Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Oh yeah she was definitely the one who hosed up the hardest on timings, but the leadership stuff just seemed to come out of left field and when you look at who is left it seems insane. Show still makes me hungry for Wellington though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
They kind of had to go based on the service, but the edit had some drat decent feinting at a much better candidate from the winning team.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Cracks me up that Michelle thinks she's not an issue but has been pretty stale the whole season.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

quote:

It's been 17 season of Hell, there have been goofyness, Drama, sadness, and excitement. But this time, we'll be in cartoon form. It will be heroes vs villains.

Bluey: I'm getting sick and tired of you.

Indigo: Are you still over this poo poo?

Bluey and Stocking: YES

There will be drama.

Pranker(In anger): How could you betray us like this?

Fighting

Garb-Baige: I wanna do it.

Anton: I'll do it.

Garb-Baige: Let's not get in this poo poo.

Tragity.

Matt: Hey fucker, shut your poo poo face.

Amy: Go cry home to mommy.

Matt starts acting like a spoiled brat and fake crying like in season 4.

Stocking is seen hugging a sobbing You/The Viewer.

Sonata: Chef is gonna kill us all.

And let's not forget Gordon.

Chef Ramsey: What the gently caress are you doing?

Werewolf: It's not my fault.

Chef Ramsey: GET OUT.

Get ready cause this is Cartoon Hell's Kitchen: Heroes VS Villains.

https://m.fanfiction.net/s/12706385/1/Cartoon-Hell-s-Kitchen-Heroes-Vs-Villains

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
I RESPECT YOU SO MUCH AS A CULINARIAN

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
I don't think they even showed them bonding at all?? I want to see some wild-rear end theories on how they bonded so intensely that they're crying their asses off, not about leaving, but about having to compete against each other.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
So glad they got rid of Elise. I'd have preferred Jennifer over Robyn (whose voice is nails on a chalkboard) but I'm happy with the top 5.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
so uh michelle won that was better than ben winning

i think it was ben

whatever hopefully they don't go back to the all-star well

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
I like Michelle, but I still think Nick should've gone farther.

I would be fine with more all-stars if they got a better distribution of people and made the teams more even, and!!!! brought back Waffle House Julia

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I wanted Nick to go to the real deal final, but him getting to be Michelle's right-hand man for the dinner service was pretty :3:

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Nick should've won and :lol: that Gordon let some rando do the final pick. :rolleye:

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Elise crying at the end was perfect.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Michelle asking Elise if she was ok and then just shrugging was probably the funniest things I’ve seen on Hells Kitchen.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Michelle won? I stopped watching after Barbie left because I was afraid of Michelle losing.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Yeah, Michelle beat Ben in the finals. As much as it felt like another iteration of the doofus (Barbie) sinking the loser, I do think she was more consistently strong anyway.

SHVPS4DETH posted:

whatever hopefully they don't go back to the all-star well

...why not? I haven't been able to tolerate HK in years, but this one was surprisingly fun.

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.
If Ben had tossed Robin instead if Gordan, or even if had refused to let her back in, I think he might have won it.

I really wanted to see Nick v Michelle in the final though.

Seeing Elise crying was loving cathartic. I hate her more than Lacey and Sabrina combined and that's saying a lot.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme

Propaganda Machine posted:

...why not? I haven't been able to tolerate HK in years, but this one was surprisingly fun.

they already had elise on, nowhere to go but downhill

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
I would have preferred Nick to win, as he actually has a personality. But Ben and Michelle were both relatively non-toxic so it was all good. Plus: Elise crying.

I recently found out that all the past HK seasons are streaming on Amazon Prime and rediscovered the joy that was Lacey.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Anne Whateley posted:

I like Michelle, but I still think Nick should've gone farther.

I would be fine with more all-stars if they got a better distribution of people and made the teams more even, and!!!! brought back Waffle House Julia

Was Waffle House Julia the one in an early season that made it to the final four and Ramsay said he was paying to send her to culinary school? I feel like it was in the first episode her team had to fry quail eggs, wouldn’t let her do anything because they turned their noses up at Waffle House but it turned out she was the only one that could do it without breaking all the drat yolks?

Was that also the season with Rock? That guy was a loving trip. He flipped out in a lobster challenge because someone beat him with lobster bisque and he went on this ‘Lobster soup?! Lobster soup?! I bring originality!’

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
1000%

also I looked it up, and that was season 3, which aired in 2007. We've been watching this for over 10 years

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Aw, I watched that season with my mom (while I worked in a kitchen) we were rooting for Julia!

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Season 3 is still one of my favorites. One of the few times I didn't lose interest after black jackets.

BTW, I'll be going to the Hell's Kitchen restaurant in June. Already planning on getting the beef Wellington.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Gotta agree that if Robin got tossed, Ben would have won. Why would you want her over Jockey anyway? Nick got robbed though.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Does anyone know if there's a prospect of any more Hotel Hell or is that now completely dead?

