Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
So, no Kitchen Nightmares tonight? What a shame.

My first ever entry in the most amazing Hell's Kitchen contest:

:ramsay: - 6
"IT'S RRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAWW" - 15
"BIG BOY!/STUPID COW!" - 5
"C'MERE!" - 35
"SHUT! IT! DOOOOWWWWWN!!!!" - 4
"GET OUT!!" - 10
General rear end-Kissing - 15
General Douchebaggery - 25
Food Smashed or Thrown - 8
Emotional Breakdown - 14
:jp: - 8
Misleading Preview Moments - 23

Also, holy poo poo, whoever said that the theme for this season's opener is "noir comic book" wasn't actually joking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Mike literally threw his poo poo in the microwave for like five minutes and then plated it, and he's offended enough that Ramsay isn't interested that he's going to start whining? Dude's gonna be GONE

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Guaranteed that Richard makes it to the black jackets and is one of the first two to be kicked after that.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

As it often happens on Hell's Kitchen, there's a bullshit tie.

Also, Ralph is super creepy.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Does the "BIG BOY" count if it's from JP?

It really should.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Is Jason just going to be a fatter, sweatier, punnier Russell?

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Kammat posted:

We're in for another blue side disaster season aren't we?

If they get rid of Mike fast, I don't think they're necessarily a dumpster fire. And Nicole's a trainwreck, too.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Ghostpilot posted:

It's been awhile sine last season, but has there been a start this rough?

Honestly doesn't seem noticeably worse than the majority of Hell's Kitchen opening dinner services. They're almost always disasters.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

I like the new rule that the men's voting only counts if they use a dumb nickname when they vote and they whip out the finger-guns, too.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Nobody's really shown enough personality yet to deserve support, but that's not going to stop me from rooting for Jason, Old Guy, and Melanie.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

"SOMEBODY'S GONNA DIE!" in the previews = JP riding a tricycle.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Oh poo poo, a blue team win already? :stare:

Edit: "azul" team

surf rock fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Mar 21, 2014

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Zero Star posted:

Agreed. What we need is some kind of "I want to stay" cliche bingo card for this thread.

Here are some squares to get us started:

"I'm a fighter!" (free square)
"I fought back!"
"I have so much passion!"
"I'll never do that again!"
"I learn from my mistakes!"
"I haven't peaked!"
"[Other chef] should be up here!"
"I'm not ready to go home tonight!"
"I'm a better chef than [other chef]!"
"This is the first time I've been up here!"
"This is the toughest decision I have EVER made!"
Chefs bicker during the elimination
Chef swears not to make excuses; makes excuses
Chef lies
Chef says they should stay because of (academic credientials, past kitchen experience)
Camera cuts away to other chef grinning inappropriately
Camera cuts away to surprised non-white person with bulging eyes
"Give me your jacket" fake-out
Ramsay eliminates someone not nominated
Ramsay mulls aloud whether he should eliminate someone for their own good (physical/mental health)
Ramsay criticizes chef for something other than cooking ability
Ramsay's concluding speech is a joke/pun

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Sighence posted:

Took surf rock's suggestions, some from others, and added a few of my own, then used an online generator:

http://imgur.com/a/8lZjI

Ten cards, should be enough for people.

Oh man, these are great. I can't wait for the next episode.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Sighence posted:

Main episode bingo cards:

http://imgur.com/a/DiVDt

And elimination segment bingo reposted from upthread:

http://imgur.com/a/8lZjI

I call the third Donkey Bingo card.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Hahaha, classic blue team win = completely meaningless.

Also, anyone else just have a "Mary has a little lamb" flashback?

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

JoshGuitar posted:

So far, Melanie is one of my favorites. She seems to have a cool-rear end personality in the talking head interviews, and she's pretty cute too ;). This is 0% based in cooking skill, on accounta we haven't seen enough to judge there yet.

Calling it: Melanie is the new Dana. I'm gonna go with her, Ralph and Jason this season. It's a pretty weak group of personalities so far, though.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Spalding posted:

Does she yell speak too?

No, but:

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Dang, I didn't even get close to a "donkey." I did get seven squares, though, so maybe someone else did?

Edit:

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

TheChad posted:

It's really just a vehicle for 'angry ramsey screams at idiots'. Near the end you are usually left with a few competent chefs I guess.

The first half of the season is my favorite. :)

The first half of a Hell's Kitchen season is the most entertaining because of all the loving bizarre people and hilarious gently caress-ups. The last three to four episodes are also usually pretty good because the really talented chefs are still around and they get a lot more attention since they're the only ones left. Unless there's a really good "villain" around, the late-middle of the season tends to drag for me.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Well, there's our gratuitous half-naked shot of the token pretty chef for this season.

Fortunately for Melanie, she also seems to be one of the best chefs this season. Thinking she makes it to black jackets, at the very least.

Incidentally, DeMarco kinda won me over with his reason for competing. I just wish he were less of a gently caress-up.

surf rock fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Apr 11, 2014

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Postal Parcel posted:

Have you seen this show before?
That's like asking if every challenge needs to be a tie. The answer is yes.

