Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Luigi Thirty posted:

True but I do enjoy watching him scream at people who clearly don't get it while being supportive to the staff that do.

And then relax with a nice long shower scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hell's Kitchen is pretty much the only one of these shows I really enjoy, so I am very happy to hear this news.

May someone finally outdo trash pasta this year.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Catching up, holy moley, he liked more then half the signature dishes, that's gotta be a first.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

There was like one season where they forgot to put enough anchors on apps and they almost finished the first service right?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

dovetaile posted:

Is it possible to put everyone up for elimination?

Can't do that yet, gotta make sure the hate really builds and makes the terrible loons think that everyone's out to get them.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

OmegaBR posted:

I'll be honest, I thought it would be Nicole, or at least not him, despite the finger thing. Maybe if he had a little more bass in his voice.

Guarov was a lump who didn't defend himself, while Nicole is a bucket of unstable who will make every episode she's on hilarious until her stunning incompetence is finally ejected.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

liltimshady posted:

But she needs to cook to gently caress poo poo up long enough to get kicked out in the first black jacket service.

She seems more like an Aaron or Raj level incompetent. There to totally sink their team, provide quality drama, and get ejected once the boring and incompetent people are gone (so like 3rd service).

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

subroc posted:

I miss the quail eggs. People used to screw those up royally in the early rounds.

I miss when they'd mention desserts as if they were a thing that exists in those early episodes.

Future black jacket wearers looking bored and disappointed way in the background of every shot...

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Arms_Akimbo posted:

We started watching season 6 on DVD tonight and its the same footage they used back in episode 2 of that season.

I'm pretty sure they re-use the same footage constantly.

I wonder just how few cars overall they've used for the start of service quick cuts.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I love they forced in that awkwardly awful segment about DeMarco's abandonment issues before promptly cutting him.

Good use of that angle editors.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

raditts posted:

If my program guide is to be believed, only one hour of that is ABC: Reloaded.

I'd expect them to show the prior episode first unless they aired it like last week.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I love this men's team. Can we have them forever?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Just started watching this. Thank christ they got rid of the audition episodes.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Tired Moritz posted:

So which is the worst and the best hell's kitchen season? Sudden craving to watch Gordon shout at people but I don't wanna accidentally watch a poo poo season.

Season 4 was probably my favorite. Was before the lunatics they'd bring in were complete cartoon characters, and had probably the most competent, nicest dude in the show's history.

For worst... probably 9 or 10. 9 had probably the most aggressively irritating contestant, while 10 upped the ante with a team of 3 horrific pieces of trash. 8 also has Raj, which is probably the lamest gimmick character the producers pulled, but in comparison to the later two seasons, the loon is far tamer and the ending is absolutely fantastic.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mmmhmm.

Coincidentally, season 4 also ends in a bearhug, but that was because the producers hosed up and both doors were unlocked.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Raj lasted like 3 episodes without ever doing anything to demonstrate competence, so I could see him being a plant.

Most of the others who left in an episode without being eliminated just seemed like they were having panic attacks. Which, considering who they go for outside of the top contestants, seems like a reasonable explanation.

The capable rear end in a top hat contestants that last until black jackets every season just seem like what you get when you lock a bunch of people in a small space with a lot of booze and stress.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

raditts posted:

Did that dude put Fruity Pebbles on one of his donuts?

e: That's really weird that two people thought they had filling in their donuts but didn't. How does that happen?

They probably didn't teach them that you have to apply significant pressure to fill a donut during the classes and they were probably being overly cautious because rupturing one would be a significant detriment.

ntan1 posted:

Australian Masterchef, on the other hand, is great.

I want to give it a shot, but I was overhearing a friend watch the beginning of season five and the winning team had a bandaid in their entree.

It does have a nicer atmosphere though.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

dovetaile posted:

Soo, does Rock not have a job? Because it seems like all I ever see him do is be on Hell's Kitchen.

Apparently he's jumped around a bunch, and was on some other cooking show earlier this year, won it, then turned down the prize for whatever reason.

Who knows.

Ghostpilot posted:

Is this happening? A Hell's Kitchen calender? People still use traditional calenders?

Also wow, Rock gets brought back often. He must be the crown jewel of HK.

No, that was the saddest of staged things. Everyone involved looked embarrassed.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Coconut Indian posted:

I missed the HK episode and fox is refusing to load the video online. Can someone please tell me exactly why Joy left? She had it out with Ramsay I gather but about what?

She kept loving up communication with the garnish station. She also hosed up cooking a dish or two and the breakdown happened when she walked up with some fish, but didn't tell whomever was on garnish and Ramsey yelled at her about needing the garnish first. At which point she snapped back, he lit into her and she totally melted down.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Anne Whateley posted:

Hahaha these guys are loving insane for picking Chris, Anton, and whatshisname before Rochelle, Melanie, Keshia. Except for feuds, don't finalists usually mostly choose in reverse order of elimination?

Nah, there's usually at least a slight gender bias.

Chris first is laugh-o, but he didn't end up with having to pick Sandra, so whatever.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I love the seasons where the last person brought back is such a loving trainwreck that the last challenge is more important then the final service.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Sandra is so loving happy Jason didn't win.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Looks like 3, Steak, Burgr and Pub & Grill.

The latter two would compete with each other, but there's so many of those types of restaurants everywhere that I really doubt it matters.

Steak on the other hand is your fu fu $70 entree kind of place that Ramsey's image tries to push, so yeah, probably can't have multiple of those in the same area.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

If Hotel Hell has taught us anything; whenever you enter a hotel room with a blacklight.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Basebf555 posted:

It seemed like Ramsay eventually started to pity the old guy. I think after he saw the old pictures and heard the story of how the place got built he realized the guy wasn't always this way. An empty husk of a man is hard to get mad at, I think Ramsay kinda felt bad for him. Its the sons that really pissed Gordon off.

He's an old dude who's spent the last god knows how long doing little besides smoking up and his family hasn't done anything about it in this long. It's clear he isn't going to change nor is his ex-wife / kids going to kick him out, so it's time for $500 of overstock.com clearance items and a rug shampooer to solve all their problems.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Davros1 posted:

Can I get some back story on this? I've seen it discussed, but I don't know from what show, what was the context, etc?

Thanks.

For the first few masterchef seasons they did auditions, American Idol style, where shlubs would come in, prepare a dish, then get criticized by the 3. If they were going to get on the show, they'd also go through a godawful segment about the hardships in their life.

First season, that dude came in, and then Gordon tried to drain the oil from those potatoes. They did not pass their audition.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Red Warrior posted:

Amish Mafia has to be the worst, the show in which the totally real participants are fine with being filmed threatening people's lives and also are directly implied to have 'disappeared' someone, among many other illegal acts every episode.

Oh come on, the commercials for that are the best:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Pretty sure Season 2 was what gave us "212 kills the bacteria" after one of the ladies makes trash pasta, which has been ricocheting through my brain for over a decade at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah if I remember that season, the red team has a comical losing streak and 4 of the 6 black jackets started on the blue team, and a 5th was on it for at least part of the season