Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

When is this loving show coming back???

my hunch is that Ramsay is on his way out, show wise. The formula has grown stale, he is, let's face it' getting quite old (and I'm sure the live he has had must have used him quite a bit). Hopefully we get some Ramsay around the world or whatever style cooking shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I was under the impression there was at least one HK season in the can ready to go and another one being filmed (I get why the one being filmed wouldn't be completed, but doesn't this show take all of two weeks to actually film, and they do two seasons simultaneously? I can't remember where I heard this).

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Well, unless they had episodes in the can already, I wouldn't expect any new Nightmares in the next year or two.

As for Hell's Kitchen...I doubt CA will open up in-person dining enough to make the show. :shrug:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

As for Hell's Kitchen...I doubt CA will open up in-person dining enough to make the show. :shrug:

It's not a real restaurant :ssh:

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Popoto posted:

my hunch is that Ramsay is on his way out, show wise. The formula has grown stale, he is, let's face it' getting quite old (and I'm sure the live he has had must have used him quite a bit). Hopefully we get some Ramsay around the world or whatever style cooking shows.
He's already been doing Uncharted on National Geographic (streaming on Disney+).

It's like, if you remember how Hotel Hell always had a topless scene, this show always has a scene where he does some completely unnecessary adventure sport while talking about how it's absolutely required.

It's good, though, I do love it when grandmas make fun of him.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjL1pGHiIlY&t=10s

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

That’s an unfortunate thumbnail.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Fox finally announced a premiere date for Hell's Kitchen: January 7, 2021. This was recorded before Covid but Fox has been sitting on it to use as schedule spackle. It must suck for the winner to have to wait over a year after filming to get whatever the prize is.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

J-Spot posted:

Fox finally announced a premiere date for Hell's Kitchen: January 7, 2021. This was recorded before Covid but Fox has been sitting on it to use as schedule spackle. It must suck for the winner to have to wait over a year after filming to get whatever the prize is.

It’s gonna almost be like a surreal time capsule, jam packed restaurant with people talking in strangers faces.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
We've been burned so many times on premiere dates for the Ramsay shows. I'll believe it when I see it. :mad:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Started watching season 12 of masterchef australia. Oh look new judges. Ok cool why did the old ones leave? Oh they wanted a pay increase so they got fired. Welp.

Oh and George Calombaris is a wage thief on top of it all to the tune of at least 7.8 million, tons of unpaid OT to his restaurant workers.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-07-24/george-calombaris-master-chef-judge-fine-too-light/11341096

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

hanales posted:

It’s gonna almost be like a surreal time capsule, jam packed restaurant with people talking in strangers faces.

It's probably going to give me huge anxiety knowing that they are all ignorant to the sudden, irreversible changes that are yet-to-come for them...

fakeedit: also :lol: you must not be a yank because every restaurant is packed in America :smithicide:

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

It's probably going to give me huge anxiety knowing that they are all ignorant to the sudden, irreversible changes that are yet-to-come for them...

fakeedit: also :lol: you must not be a yank because every restaurant is packed in America :smithicide:

I live in Cleveland and they are running low capacity everywhere, and we are still probably going to shut down. It’s nothing like it was.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

hanales posted:

I live in Cleveland and they are running low capacity everywhere, and we are still probably going to shut down. It’s nothing like it was.

I work for a major restaurant chain and we are within a few percent of sales year-to-year. Fast food is doing even better. Most jurisdictions have pretty much abandoned effective policy beside limiting restaurant capacity, and almost all restaurants had twice as much capacity as they ever used. Tennessee, Florida, and Texas, for example, are basically operating unrestricted. The people who are getting hosed over are local businesses and small franchises that do not have the economies of scale to survive the plague and economic downturn...

The only thing that's really changed is that the big corporations have figured out they can do the same amount of work with a quarter of the people and that will never go back to how it was before.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Hmm, of all places to stick this. Seems surprising nobody has posted this one yet...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Gh_8zwJfxw

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Anne Whateley posted:

this show always has a scene where he does some completely unnecessary adventure sport while talking about how it's absolutely required.

He does that in Great Escape too, here he goes caving to get birds' nests for soup. All seven episodes are on youtube; 3 in India, Cambodia, Malaysia, Vietnam, and Thailand. It's some of his very best work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hr75cR1yWE&t=1809s

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
My friend here in Cleveland has been accepted for masterchef. Excited to hear the behind the scenes stories when she’s done!

