Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
If he's all "where's the chicken???" and you say "two more minutes, chef," he also loses his poo poo. You haven't seen that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
I'm pretty sure they only do one seating most of the time, which hopefully wouldn't take that long.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
No, Gordon tweeted earlier that Kitchen Nightmares is returning on April 11, MasterChef in May, Hotel Hell in July.

e: jinx!

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Nope, it is a revisit apparently.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

liltimshady posted:

10 donkeys down, 9 to go.

Halfway through and I still don't know who the frontrunners are. Sad.
I think the cute guy is good, right? Like one of the quiet ones who flies below the radar and ends up making it to the finale. And Joy. If she doesn't flip out and start drama, I think she could win.

Anton always confuses the poo poo out of me because his voice is the same as old Chef Scott's. I miss him :(

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
I hadn't realized Joe used to be fat but holy poo poo thank you for bringing that to my attention. He pulls off his persona pretty well now, but he was supergoon.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
What the gently caress did she think the squid was? Ugh, she gets on my nerves.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Keshia and especially Gabriel dodged an insane bullet tonight. He couldn't have cut them both and kept Sandra?

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
I want the part where Anton gets owned by Andi to be true, though :allears: Calling your superior a "little girl" makes it beyond clear that Anton isn't fit to work in, much less command, any kitchen with women. Or human beings. Or food.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

KennyMan666 posted:

I think you need to be reminded that Elise made it to the final three.
loving Petrozza made it to the last two. Hen in a pumpkin anyone? :downs:

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
I don't understand how you're rooting for Anton now. Gonna be good watching him get his rear end handed to him tonight.

e: god I love the taste test, everyone is always loving braindead

Anne Whateley fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jun 13, 2014

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

Ghostpilot posted:

Wow, he's really cutting them some slack by allowing an answer of "beef" to "filet mignon."
He gave them tiny cubes -- there's no way you could identify a specific cut of beef that way.

Twee as gently caress posted:

I was only half-watching last week, did he do something really bad that I missed?
He's just a permanent rear end in a top hat, and last week they teased a showdown with him calling Chef Andi a little girl who couldn't boss him around or something. I think Gabriel is going (it's a miracle he's lasted this long), but I want to watch Anton put in his place hard.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
I think Scott is really good, we should see him in the final few. Joy is looking like a likely winner. Rochelle should go farther than people are saying.

Keshia, Gabriel, Jason, and Anton are more than ready to go.

And yeah that was a super inadequate rear end-handing. He saved the worst stuff for interviews (because he's all mouth) so they didn't have a good reason to kick him harder. But Jesus, the thought of that dude in charge of a kitchen. Or anyone, really.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
I don't even remember Rochelle being homesick. She just said "oh I want a family someday" and everyone went :byodame: WOMEN

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
I think they knew it was a bullshit reason to put her up, they just latched onto it to try to get rid of competition.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

Basebf555 posted:

Andi yelling at him like that was unnecessary considering he had already been chided by Ramsay
Did I miss something? Gordon pulled him into the fridge and gave him a talking-to after he went toe-to-toe with Andi.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

1st AD posted:

The fix is in but at least Ahran called it out for what it was, even though she seemed really intimidated by Joe challenging her, "well why do you think there's favoritism on our part?"

She should've just blurted out because she's a telegenic white girl, would've loved to see his reaction to that.
The one thing Joe is good at is being a tremendous loving douchebag. He would've shaken his head and said "And you're saying you're not pretty. Hope you can cook" while walking away.

I am legit surprised Leslie didn't suck, let alone that he did well. Mr. Malibu making donuts?

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
He's not even remotely known for his cooking. I mean I'm sure he can cook better than me, but he's introduced as a "restaurateur" and even then it's because of his mom. The most that he's actually publicly proven is that if you give him a shitload of someone else's money, he can invest it in good restaurants. That's what he's known for.

e: or did you mean Mr. Malibu :downs: In that case I'm mostly surprised he blew everyone away at donuts and not at, I don't know, kale smoothies.

Anne Whateley fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jun 18, 2014

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Also with the shirt-changing.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
I don't remember what happened, but I thought there was bad blood between them going in, so his mispronunciation of her name seemed deliberate (to her and to me). Then he was just a huge rear end in a top hat with the world's most sarcastic apology, saying she had to respect him when he didn't give enough of a poo poo to get her name right, she had to say please and thank you when he'd been barking orders at her for half the challenge . . . just a total rear end in a top hat. If she were a little older she hopefully would've stayed cool enough to respond instead of getting so angry and frustrated she cried, but I totally understand why she did.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

Bob Morales posted:

So according to the commercial I saw last night for MasterChef, "for the first time in history someone presents the judges with a dish that they didn't cook."

How the gently caress would that even work out? Someone helping someone else? Did they find a Lean Cuisine in the MasterChef pantry?
Given the usual edits, it's going to be a raw salad or a ceviche or something.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
My face would've visibly fallen when they announced "and a second MasterChef champion!" and brought out Alexander instead of Christine.