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Dudley posted:

Does anyone know if there's a prospect of any more Hotel Hell or is that now completely dead?

I think it's hard to get people to do it and it's really just a more expensive version of Kitchen Nightmares, so probably not. Wasn't the last "season"' just 3 episodes?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Yeah, it seems to be used as summer filler if anything.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
Finally watched the finale. I think Michelle got pretty lucky. She did the worst on the pre-finale service and got to stay due to Gordon pushing three to the finale this time (which wasn't really the case as two still did the final service.) Her five dishes didn't seem to blow him away as much as Ben and Nick's did, and outside non-culinary judges determined who went through. And then during the actual service, she was flailing as a leader, to the point Gordon took her in the pantry. If it hadn't been for Robyn crashing, Ben would have looked better.

But then again, Michelle is in her 20s and Ben is in his 40s. Gordon always seem to favor youth and longevity in that respect, like he did in season 4 when he picked Christina. She was the least offensive chef on the red team, though that's not exactly hard to do.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme
gently caress yeah MCjr's back and :siren:Joe Batianach loving Hates Loves You:siren: again

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

SHVPS4DETH posted:

gently caress yeah MCjr's back and :siren:Joe Batianach loving Hates Loves You:siren: again

Masterchef already feels overly and intentionally abusive towards its contestants, so the Jr version feels like straight-up child exploitation to me.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
The geographical thing (I'm from ____. back in ____ we eat this, I want to make the people of _____ proud, etc.) is already super excessive this season.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
This is a spoiler about this week's episode but I also don't want to ruin anyone's enjoyment of this week, so this downer news about one of the kids is in spoilers too

Ben and California’s Gracie Howard, who was afraid to cook the lamb, were sent home.

“‘MasterChef Junior’ has been one of the best times of my life here. I got to meet amazing friends and it was a good opportunity to learn a lot more about cooking. It’s awesome to have made it this far,” Ben said in his exit interview.

What viewers may not know is that months after filming, Ben’s father shot and killed Ben’s mother in their Gary home before killing himself. Northwest Indiana community members have rallied around Ben, 11, and raised money for his education since the September 2017 killings. He was in high spirits last month when he told the Tribune he hopes to make and sell baked goods soon. http://www.orlandosentinel.com/ct-ent-masterchef-junior-ben-watkins-20180323-story.html

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I’ve been watching Masterchef S8, and I feel like this is one of the first cooking/baking competitions where I find more of the competitors are charming or adorable rather than irritating.

Except Jeff. That guy can gently caress off. They’re down to the final eight and I really hope he gets booted on this truffle challenge.

I feel like Dino, Jason and maybe Daniel will make the finale. (Don’t spoil it for me!)

E: aww, Gabriel got cut, but they’re gonna pay for his culinary school and a job offer in NOLA. :3:

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Mar 25, 2018

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I think you’ll be happy about the ending.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Zero One posted:

This is a spoiler about this week's episode but I also don't want to ruin anyone's enjoyment of this week, so this downer news about one of the kids is in spoilers too

Ben and California’s Gracie Howard, who was afraid to cook the lamb, were sent home.

“‘MasterChef Junior’ has been one of the best times of my life here. I got to meet amazing friends and it was a good opportunity to learn a lot more about cooking. It’s awesome to have made it this far,” Ben said in his exit interview.

What viewers may not know is that months after filming, Ben’s father shot and killed Ben’s mother in their Gary home before killing himself. Northwest Indiana community members have rallied around Ben, 11, and raised money for his education since the September 2017 killings. He was in high spirits last month when he told the Tribune he hopes to make and sell baked goods soon. http://www.orlandosentinel.com/ct-ent-masterchef-junior-ben-watkins-20180323-story.html

gently caress

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Last night I dreamed I was a contestant on Hell's Kitchen. Except for some reason the set was the tiny kitchen of this condo I lived in back in the 90s. The challenge was the one where there are four domes and each time a bell rings you have to go grab the next ingredient; I kept not hearing the bell ring so I always ended up with the ingredients no one wanted (I couldn't even tell what some of them were and Ramsay wouldn't tell me). Then my fish broke in half because I had no spatula and had to turn it with a spoon. I woke up before Ramsay could taste what I'd made, which was just as well because it looked awful.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Finally an excuse to use the :belarus: smilie

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me
Hi Masterchef Australia just started again and the production values are better than the US!!!

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Do they also pronounce the T in filet?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

ntan1 posted:

Hi Masterchef Australia just started again and the production values are better than the US!!!

:neckbeard:

Arms_Akimbo posted:

Do they also pronounce the T in filet?

I do believe so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
If it was filet we would probably assume it's French and leave it off. If it's just the regular word fillet we say the t.

Also my favourite this year is Loki I mean come on.