Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

So you can watch most of the premiere on the logo website now.

Lost it when ViVacious made her entrance.

The split premiere is a good idea. I feel like I got a good taste of each queen (which was bland).

Everyone's runway look sucked save for Ben. Maybe this group is mostly duds? I wanted to see some fierce GoT poo poo and we got nothing. Ru should just axe all of them except for Ben and move onto the next group of 7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Always wondered if the judges zingers during the runway were being said aloud at the time or post-added later. Was thinking it was latter but good to know its the former.

Laganja is such a contradiction. For someone who is trying so hard to be "loud and out there", she sure is ridiculously sensitive and not at all emotionally mature enough to handle what the persona she tries to project. Pity.

Finally liked Adore this episode. Before she came off as slacker bratty, but now she looks to be putting in more effort to her betterment. Good job.

Milk's schtick is getting old fast. Players who don't bend a little end up breaking eventually. Daring and risky can be fun, but a lot of her looks are just sloppy in execution.

Ben, Bianca, and Courtney have this thing in the bag. Darrienne, TKB, Josylyn, Adore, Milk, and Laganja are just cannon fodder at this point.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Mmmm hmmm, momma. That was a lot of episode to swallow. And it was delicious. A very entertaining 4 hours to watch.

Josylyn and her bf are just super adorbs.

Werk it momma, oh-kaaay!

Geez it, so glad she is gone, momma.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

I want more Raven godsdamnit. Bring her back so she can win 2nd place for the 3rd time. :smith:

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

I dunno about Season 4 being the worst. I loved Sharon to pieces at the time (and have since cooled a bit on her since). She was the first real kooky/scary/different queen (with talent) in contrast with all of the "fierce bitch" personas that came before her. She stomped down that runway looking like Salad Fingers and blood gushing from her mouth and it was such a jaw dropping awesome experience. But now we've seen from similar off-flavor queens like Alaska, Jinx, Milk...so Sharon is no longer such an oddity.

Season 3 is the most boring IMHO. Raja was and is all kinds of awesome, but she was so head and shoulders above the rest of her competition that it wasn't really much of a competition at all. It was obvious since episode one she would win. Plus the whole Heathers thing was the most grating clique bullshit ever.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Willam is the best, THE best. I will never forgive myself for passing on the opportunity to see her show :cry:

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

I really hope Bianca is in the bottom in one of the next two episodes. It's a shame when we don't get the see the winner lip sync at least once.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Well that was surprising and dumb. The lip sync was a draw, but Darienne should have gone home just by past performance record. This was her third time lip syncing. This was only Ben's second. Darienne has only won one challenge while Ben had won two. And it not like Ben's looks were atrocious. It was well put together if not done and done before. Compare that all three of Darienne's fails. It just doesn't add up.

I was really hoping Courtney would be in the bottom just so we can see her lip sync (and then Bianca next week). But I guess we're going to miss out on at least one this season. No way Darienne survive next episode.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Is there supposed to be a 2nd All-Stars or did I just dream that up?

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Like these intro videos better than previous seasons. Just seems like a better sample of what they are like.

Favorites so far as Ginger (super adorbs, home state represent), Katya (yes, Russian trash queen!), and Sasha (anyone who can bring X-Men realness has my vote). Least Favorites are Jasmine (boring), Kennedy (boring), and Max (trying too hard?). Everyone else seems kinda eh middle of the road.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Combed Thunderclap posted:

I was first introduced to Kandy Ho via this video and loved it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emJQvFRcjww

:stare: Holy poo poo that was awesome. Going to add her to my favorites list. The Puerto Rican queens always seem to hit the language barrier that ends up holding them back, which is very unfortunate. Kandy doesn't seem to have any trouble in her interview so here's hoping.

Drag Race has taught me that Puerto Rico and Atlanta are the top producers of drag queens. Weird.

• Locked thread