Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013
Surprised Joe didn't pop a blood vessel when she mispronounced "orecchiette".

e: "broccoli raab". He's moments from keeling over.

Whiz Palace fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Sep 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013
If only a late-game contestant got the "never stop cooking, we'll support you all the way!" speech, but then went "hell no, I'm never cooking again. I'm gonna go home and bury all of my pots and pans."

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013
1. Didn't he say seven kids in yesterday's episode?

2. He's Melissa Joan Hart's stepdad?

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013
Original theme song is back, at least!

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013
On that note, I'm kind of disappointed his mom didn't make an appearance this season.

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013
There's some more blood in this stone!

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013
La Tasha can't deal with how incredibly white this is.

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013

Grin and Tonic posted:

Wow, the part where he offers a really down on his luck chef a chance at a job is incredible.

The chef deleted his account after people found out he was an MRA.

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013

Flyinglemur posted:

I would spend 3 months cooking nothing but Scallops, Risotto and Beef Wellington in preparation.

Won't save you when they surreptitiously crank your oven to 800 degrees halfway through cooking.

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013
The Chappelle's Show reference in yesterday's episode just felt right, you know?

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013
Gordon said something like "I'm getting into the spirit of the Delta" and seriously thought he was going to do Tropic Thunder blackface.

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013
I held out hope to the last second that they would actually eliminate him. Just like how I always hoped that they would eliminate two (or more) contestants an episode, as promised.

I still want them to do one Hell's Kitchen where he eliminates everyone in the first episode.

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013
Like the thread's other idea for a season of Hell's Kitchen to end half-way into episode six with Gordon just sending everyone home.

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013

Mordiceius posted:

Are seasons 17/18 as bad as this or was season 16 just an especially obnoxious crew?

Season 18 was a bit better because it was "Rookies vs. Veterans" so you got savvier people with familiar faces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013
I watched Gordon, Gino and Fred's Road Trip on a plane ride. It was... okay. I've only seen Gino D'Acampo's solo shows where he's relatively sensible but his UK "character" is apparently a loutish idiot, which I'm not a fan of.

Also, is this the first show that makes hay of Gordon being ethnically Scottish? His episode is all about it, but I don't think it comes up that often.