Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
The birthday cake challenge was hilariously disastrous. Even more of a joke than MC Canada's. The winner of that challenge made the most supermarket looking chocolate/peanut butter cake and spelled birthday wrong on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
They want that Derrick and Stephen finale badly. I could see Claudia replacing Stephen, but Derrick is a lock to win based on how much credit he is given even when he doesn't win something.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

DurosKlav posted:

Favorite part last night was them having to scrape the bottom of the barrel to find something to knock Derrik for. RAW SAGE YOU COULD BE GOING HOME TONIGHT!

Hetal saying that Derrick and Katrina screwed up their ravioli worse than she did and she still has a chance.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I completely forgot Courtney won last season. I thought it was the woman who was actually Luca's runner-up.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Slightly Toasted posted:

Haven't they done layer cakes already this year

Even the competitors are like "of course it's a dessert in the pressure test."

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Brocktoon posted:

EDIT: HEY DID YOU GUYS KNOW DAN WAS IN A FRAT????

Holy poo poo, thank you. This annoyed me more than anyone else this season. If your personality is 'frat bro' when you've been out of university for years then what.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Elise, Barbie, Nutbush. :eyepop: I haven't watched HK in years but that's the holy trinity I need.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
This season of Masterchef Canada has been pretty chill. The frontrunner is a snaggletoothed teenager who’s so charmingly not ‘made for TV’ :3:

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
"Chelsea, i haven't given up hope and neither should you."

"...We're out of chicken."

:laffo:

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Emily choosing to not save herself and then get her rear end handed to her by Shannika was some amazing schadenfreude.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

I know right?

I expected each judge to get a person in the final 3 for the narrative of it all but I thought the actual winner was going to be fodder.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Sam and Renee may be two of the most useless people they've ever casted on Masterchef

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

SolarFire2 posted:

Okay, how many competitions in a row has Bri been in the bottom tier? I'm beginning to smell a conspiracy.

My conspiracy is they kept her in over Fred because the plating challenge was next.

Also Subha's strategy of being 2nd worst every challenge is going really well.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Shneak posted:

Also Subha's strategy of being 2nd worst every challenge is going really well.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I haven't seen Paula Deen since her controversy so gently caress Masterchef for giving her a platform. Also who decided to make auditions—the worst part of the season—3 episodes long?

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Has anyone else noticed an insane amount of ADR on Masterchef this season? And often it's Ramsey clarifying the rules to a challenge when the edit shows someone failing it.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

J-Spot posted:

I hope they actually do the varied challenges again this year. The legends format last year got kind of stale.

Covid restrictions keeping them in the kitchen soured that season. It seems like they will be doing team challenges on public again based on the preview.

Anyways I'm already exhausted by Derek again.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Dropping steaks on the ground and putting them on the grill in an all-stars season? :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

oshuaj posted:

Pretty underwhelming season of MasterChef overall, in my opinion

It sucked. A majority of this cast felt like filler and Brynn and Nina got robbed. I don't remember a finale where they had so many criticisms for the final three. Kennedy felt like the winner through the entire season and had incredible final dishes, too bad she vaporized that cake.