Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

looks like the new show "24 Hours to Hell and Back" starts Wednesday. It sounds like another Kitchen Nightmares but maybe nicer? heh I guess we'll find out

And a terrible new show name to go with the terrible new decor they gave that Italian restaurant. Ramsey in disguise was pretty funny though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
What's weird is that before the comp the judges were talking about how they would need to bake the chicken to make sure its done, but during the comp undercooked chicken can't be saved.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

24 Hours to Gordon is a totally bonkers show.

We never heard on answer if the guy's wife is giving him another chance but he was happy as hell just to have her there.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
24 Hours of Hell or whatever it's called featured a dog friendly restaurant and it was what you imagine but surprisingly without puddles or dog poo poo, they must have edited that out. I love my dog and take her lots of places but I don't want to eat at a dog friendly restaurant, that's disgusting.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
There is a dog friendly beer place (bar/retail) in town but the dogs have always been well behaved, it's clean, and they don't serve food. Health dept shut 'em down but let them reopen.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Hijinks Ensue posted:

So the preview for the next season of Hell's Kitchen sets things up as Rookies vs. Veterans. Not sure who all the vets will be but I see at least one face I recognize. Just as long as they don't bring back Robyn or Elise again.

I hope they bring back 2 Coolers.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I haven't watched KN in a few years and don't remember most of them but 2 Coolers is a friend of an aquaintance. I haven't seen him in a long time though.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
24 hours of the worst TV show title in history is playing games with the colors. The old food and decor are desaturated while the new food and decor are pumped to the point of blooming. Also Fred acts like he'd like to take the kid out back and go a few rounds.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

Hah I'm glad Shanika won. I'm not really a fan of either but I like seeing a rich white girl not realizing who she's fuckin with

I'm pretty sure Shanika is a designated finalist, along with Cesar, and one of Gordon's will get to the final 3, maybe Ashley.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Hijinks Ensue posted:

We had dinner at the Hell's Kitchen restaurant in Vegas tonight; Michelle, the winner from S17, was there making the rounds. We got to say hi and ask her some questions about the show, and my kid got his picture with her. And the food was fantastic.

How long did it take to be seated and served? I've always wondered.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

LadyPictureShow posted:

Well, color me surprised at tonight’s episode; did not see that first elimination coming.

I wouldn't have except they telegraphed it by having the heel suddenly turn nice.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
edit, nm

wormil fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Aug 31, 2018

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Bowen looked like a child caught standing next to a broken vase lying about not breaking it.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Bowen's pork chop looked well done, not just color which can't be trusted, but it looked firm when cut.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Turned on the tv last night just in time to see the winner announced so I deleted the episode off the dvr, no reason to watch it. Probably will delete the timer too. This is the first season I've watched since the the blind woman won by cooking rice.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Tired Moritz posted:

did people hate that blind woman so much

Why do you assume people hate her? That's random. I don't know anyone that hated her. She seemed nice and her ability to arrange plates attractively was impressive. The food looked good. But she did cook rice on almost every episode and in the finale. No one, blind or not, should win a cooking "competition" with white rice. Intellectually I know it's fake but doing stuff like that just rubs it in our face. That aside, the show is just not very good. I only watched this season because I was in the mood for a cooking competition. I also haven't watched Hell's Kitchen in years because I didn't like it, not because I "hate" anyone.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Davros1 posted:

Haven't watched the last few seasons of HK, and forgot that every challenge ends with a loving tie

Same, I remembered when Ramsay said he had to think about it. Could at least be a little less obvious.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Having a hard time getting into HK although this season is better than the last time I watched, which was years ago. I feel like these people are actually all chefs.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Bret's gnocchi looked like martian poop. Actually most of the dishes were fairly plain looking and those little cast iron dishes made them look like TV dinners.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Tired Moritz posted:

Is the new HK even good?

Is it a good TV show? No. The "contestants" are uninteresting and deliver plate after plate of undercooked or unseasoned food while the competitions feel manipulated and fixed. It made me feel stupid for watching it, so I quit. But if you just want to see GR yelling about raw chicken and throwing plates, it delivers. The new 24 Hours show is even worse but I still watch it to get my GR fix.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Kinae should have gotten a BJ. :bandwagon:

...but 24 Hours to Gordon was b-a-n-a-n-a-s this week! Extremely awkward staff meeting. :yikes:

Care to summarize? I didn't record this week.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I can't help but think those chefs all suck rear end or they wouldn't work at a restaurant so bad it's on TV for being awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Tired Moritz posted:

What episode/show is Gordon dressing up as an old lady? I need to see if there's any gifable moments

24 Hours of hell, or something like that. It's really awful, just watch the first 10 minutes.

I rewatched the first ever episode of Kitchen Nightmares then looked up the "chef" and apparently he's still a gently caress up and blames Ramsey as the reason random people beat him up. I kinda felt sorry for him as he was just a kid and didn't really deserve being made a clown on TV even if he is dumb as a brick.