Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Quite honestly, considering the restaurant industry. Making them pass a drug test to get the prize at the end is kind of a fun way to not have to let any of them work in the restaurant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Not sure if anyone noticed or not. But they used the SAME ambulance footage in the "Next time on hell's kitchen" segment the last 2 episodes. LOL

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Does the crew really gently caress around with the ovens and the burners causing all the undercooked/overcooked food?

I doubt if the crew needs to gently caress with the equipment to get a handful of fuckups during a dinner service.

Honestly, these people are probably good chefs outside of Hells Kitchen. But you put them in an incredibly high stress situation, wake them up at every hour of the night, and have chef Ramsay yelling at them constantly, people are going to say gently caress it and make a mistake.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

LOL, Samoan is a 43 year old buffet cook, she made it far in life!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

In a totally surprising twist, this challenge wasn't the actual challenge.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

drat, Simone told JP no when he asked if she wanted to raise the flag...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Everyone dies this episode.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

drat, putting raw food into the same pan as cooked food. These chefs...

Edit - "chefs"

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Basebf555 posted:

Maybe its just because of all the actor talk from earlier today in the thread, but she feels like she's acting to me.

She just seems like someone who's completely given up but has just enough pride in herself not to just walk out. Or maybe there's enough incentive from the producers to not walk out, that's she's just hanging out until she gets eliminated.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

OmegaBR posted:

Taco Bell breakfast? mmm mmmmm

Sure beats the lovely food these people are cooking!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Hope everybody enjoys waiting until next week to see who gets eliminated...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Oh poo poo, it was a total fakeout...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I kind of wish the episodes were as exciting as the previews usually are...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

drat having to roll up $200,000 in pennies has got to be horrible...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Basebf555 posted:

I swear I've never seen this Scott guy before where did he come from.

He's one of the competent chefs that can't get any airtime because of all the gently caress ups.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Maybe he just wants to eat a couple crab cakes? Why do you gotta chew him out for it?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

drat, he didn't even shake Gordon's hand...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Kalli posted:

I love they forced in that awkwardly awful segment about DeMarco's abandonment issues before promptly cutting him.

Good use of that angle editors.

That's apparently part of basic Reality TV editing. Give something for the viewer to latch on to before getting rid of the guy.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Propaganda Machine posted:

Is this still on Netflix? I highly recommend it. Kind of an opposite to Kitchen Nightmares, incredibly genuine and charming.

It is still on Netflix, burning through it now. Would love to see an American version. More so if it featured Gordon Ramsey being a nice guy. Fox seems to have missed how likable he is as a nice guy

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

He lost his weight and now he's losing his show!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Yea right, a live TV show with a guy that says gently caress every 10 words. Gonna be fun for the guys in the booth bleeping everything during the delay.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Really dumb to get rid of Kanae instead of Heather. Seems Heather was a trainwreck the whole time and managed to find something relatively easy to save herself...

While Kanae actually did okay and tried to do something unique in the final round. Also Kanae is actually a likable person...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Heather was such a trainwreck, adds more to the Kanae should have got to stick around for another week instead.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

I mean, you never know what happened in editing, but she sure seemed to implode over the last two.

Well sure, but I doubt they managed to edit that she broke her yoke and her hollandaise while serving an eggs Benedict... Also admitted to not having cooked Duck or Quail the week before.

Now I haven't made Duck or Quail, but I'm also not trying to win a chef position at a Ramsey restaurant for the 2nd time.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Probably totally different direction than this thread is used too but... Gordon Ramsey made a burger for his 10 million Youtube celebration... apparently the secret to a good burger is lots of butter, salt, and pepper! Also has Sean Evans at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v191Y8AUk6w

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Food network should have picked up Gordon instead of Fox, then we could have had a chance.

No way is Fox ever going to try to have some sincere heartfelt reality TV.

Also, if you still want sincere Gordon, he has a pretty fun YouTube channel... Most of it is clips from the British shows, but he also just does some random cooking bits too. Even had HK Mia do a few cooking things recently...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Great Escape is one of the shows he's thrown up clip by clip on his YouTube channel. I'm sure it's not the whole thing, but it's all the good bits.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Anne Whateley posted:

I liked the part where Gordon was like "and just a little touch of butter in there," and dropped literally half a stick into one entree

That's the secret to fine dining. LOTS AND LOTS of butter.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Hmm, of all places to stick this. Seems surprising nobody has posted this one yet...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Gh_8zwJfxw

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

hanales posted:

I haven’t watched it yet but did something happen FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER IN HELLS KITCHEN?????

Yes, they showed the ambulance preview. And it was just the paramedics arriving in Las Vegas for the first time ever.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Masterchef Legends. A third of the hopefuls get to audition for Emeril Lagasse, another 3rd get Curtis Stone... The last third, Paula "Butter on everything & N word" Dean... Seems like the last third got the short straw...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

A talking coyote posted:

Granted I haven’t watched the earlier seasons in a while, but is this the most lopsided the teams have been? Like did they pull these dudes out of a target food court?

I don't know, I haven't rewatched anything. But it's almost just typical Hell's Kitchen, the women come in strong for the first few weeks while the men are unable to do anything. Then the women fall apart and start fighting and the men come together and start working together... And then we all wonder why after 20 seasons and in 2021 do they still divide the teams by sex anyway?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Ramsay moves 1 or 2 people to the other team almost every season for some reason or another. Ramsay / the producers know it causes a bunch of drama and love doing it.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Most seasons they just do 2 days of auditions and then a 3rd day where they whittle down everyone to the actual field of masterchefs...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

From all their interviews and poo poo, that was probably one of the very few times Penn & Teller even ate dinner together...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Iron Crowned posted:

I don't remember seeing food make it to their table

Their sleight of hand is really top notch. They can put balls under clear cups and you don't even see them do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8osRaFTtgHo

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It's definitely an odd season of Masterchef with only having 1 challenge for a loving hour of TV show. Not sure when they had to pause the filming of the season for covid but it's really loving weird and lovely that there hasn't been any team challenges yet.

But also, Tay managed to serve Gordon Ramsay canned fruit and won the whole challenge.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Timby posted:

They suspended production in February 2020, I believe.

Well yea, you can see when they stopped production. But not really anything solid on when they actually did within the actual season. But it seems that they actually went into the season with this format in mind, with single cook elimination challenges. And none of the extra stuff that makes Masterchef more than Top Chef.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Has to suck being the one to send Gordon Ramsay's daughter a bad dish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Guess this was probably the filming cut with Masterchef with Mary Jayne suddenly being dropped from the competition for illness...