Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

My internet is being totally lovely right now, so it took me two hours to watch the episode. Ugh. This better not be a thing.

But I persevered! And it was worth it!
  • Adore is a brat, but I can't hate (yet); she's got spunk, and she's could prove to have some genuinely funny, smart-rear end moments like Willam or Detox. She does seem like someone who can suck all the air out of the room. But if she brings the drama to Untucked, that's cool too.

• Holy poo poo, you guys, I'm crushing on Ben SO HARD! He is hot out of drag, and his voice is even hotter! From the moment he introduced himself I was drooling. And he seems like he'll be a lot of fun and a really good sport.

• Gia can go. She is loving fierce as all get out (and wow, she can perform), but I feel like she has no skills beyond looking fierce. She also has a mannered cadence that is already wearing super thin. I'm with Adam Lambert, I just don't like her.

• I don't have any real bead on the others yet, other than I was disappointed that Kelly didn't bring it harder and I'm really hoping for a Laganja/Gia LSFYL because that would be tremendous (Laganja was right: those legs are everything).

And a bunch of Ben DeLaCreme vids because I'm obsessed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLo9yKnaUO8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_tXil_vUa4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrfvO9sncQs

PostsYouCanDanceTo fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Feb 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

curiousTerminal posted:

http://www.logotv.com/video/showall.jhtml

They're there, just not on the actual Season 6 page.

Thanks, love!

Also, my love for Vi Vacious grows. She seems like someone who carries herself with poise and grace. I wonder if she gives good tongue lashings -- if so, then I wanna see her put a queen in her place.

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

caligulamprey posted:

I worry she's not sticking around since she doesn't really show up in the Untucked intro.

But goddamn, when she did, it loving killed me.

It might be a Tammie Brown Eh-gently caress-It situation, or a Human-Wallpaper Ivy Winters situation.

This video is spoilerific (I'm assuming it comes from a challenge) but it does contain clips of Milk's audition tape and a bunch of her looks, including the outfit that goes with that hair and makeup. And it is fabulous! All of her looks are great, really.

jai Mundi posted:

She is, but I was a little put off by her bitching about her "box of CRAAAAAAAAAAP" that LaGanja assigned to her. Gurt, you walked in the workroom in a military outfit. Is it that far of a stretch for you to think that you could also make a box full of military stuff work again.

I ain't got no time for queens whining about shade that isn't there.

This. She had the resources to do a great punk rock/tough girl look in the Vivienne Westwood mold with all that plaid; which could've easily worked for her glamorous androgyny (which I am a fan of in anybody). Though from what I saw online, she does not go for those kinds of looks. A shame; she could've done something better than her final result, which was top 2 by default really.

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

caligulamprey posted:

Dear God, this Pimply Teen makeup is vile/hysterical.

Fingers crossed: Milk pulls out a truly insane Jerri Blank from Strangers with Candy for Snatch Game.

I'm with you on both points; and what's extra great is you can see that behind the acne Milk has the chops to make herself really beautiful even with her kooky aesthetic.

Also, I was trying to figure out the new runway music and it's, I'm mostly sure, "sissy that walk" off Ru's new album "Born Naked". It's on Spotify! :neckbeard:

PostsYouCanDanceTo fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Mar 3, 2014

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

curiousTerminal posted:

Meanwhile I'm sitting here waiting for them to put it up on their mess of a site because my cable provider doesn't have Logo and I don't have an iDevice.
I could figure out who got eliminated if I really wanted to, since Pandora Boxx's recap of the episode AND Michelle's interview with the eliminated queen are both up... and yet the episode remains absent.
I really question Logo's priorities.

if you haven't already found it: http://www.logotv.com/video/rupauls-drag-race-episode-2-season-6-rupauls-big-opening-pt-2/1723389/playlist.jhtml

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

Finally able to watch the episode in full; hoowee! These were the fun queens, no doubt about it (I still love Ben!)

