJWs who are bothered by the usage of the word by someone who isn't trans--Carmen Carrera spoke up about it too. Hell, I'm trans and am totally fine with being called a tranny, shemale, or ladyboy, but I'm not MTF, and I also have never had those or any other transphobic slurs thrown at me as insults. People who have and do have a right to say that it pisses them off when someone who isn't trans tosses the word around casually. It's kinda lovely to just tell those people to get over it. I get where Ru is coming from, but I don't think he has thought this out fully.

e: vvvvv :sparkles::hf::sparkles:

Stroop There It Is fucked around with this message at 15:44 on May 23, 2014

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

the truth posted:

Bianca said Carmen Carrera should take what's left of her dick, stick it in her mouth, and shut up.

Shots fired.
Bianca del Rio said something outrageously offensive onstage?! :monocle: Seriously, though, she was in character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

CHiRAL posted:

Ask for a lock of their hair for your shrines. duh :syoon:
Preferably Mathu's beard.

• Locked thread