Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hey Girl
Sep 24, 2004
Am I the only one who was disappointed how the LSFYF was handled?

I was prepared to be blown away by Bianca rocking that out but she got maybe 20 seconds of time? There was no real way to actually compare the four based on the camera work. Ugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hey Girl
Sep 24, 2004

PostsYouCanDanceTo posted:

I want to watch Bianca and Adore take a road trip across America in character. It'll be like Oprah and Gayle's road trip, but we'll be laughing with them, not at them.

As for the looks:

-Does anyone else think Adore could serve up Monica Lewinsky realness? Monica got a cover article in Junes Vanity Fair; she's back in the zeitgeist (somewhat). And Adore can make blowjob jokes till her little heart explodes.
-Bianca looks funereal
-Courtney looks a lot better with darker lipstick
-Laganja looks like Chloe Sevigny when she smiles. And she can't pose.
-LATRICE! ...and Madame LaQueer. Given how great Latrice looks, putting their pictures next to each other is kinda mean, no?
-Chad and Morgan Michaels look pretty awesome. Great makeup on both of them. Is Chad Morgan's drag mother?
-Ongina's "Little boy in drag" might be my favorite look of them all. She's the lipstick-iest lesbian in the room.

I think of all the drag queens that have graced the stage of RuPaul's drag race Ongina is my #1 favorite forever if only because she's so loving cute as a little lady boy gender gently caress queen.

Hey Girl
Sep 24, 2004

the truth posted:

Kind of lazy from a drag standpoint - he looks like a guy in a dress - and his high note was always the same. He didn't even change it for the last note. It's definitely cool from a culture and acceptance standpoint that he won the popular vote in so many countries, though.

Eh. The Sisterhood of Perpetual Indulgence out of Seattle frequently rock beards. Not all drag is "be as fishy as possible."

Hey Girl
Sep 24, 2004

the truth posted:

I don't equate drag with fishiness, but in the linked video he looked like a dude who hastily put on a dress. The glam shot posted in this thread was better, but I still don't have much of an idea of who he is.

Good for him nevertheless, but I don't get creative genderfuck or artistic vibes from this one - I get Courtney Act "I couldn't make it past the first round as a guy so I put on this dress" vibes, even if that isn't the case. He's a much better singer than Courtney, though.

Sorry, I shouldn't assume what people think of as drag but I keep coming across people who are in the Gia Gunn school of drag thought where fish is the purpose and it's like ugh.

Hey Girl
Sep 24, 2004

Combed Thunderclap posted:

I know Drag U wasn't a big hit, but if World of Wonder don't put together another kind of Drag Revue TV show, it's a lost opportunity.

I really miss Drag U if only to watch the more personal and less competitive side of these queens. I wasn't really a fan of Raven's until Drag U. Can you imagine Jinx on Drag U? She'd be sooooo brilliant.

Hey Girl
Sep 24, 2004

Dr.Cthulhu posted:

Sharon was so awful on this recap episode. Her jokes weren't funny, rarely made sense and she just looked plain bad.

Which is weird because during the snatch game she did a pretty passable Michelle Visage. Somehow between then and now Michelle Visage became an old Jewish woman with emphysema? It wasn't funny. Alaska though. :sparkles:

Hey Girl
Sep 24, 2004
Has anyone seen Transformations with James St. James? Basically different drag queens/performance and/or make-up artists beat James St. James' face. And it's really adorable how excited he is and it's fun to see people putting makeup on other people. A lot of RuPaul's queens have done it and they're great.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhgFEi9aNUb0YV46x-Wbd3LveF5PmhhVO

Hey Girl
Sep 24, 2004

Miss Kalle posted:

Coco Montrese's eyes freak me out.

Those contacts are the worst but at least it turns out she could take a joke.

Hey Girl
Sep 24, 2004

Chad Michaels is drag mother to Morgan McMichaels

Alyssa Edwards is drag mother to Shangela and Laganga Estranga

Alissa Summers and Alexis Mateo are drag sisters

Madam LaQueer is drag mother to Lineysha Sparx

Nicole Paige Brooks is drag mother to Phoenix

Darienne Lake is drag mother to Pandora Boxx

Dream Girls Review (not a family but they worked together)

Chad Michaels

Delta Work

Morgan McMichaels

Shannel

Sonique

Venus D-Lite

Detox Icunt

Raja Gemini

DWV
Willam and Detox's musical stylings (with Vicky Vox who hasn't been on Drag Race)

Transfashionable
Willam and Courtney Act were on it together

Seattle Scene
Jinx Monsoon and Ben Delacreme have worked together

Once upon a time Sharon Needles and Alaska Thunderfvck were dating

Bianca del Rio knows Lady Bunny (in the Biblical sense)

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiivvvvvvy Winterssssssss has made dresses forrrrr
Lady Bunny

and Manila Luzon

I'm not including post show colabs because they're all working together now.

Hey Girl
Sep 24, 2004
I guess they all do this because Ru is a recording artist but ffs there's a reason that Drag Queens lip sync.

Hey Girl
Sep 24, 2004
Good lord.

Can we take Sharon's crown and give it to Alaska?

Hey Girl
Sep 24, 2004

the truth posted:

I think I have a new favorite state

edit: found a Willam video I haven't seen before while looking at Alaska's stuff - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQSq-HgWekk

Alaska was already my favorite state because of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUrokD1Uggk and also Sarah Palin but now also my favorite drag queen.

Hey Girl
Sep 24, 2004

the truth posted:

Alaska was my favorite wihtin a couple episodes of S5, but now I'm extending that love to the namesake. No room in my heart for Palin, though, but I doubt she's been back up there in years.

I like to pretend that Palin is a performance artist.

Hey Girl
Sep 24, 2004

FadedReality posted:

One more thing I was curious about. We were watching some Showgirls at Micky's videos and the crowd are handing the queens dollars as they perform. Is that common or just at Micky's?

Until/unless they have a deal with the bar and host a show of their own they make money with tips which they get from the audience which hands it to them!

Hey Girl
Sep 24, 2004
Willam is so loving funny I can't even handle it.

Like none of the other queens have that same kind of effortless funny that Willam has.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hey Girl
Sep 24, 2004
Alaska does Ice Buckets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12q8WOY-SLA

• Locked thread