Bianca is giving me life, but I fear her shtick will wear really thin really fast. In the more short term, I am hoping for some serious smack-talk between her and Gia. You know Bianca can read Gia for literal filth. She will be poo poo on Bianca's shoe.

Based on their looks as boys, I thought Joslyn would be the bitch and Gia would be the ditz. Huh.

Everyone on the internet is gagging over Courtney, but I'm not fully convinced yet. She's beautiful and charming, but the look was dull (and Republican Party had so much promise!), and her body is not that feminine. She really needs a dress to sell me on her fishiness.

MILK! I'm gonna say pro-beard in theory, less so in practice. I'd have preferred a chinstrap or goatee or some other fratboy-type facial hair. I think that would have worked with the toga party theme, but I suspect the judges would've hated that more.

Jeezus Krist, who crapped in Magnolia's corn flakes? More to the point, how did she even get on the show? I couldn't even watch her, she made me so uncomfortable. And that lip sync! That was the most awkward lip sync since Mimi Imfurst went WWE on India! Good luck with all that 'exposure'.

In related news, Darienne is fabulous and hope she goes far.

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

This showed up in my youtube feed. Tammy Faye Messner on the RuPaul show. I don't know the year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XVy88x63yg

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

Okay, first things first: Darienne!! :neckbeard:

Second things second: Vivacious! :argh: Seriously, why wasn't Adore in the bottom 2? Send that bitch packin' if someone's gotta go. Ah well, c'est la vie.

This was a killer episode. Loved the mini challenge (and Joslyn's pelvic tattoo made me rewind to see if he was letting his pubes breathe, which made me feel only slightly more pervy than normal). And the final products in the main challenge weren't bad! Usually the queens, bless their hearts, are working with some... less than stellar material. But how long are these scripts? The final product can't be that much longer than the videos we see at home and those are like, two minutes. So many of the girls can't remember their lines and all I can think is "really?"

Ru and Michelle, however, couldn't have been more on point with their acting/directing. They were legit hilarious. Also, props to whoever was throwing shade with that background music.

Best runway ever? I think it's a contender. I didn't gag on the eleganza; I choked, died, and came back to choke again. But of course RuPaul's the one to beat; her look GAVE ME LIFE! That was my favorite wig she's ever worn. And I would rock the hell outta that blue suit!

CaptainScraps posted:

Only if Milk is on the show, too. She's just so goddamn adorable and happy and weird. Watching her and adore do the mini challenge was amazing.

Milk can be the ditzy neighbor; the "Vivian" to Bianca's "Maude"

PostsYouCanDanceTo fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Mar 11, 2014

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

Everyone needs to stop everything to watch Drag Goddess Coco Peru play GTA V.

Everyone needs to watch every video with Coco Peru on youtube.

Coco Peru needs to be a guest judge on Drag Race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6Y5xLvYdMM

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

Standing behind that sigh made her look like she has no shins a la Cotton Hill, but drat if that wasn't a solid performance. She'll go far in drag.

That fan action was a great touch.

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

DominoDancing posted:

Trinity's lipsync was pretty great, but I'm still sad to see April go. Her singing was pretty bad, but she did what she could and seemed to have so much fun with it. I guess it's too bad that there've been two challenges in a row that didn't play to her strengths at all. She also comes across very well in the Whatcha Packin' video posted above.
April didn't look like she could move in her dress, which, not being a drag queen, struck me as a rookie mistake. I don't know poo poo from shinola, but I would think just by default as a queen I would want to be able to dance in my outfits. In any case, Chaka Khan was so perfect for Trinity (who is quite tiresome, no?) that it prolly didn't matter what April wore - Trin had this one in the bag.

DominoDancing posted:

Laganja was insufferable during Untucked. Nobody over the age of fourteen should unironically go for a "I'm a bird, I'll spread my wings" speech. So far she hasn't served up anything I enjoyed, and her talking heads and the tired catchphrases are incredibly annoying.
She's very affected; and has self-esteem issues. If her and Adore are this insecure and constantly on the brink of a meltdown off the show, then they must be a gruesome twosome to be around.