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

I've started watching and caught up with the current HK. It's pretty standard formula poo poo. You're not missing out on anything

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/GordonRamsay/status/1343611434073169920?s=20

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I'll believe it when I see it. FOX has established a borderline abusive relationship with their setting/last minute changing of scheduled airdates

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

:lol: filmed in vegas so they can ignore covid rules :lol:

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

ded posted:

:lol: filmed in vegas so they can ignore covid rules :lol:

No, filmed in ye olde 2019.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

I started watching a little bit after it started airing on ITV2 in October. It's nice, the swearing isn't bleeped out

Wikipedia posted:

Prior to the United States premiere, the season began airing in the United Kingdom in October 2020 on ITV2.[4][5]

Let's just say I don't usually watch this stuff live on the air but download after it airs, regardless where it aired. It's the only way to watch Masterchef Australia in the US after all

e: i won't spoil anything, other than just stating the obvious - it's pretty standard hell's kitchen but in Las Vegas

Scrotum Modem fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Dec 29, 2020

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Scrotum Modem posted:

e: i won't spoil anything, other than just stating the obvious - it's pretty standard hell's kitchen but in Las Vegas

I'd pay for the streaming service that brings MCAus to the USA, the extended format is just so much more interesting than the one show a week in the US.

The format has been evolving every season, but it is basically:

Start of week:
Mystery box challenge/invention test. Winning the mystery box gives an advantage in the invention test.
Bottom 3 contestants from the invention test must perfectly recreate a complicated recipe in a pressure test. Loser is eliminated.
The best contestants from the invention test compete against a professional chef. Winner gets an immunity pin.
Team challenge.
Bottom teams cook to stay alive in a clever challenge.
Masterclass. The judges and special guest demonstrate recipes and techniques. I swear by Marco Pierre White's Sauce Vierge, the pinnacle of stewed tomato recipes and dead loving simple.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

rujasu posted:

No, filmed in ye olde 2019.

Oh geez. Those poor contestants having to keep quiet about it all this time.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
Did anyone watch the new HK tonight? God as stupid as this show is, I absolutely love it.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Cyril Sneer posted:

Did anyone watch the new HK tonight? God as stupid as this show is, I absolutely love it.

:same:

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Thanks for the notification, a lot of my shows start this month and hits hard to keep track when is what.

I'm not gonna have much to watch for the rest of the year after a couple months.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Cyril Sneer posted:

I enjoyed it. Highlight was my wife saying "I wonder if they'll show an ambulance or somebody in a bikini in this teaser video" followed by both those things happening almost back-to-back.

Big D seems pretty cool so far so I'm pulling for him.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

A Fancy Hat posted:

I enjoyed it. Highlight was my wife saying "I wonder if they'll show an ambulance or somebody in a bikini in this teaser video" followed by both those things happening almost back-to-back.

Big D seems pretty cool so far so I'm pulling for him.

I haven’t watched it yet but did something happen FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER IN HELLS KITCHEN?????

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

hanales posted:

I haven’t watched it yet but did something happen FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER IN HELLS KITCHEN?????

Yes, they showed the ambulance preview. And it was just the paramedics arriving in Las Vegas for the first time ever.

Kwatz
Aug 14, 2008

Love that Gordon just has a crate of shrimp tossed off a helicopter to announce the daily challenge.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.

Kwatz posted:

Love that Gordon just has a crate of shrimp tossed off a helicopter to announce the daily challenge.

I love how they tried to make it seem dramatic and exciting even though the helicopter was clearly not even close.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
This is the stupidest show I've seen every episode of

Kwatz
Aug 14, 2008

Cyril Sneer posted:

I love how they tried to make it seem dramatic and exciting even though the helicopter was clearly not even close.

Yeah, there was literally nothing dramatic happening there. The fact that the crate didn’t really break that well and was clearly full of fake stunt shrimp didn’t help.

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

This is the stupidest show I've seen every episode of

:hmmyes:

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

I've watched previous seasons but not super closely and was wondering did usually everyone get knives to take home? Was just wondering about that after the most recent episode

Kwatz
Aug 14, 2008

I’m pretty sure that they gave the contestants knife sets in previous seasons.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

They usually get knives, appliances, and the people towards the end get a spending spree for poo poo they can’t afford on a real chefs salary.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Nick Soapdish posted:

I've watched previous seasons but not super closely and was wondering did usually everyone get knives to take home? Was just wondering about that after the most recent episode

For as far back as I can remember, they always get the Henckel knives.

Though it did occur to me that Kenneth was eliminated before they were shown as receiving them- so maybe he's the first guy ever not to get them? (possibly excepting seasons before this was a thing- I can't say to a certainty that this goes back to the beginning of the series)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
If anyone wants to see someone dead inside that got stiffed of their money, I present exhibit A:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJkDuPrIkPA

Popoto fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Jan 17, 2021