Do you think anyone's dumb enough to think a pannacotta isn't cooked? Probably not, I hope?

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Hardcore aerial work is insane, whether it's pole or silks -- like it should seriously be an Olympic sport.

IIRC Courtney actually billed herself as a "stripper" or "exotic dancer" for the first few episodes before switching to "aerial dancer." That makes me think it's not the most legit claim.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
My favorite was when the GM was all, "I don't have hotel experience, but I was a restaurant manager so it's not too different," and Gordon got pissy because it's sooooo different that restaurant->hotel experience doesn't translate.

Meanwhile Gordon is doing Hotel Hell. . . .

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
The boxed pasta was obviously also part of the competition since it was in the pantry. Good boxed pasta isn't bad anyway, I think it's more that using it when you have an hour is laziness or just not taking the opportunity to shine. I don't think it would even be possible to make pasta from scratch in that half an hour, since the dough has to rest. I just don't think Barilla is automatically make or break -- depends on the rest of the dish. For what it's worth, Joe Bastianich's Eataly is packed with every possible shape of Barilla.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Past seasons of Hotel Hell have been on Hulu as they aired. It might just take more than 24 hours to go up?

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
I still can't believe anyone would marry Jason, let alone that she did. Not that she's a model, but she's still leagues above him, and that's before considering his personality.

PS look at me callin' it

Anne Whateley posted:

I think the cute guy is good, right? Like one of the quiet ones who flies below the radar and ends up making it to the finale. And Joy. If she doesn't flip out and start drama, I think she could win.

Anne Whateley posted:

I think Scott is really good, we should see him in the final few. Joy is looking like a likely winner. Rochelle should go farther than people are saying.

Anne Whateley fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Jul 25, 2014

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Hahaha these guys are loving insane for picking Chris, Anton, and whatshisname before Rochelle, Melanie, Keshia. Except for feuds, don't finalists usually mostly choose in reverse order of elimination?

liltimshady posted:

She's not his wife, she's his girlfriend...But your point still stands.
Well, that's good, she has time to escape!

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Throwing her out is going to clinch it for Scott. Gordon will see he has standards and he can take charge and make tough calls. Jason thinks he should've thrown Sandra out, but he was too much of a whining wuss to actually do it.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
When did champagne become "water pistols, but fancy"?

Ghostpilot posted:

My being able to understand every word and colloquialism Keisha uttered is all the proof that I've been in the South far too long.
This is a loving superpower, dude. I'm not the world's best with accents but I seriously need a subtitle on every sentence she says.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
GBS Gordon worship thread, not wrong

Ghostpilot posted:

Not even close. Phil gives zero fucks. I know Ramsay has a brother that was a drug addict, but alcoholism is far, far harder to kick.
His brother is still a homeless heroin addict. Not sure heroin is easier to quit than booze.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
When he was a kid, his mom was a cocktail waitress there. I definitely think this is when he developed his weird fixation.

When he was in his 30s and the owner was in her 60s, they married. She died, he got all her money and the hotel.

Now he's dating the hotel's general manager, who's also 30 years older than him.

The most interesting/telling/crazy thing to me is that it's not like he found a girlfriend somewhere else and installed her as the GM. He started dating this one, who had been at the hotel since the early '70s. So she was super aware of all this poo poo, she probably knew him as a kid, she definitely had a front-row seat when he got involved with the owner, and she still got in on that. That's what I really want to know about. "Oh honey, you're my second choice among all the women 30 years older than me who work at this hotel."

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
I thought that was a Hotel Hell thing. I haven't noticed butt, but there has been a lot of shoulders and back. He's so down on himself, I think it has to be an obligation. Fox knows every housewife is all over it.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
You know what I really want, I want to be on set when they're talking Gordon into filming the credits sequences.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
That was amazing. I'm going to need a screenshot of him pulling back looking more horrified than a Boy Scout.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
I think they've figured out the FCC will let them say "semen" once per episode.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
If they built it all themselves, how are they $1m in debt?

The whole thing is super hosed, isn't it. There's no way she could buy him out and no way he'll stop doofusing around.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

1st AD posted:

Like later in the show the other brother, when asked how much money he made, was all "oh I uh, made a couple hundred bucks" and his wife lied and said $500.
Ha, I saw that differently. I thought stoner brother was being like "uhhh some" and his wife was actually on the ball enough to know. $500 would only be 34 admissions, which looked legit from the number of dancing weirdos we saw. I can't imagine there's a ton of overhead there either.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Well, it does say "Ramsay also has more than $8.4 million in personal guarantees sunk into the company."

But also, "The documents released only relate to Ramsay’s British business." Oh. Well, never mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Nothing has come out about the Joy thing afaik, but I hope we get the dirt someday.

Leslie is definitely the jerk of the season. "He antagonizes people" is a quick route to being the bad guy / the disliked rear end in a top hat.