Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Whenever queens like Gia or Trinity complain about the show not being enough about glamour and beauty, I wonder if they've ever seen RuPaul's Drag Race before. The only winner I can really think of that managed to succeed mostly on that was maybe Tyra Sanchez. Jinkx and Sharon certainly weren't especially glamorous or high fashion or anything like that, and Raja was able to do a lot more than just look good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Courtney seemed to be serving up some Pinocchio realness on the Glamazon episode:

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Neither Darienne or Ben's runway or lip sync performances were anything to write home about, but I don't get how Darienne wins out of the two. It's especially surprising since every single queen said that Darienne should go home, and Darienne's final outfit was just atrocious.

I was also completely blindsided by Adore's win after seeing her executive look. I just didn't get the judge's reasoning this week at all.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014

the truth posted:

Kind of lazy from a drag standpoint - he looks like a guy in a dress - and his high note was always the same. He didn't even change it for the last note. It's definitely cool from a culture and acceptance standpoint that he won the popular vote in so many countries, though.

I don't know, I think that aside form the beard, she looks decently fishy.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
In terms of terrible Drag Race alumni songs, where does this one rank? Venus D Lite with a guy who got plastic surgery to look like Justin Bieber and a gal who's trying to look like Jennifer Lawrence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55Csg0XCGIk

• Locked thread