DominoDancing posted:

Never thought I'd say this, but Joslyn is actually really enjoyable in her talking heads. Like April, she's able to go with the flow and just do whatever the week's challenge demands of her.

This may be premature, and I don't really remember season 2, but Joslyn kinda reminds me of Tatianna in that she may not be that polished, and her looks are more than a little tacky, but there's a game quality about her that if you give her a challenge she'll do it, no matter how inexperienced she may be. I remember Jessica Wild also was really plucky. I'm growing to like Joslyn; she's not drag superstar material, but she's fun to have around.

Can I say something that might be controversial? The bloom is off Milk's rose for me. I dunno, she's just not bringing it for me the way I hoped she would. Her performances have seemed a tad underwhelming, and I know she can do better with the makeup - this look was subpar and didn't really fit the requirements of the challenge. The aids ribbon coulda been more prominent, or maybe a shitload of ribbons, something to humor it up. But I'm optimistic all the same; Alaska was unsteady when she started and then got her footing by the Snatch Game; so maybe Milk just hasn't found her groove.

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

CHiRAL posted:

Wanna get on Season 7? Alaska is here to help!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkvvTbH6VyE

That voice was jarring but I don't think she's ever looked better. I wonder if she working on a new look these days? This is definitely softer and more pretty than I remember her on the show.
(Not that she wasn't pretty, but this feels so much more genteel than I remember her)

Fresh Like Zafo posted:

I don't think it's controversial to say that now. I'm still a Milk fan, but it definitely feels like she's holding back, believing her club kid aesthetic will get her far enough. I do hope she pulls through, but with the way she's floundering, I'm getting worried. The makeup was off, that dark lipliner and wearing the same pair of shoes again are just not a good look.

That seems to be the crux of it: she's not tailoring her aesthetic to the challenges enough. It's one thing to let your freak flag fly, but I'm starting to wonder if there's a real thought process behind the looks; I worry her 'defense' would have amounted to "This is my drag. This is what I do" and nothing more. Like she's not refined enough to articulate a response to the challenge that maintains her aesthetic, so she ignores the challenge. I hope not; I'm still pulling for her. But yeah, that lip liner was not good.

I hope she didn't blow her wad on the pregnancy belly, ya know? There'd better not be a Sweet 16 challenge or anything now.

Also, Sheryl Lee Ralph was fantastic and if I were on that runway, I'd blurt out how much I loved her work in Bioshock 2, cementing my status as a loving nerd for all time.

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

I'm getting old, I pulled a muscle in my shoulder and I've been out for two days :( Thank goodness for snatch game to pick me up!

Ben and Bianca BROUGHT IT. And Adore finally proved why she's here. Joslyn has more skills than anyone gave her credit for, and I love her a little more every week. Her bit about "Giudice" was GOLD. Darienne got the job done, Courtney and Trinity weren't abysmal. But Gia was every bit as bad as I thought she would be; not that that was a surprise -- did she even know there was a Selena before Gomez? There's a possibility she didn't. And LaGanja had only the faintest germ of how to do Rachel Zoe, which is better than Gia, but that's not a high bar to clear.

But Milk confirmed all my concerns about her limitations. Julia Child can be very funny (Mario Cantone did it quite well), but Milk was so genuinely befuddled when Ru asked her point blank "how are you gonna make her funny?" That's only the point of the challenge, dearie! Gia and Ben were also stumped, but Gia was clearly doomed and Ben's a pro who figured it out; Milk's the only one whose fuzzy concept really disappointed me. And that's what it boils down to for me: Milk doesn't have a focused vision. Also, she's afraid to make a sincere effort. And so if Milk can't bring it when she was more or less free to be goofy (or at least the chance to take a risk) in the challenge, then I don't think she's got it in her. And being boy Ru, while totally a viable take on 'drag' , was not what the judges wanted and she knew it. Also, it looked bad, what with the visible wig seam and all. Milk shoulda gone Starrbooty.