Somewhere, a crazy person has tallied the results of every single Hell's Kitchen challenge to figure out what percentage of them were a tie heading into the final competition. I would be willing to bet good money that it would be 90% or higher.

Also, Gabriel sucks.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

This is like a year-long nervous meltdown. I feel like I'm enabling a soon-to-be murder-suicide by watching this.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

"Gordon Ramsay is a pansy!" ~ Things That Nobody Thinks

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Brock Samson posted:

PLEASE

Although what about that sexual assault charge she tried to place against him?

:catdrugs: MEN IN THE KITCHEN! BIG EGOS BUMPING AGAINST EACH OTHER! :catdrugs:

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Zero One posted:

Last time he opened on a Sunday was before I was born.

The idea of a pizza place being closed on Sunday is just :gonk:

Are they trying to go out of business?

Edit: Oh wow, I didn't even notice the "no delivery" thing. That's literally insane.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Holy gently caress, THAT'S the thin crust!? This old guy must be blind.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Mad Dragon posted:

I love how these guys are always like: "Chef Ramsay doesn't know what he's talking about. He's never had real [food] before!"

It blows my mind. It's like a Pop Warner quarterback getting throwing tips from Aaron Rodgers, and the kid being like "I don't know what Rodgers thinks he knows about tossing the ol' pigskin, but I'm pretty drat sure that I've got things under control here. That prettyboy should just go back to State Farm while I run this offense. :smug:"

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

1st AD posted:

The owner was surprisingly into making changes, I almost feel like his initial stubbornness was something he got coached into doing by the producers.

Honestly, I didn't think it was that unbelievable. Really, I've thought that the degree of persistent stubbornness we've seen in past episodes was way less likely than what we saw last night.

I mean, his wife literally said something like, "I've watched you be a stubborn rear end in a top hat for years and I will literally leave you IMMEDIATELY if you don't simply listen to this world-renowned chef" while his son is crying in the background. Maybe he was coached a little bit by the producers, but she threw down a pretty major gauntlet right there. I don't know anyone who's so stubborn that they'll ignore a serious divorce threat from their spouse of 30+ years like it's nothing.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Using these previews to set up Beth getting kicked pretty hard here.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

liltimshady posted:

Ralph's being a douche because he didn't get the leader position. :qq:

Beth...well, the editors are making one hell of an elimination edit.

Beth is terrible and needs to go, but on the other hand, that means that Melanie's team loses. Given that Melanie is awesome, that's unfortunate.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Actually, Ramsay was super-chill about Anton not bringing the food to him first, all things considered.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

OmegaBR posted:

One difference I always notice between KN and Restaurant Impossible - they always claim word has spread about Ramsay being in town, which causes the people to flock to the restaurant for a disastrous service, yet on RI they simply admit that Robert's brought the people in.

Honestly, if Ramsay came here to renovate a restaurant, I would at least consider going there and eating a presumably lovely meal for the chance to see him.

The relaunch dinner was really brief for this one, but apparently she didn't implode, so I don't know why you'd have to show a long service if everything went fine.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

CapnAndy posted:

I feel like Ramsay's thing for forcing any romantic relationship he sees to have a fairytale ending left a ticking time bomb at Kati Allo, though.

Because, seriously? A relationship where the husband comes home one day and goes "hey honey, I just spent all our savings on a huge commitment I know you don't want that's just obligated us to toil in an industry we don't know" is a bad loving relationship. The second they hit a downturn they're gonna go right back at each other's throats.

I dunno, if that happened a year or two ago I'd agree, but it happened 14 years ago. If that was going to be the ultimate deal-breaker (as it should have been), you would think she'd leave him a decade ago.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

GET OUT (of my way, please)

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

This is, bar none, the worst group of chefs in Hell's Kitchen history. Usually, there's like one or two competent chefs in the background of all the poo poo. This season, I can't identify even a single chef as reliable, let alone good. It seems like everyone's had a major gently caress-up moment already.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

I've finally realized why I enjoy watching the U.S. Kitchen Nightmares. Ramsay has his poo poo together and these people just don't, at all. Watching Ramsay try to understand how people can be this stupid and this lazy is just entertaining, week-in and week-out.

Edit: Everyone hates this head chef kid Trevor, but he doesn't actually seem that bad. Well, he's a piece of poo poo with his whole relationship with the owner's daughter, but at least he's not trying to bullshit Ramsay. I don't know how either of the chefs are set up to succeed. Literally everything is cheap and frozen, neither of them have any training, and I'm sure the reason that they're employed is because they're incredibly young and probably incredibly underpaid.

surf rock fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Apr 26, 2014

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Coconut Indian posted:

"They're not frozen. They start out as frozen."

I could watch this lady get her poo poo ruined for hours and hours.

"But I thought everyone liked Frozen!" :v:

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

"...The way that you are running this place is incorrect." :geno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Basebf555 posted:

He's really struggling for ways to get through to this one.

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > Hotel Hell's Kitchen Nightmare Masterthread Jr. - The way that you are running this place is incorrect

Ghostpilot posted:

Y'know. I may prefer Amy over this lady (Julie). I swear.

Amy obviously has several mental issues. Julie just sucks. It'll be painful watching this "inspirational turnaround" happen.