Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theadder
Dec 30, 2011

PuTTY riot posted:

i read the whole thing and ur the best jonny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

didnt vote as the scale caps at 5

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

CamH posted:

i am a computer

im unsure

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

such contact
many points

=/

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

i love that this isn't archives yet :D

So i've been busy over the past month or so.

We have obvious news (if you've read job thread you know)

I now have THE ULTIMATE MOBILE HAM POSTING STATION

We will be documenting the radio and tech build, along with renovations.

Initial thoughts:

-37 feet overall length, taking in the cab slope, probably right around 33 feet along the roofline. That fits a 20 meter dipole front to back.
-Art Bell's is about like this size and he runs a loop up there, on like 3' standoffs
-In motion, we cannot have ANY additional height. this thing's 12'6" or so and 13' is the federal limit. So everything will need to either ride low or be extendible/pivoting to deploy and pack up. This isn't as much of a problem as you think, as only the frame of the motorhome is aluminum, the skin is fiberglass so it's not going to interfere that much.
-House battery bank is 2x6v 120 Ah lead-acid footbreakers. Not sure of condition. That's a LOT of Field Daying.

Love you guys, thanks for keeping the lights on while I've been off being weird.

nice!!

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

radio stuff is on standby as we are obviously having the busiest month/week of our lives right now getting to CO

whens full departure?

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

thursday if we're on the ball, friday if we're not

work starts the 28th i'd like to have a day of recovery

nice :)

definitely a day of recovery

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

spankmeister posted:

americans pronouncing it "sauder" is the dumbest thing