Bianca being take-no-poo poo drag mama to Adore and LaGanja was the second best part of the episode. It was refreshing to watch her let down the sassy facade a bit and reach out to a younger queen. And I am happy to watch her and Adore shut down LaGanja, who needs to be next to go.

But the best moment:

Capsaicin posted:

Trinity had the funniest line on the show.

"Does Rachel Zoe really sound like that? No?.......That's unfortunate."

I died.

I got my wish! A Gia and LaGanja LSFYL! Except the song was a mid-tempo ditty that neither of them knew how to werq, and so it wasn't as lively as I had hoped. LaGanja pulled out a bunch of tricks that had nothing to do with the song, and Gia looked lost. Aaah, well. Also, Gia: better to be a dude than a oval office. Good Riddance.

Finally, a funny Rachel Zoe impersonation video. It's an oldie but goodie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YTUirqfOa8

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

This is a terrific look. I'm confidant that April will go far based on the goodwill of this show.

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

Up is down! Black is white! Dorothy's an airhead and Rose is the sassy bitch! These queens are making me all topsy-turvy!

Oh, Milk. You expired. :rimshot: But as much as I adored her, as much as I love her drag, her skills were too limited for the competition; God bless a kooky queen, but in this competition she can't be kooky at the expense of polished.

I'll admit that my initial dismissal of Adore was off the mark. People on the internet kept chirping about her, and I didn't get it. I get it now. She's not glamorous (yet), but she's got star power in spades.

But my esteem for Ben has taken a small hit, and my love for Darienne has taken a big dive. Why is Ben suddenly so needy? Why is Darienne suddenly so nasty? There's two types of big girl queens: A Latrice or a Delta. Darienne, choose wisely.

Joslyn and Bianca still delight me. LaGanja and Trinity are fish flopping on a dock.

Alaska just gets more and more amazing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywt7YYd82Sk

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

blizzardvizard posted:

Who else thinks Courtney's bedsheet was more interesting than her 'reveal'? When she first appeared all wrapped up I reacted to how glamorous the bedsheet actually looks, but then she discarded it for plain and boring undergarments.

I did. As did Viktor and Rolf:

From their fall 2005 show, "Bedtime Stories".

Here's a link to the style.com review and gallery:
http://www.style.com/fashionshows/review/F2005RTW-VIKROLF

And a video of the runway show. The menswear is especially gorgeous.
http://vimeo.com/58024266

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

Has anyone watched that Canada's next drag superstar? is that worth watching? I suspect it's a top gear uk vs top gear anywhere else situation: without the same cast (ru and michelle -- santino is awful), and everything it just won't feel right, but what do i know?

Alaska and Adore gifs forever. I feel Alaska could teach Milk how to be kooky and beautiful and polished. She is stunning, I must say.

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

LaGanja is a child who, I assume, has been given nothing but love and adoration her whole life and is now too spoiled to have any barometer for what normal human relationships look like. I'm guessing she hasn't had too much in the way of specific hardships in her life either or she would have dragged them out at the slightest provocation in a "bitch, you don't know me!" kinda way. It also doesn't help that She probably hasn't done any performing outside of cunty/fierce lip syncs at drag bars, and now that she's on drag race where she needs a real skill set, she's risen to her own level of incompetence, coupled with a over-inflated sense of worth, and now she doesn't know what to do with any of this information.

Watching her friendship with Adore crumble was pretty awesome. Not that it can't be rebuilt, but it definitely isn't what it used to be. Watching Ben crumble isn't nearly as fun. I want him in the top 3! But watching How Trinity Got her Groove Back has been nothing short of inspiring. She did great in both challenges! And I want Joslyn to win one cuz that would make me happy. Courtney's critiques, btw, were not wrong, but the delivery was shady. But Joslyn didn't make too big a fuss out of it either. Mostly just a sharp comment on her part. Compared to some of the other poo poo that's gone down over the seasons on this show, they were at the height of decorum. Josyln is so a lock for Ms. Congeniality, does anyone on the internet dislike her? It doesn't seem that way.

But seriously, watching Laganja crumble was glorious (I am an awful person, yes). I also will accept the possibility she has a personality disorder, because seriously.

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

spite house posted:

Unrelated: I've seen people postulating that Laganja's meltdowns might have been exacerbated because she uses weed to medicate for anxiety, and the queens aren't allowed to smoke, even offcamera. Why is this? CA is a MMJ state and the requirements for medical need are extremely loose; you pretty much just have to stroll into a storefront on the Venice boardwalk and say "sometimes I get the mulligrubs, give me some indica". It's still illegal per federal law, of course, but not in practice. Jinkx has said that she was an unhinged weepy mess on her season because she couldn't get high to help her sleep, and she has a legitimate diagnosis. They're allowed to drink. I don't get it. Laganja still sucks like a jet turbine.

According to this advocacy group, the federal government does not recognize marijuana as having any medicinal value (which is loving bullshit I mean, a shame, since cannaboids show great promise as anti-tumor and anti-inflammatory medication) and still qualifies it as an illegal substance. Using medical marijuana is a very dicey proposition, despite state laws. So I'm sure Logo doesn't want to be held responsible should someone's marijuana use get back to the channel.

What Laganja really needs is a behavioral therapist to teach her life skills.

Final note: I tend to use he/she interchangeably because I'm flighty and can't keep my words straight.

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

Well, it took a month, but I'm finally caught up with all the episodes. Everyone this season left when they were supposed to. Except Ben and Darienne. (grr, but not really.) Oh well, c'est la vie. And to be fair, Darienne turned it around and left looking good.

I'm still fully team Bianca, but holy poo poo Adore is amazing. Courtney and Darienne have their strong points, but they can't compete with the pro and the breakout in this competition.

But my favorite part of the episode? Ru's 'Charles' look. That was amazing. Bonus points for the sims 3 music during adore's photo shoot.

Hey Girl posted:

Am I the only one who was disappointed how the LSFYF was handled?

No. It was like they were all on different stages.

bonus vids:
Jinkx monsoon interview about her and her show the vaudevillians that is really cute.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrqPtwPuWEQ

Also, I don't know if this came up in the thread, but there is an uncensored Willam tucking video on, xtube, I think? I can' go looking for the link cuz I'm in a crowded library, but I've seen it. Not instructional at all but you get to watch Willam play with a chubby, so that's something.

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

I want to watch Bianca and Adore take a road trip across America in character. It'll be like Oprah and Gayle's road trip, but we'll be laughing with them, not at them.

As for the looks:

-Does anyone else think Adore could serve up Monica Lewinsky realness? Monica got a cover article in Junes Vanity Fair; she's back in the zeitgeist (somewhat). And Adore can make blowjob jokes till her little heart explodes.
-Bianca looks funereal
-Courtney looks a lot better with darker lipstick
-Laganja looks like Chloe Sevigny when she smiles. And she can't pose.
-LATRICE! ...and Madame LaQueer. Given how great Latrice looks, putting their pictures next to each other is kinda mean, no?
-Chad and Morgan Michaels look pretty awesome. Great makeup on both of them. Is Chad Morgan's drag mother?
-Ongina's "Little boy in drag" might be my favorite look of them all. She's the lipstick-iest lesbian in the room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

Magnolia Crawford not watching the season? That bitch just cant do anything right (you could tell Ru was pissed ).

Kelly Mantle shined in more in her two minutes than some queens do in a season. Good for her.

And yay team bianca!

• Locked thread