Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Ghostpilot posted:

My eldest sister has lived in Utah for some 30+ years. Needless to say, she's familiar with the dish. Thankfully she's never attempted to put anyone into the hospital by making it.

Yet.

Better never piss her off, or the funeral potatoes will be coming for YOU! They work like voodoo, you just make the funeral potatoes then you bend down as close as you can without touching them and whisper the name of your target and they will do the rest.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Mar 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Hahah She's using the "sick" voice I used constantly when I was a kid to get out of going to school.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

He should have had them be quarters and make them stand underneath.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

livingfruitvirus posted:

Not much discussion this HK season I notice.

Not a ton to talk about really. Show is getting really stale. I'd like to see them start selecting casts based off actual talent instead of picking 3 or 4 good cooks and the rest being glorified fast food cooks who were selected because of their inability to work well with others. I've seen every episode this season and I honestly cant really remember the names of any of the contestants. Everyone has morphed into a big ball of poo poo in my head.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Zero One posted:

I guess they've cut out the first round.

Ya thats very disappointing.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Hmmmm I WONDER if the girl wearing blue in the challenge and suddenly wearing red in her confessional will make it or not.

(I'm going to look like a massive idiot when she's not picked)

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Well saw this challenge coming a mile away.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

And thats pretty much the reason he won. He was a good cook but certainly wasnt the best in the season.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

All she had to do was say a few words and he melts and loses his cool

raditts posted:

Masterchef is new tonight, right?

Fat black dude literally has the family from The Nutty Professor.

I think he's probably a good chance to win it all.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Go Fat Albert!

I'm going to guess it will end up being him and Courtney in the final 2 or at least final 4.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

drat Gordon stabbing deep with his insults.

Really want to try the meatlof Willie made.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Jun 3, 2014

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Ghostpilot posted:

#FeedOurTroops

I hate forced hashtags so drat much. Even more than I hate twitter and hashtags to begin with.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Thats why you save yourself if given a chance you idiot.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

raditts posted:

She could literally make nothing and they probably still wouldn't kick her out.

e: honestly, were they really fooling anyone into thinking that wasn't going to happen?

Ya its pretty ridiculous.

There is 0 chance she will be going home at all. She might be picked as a bottom 3 but its ment as a "wakeup call".

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Shocker Courtney survives. Short of giving the judges food poisoning she aint leaving till after final 5. She's the seasons villain.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

raditts posted:

Yeah, I can't imagine how a donut missing the filling can be worse than one with loving salt, but laffo if anyone thinks this is some kind of talent competition.

Became blatantly obvious last season that they arent looking for the best chef just the most marketable. Jessie, I think her name was was easily the best cook last season.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Robnoxious posted:

She could bake me into a pie, anyday.

But yeah, Masterchef is a farce as is any FOX cooking :airquote:RAMSAY:airquote: show.
It has the potential to rise above the sum of it's junkyard parts but chooses to wallow with the rest of the recycled salvage that oozes from the franchise.

Stripper With a Heart has a got a golden ticket along with Silver Fox and Eccentric Scottish Chemistry Guy.
Book that poo poo all day long.

Salt for sugar is kept before visually appealing but bland?

Yeah... okay then.
Even CBS's Big Brother isn't this blatant with production assist tomfoolery.

I'd thrown in Willie as well those 4 are already locked in as the top 5. 5th spot is probably up for grabs.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

OmegaBR posted:

Also, I hate that they still spoil which team won in the preview, but it's better than spoiling your top five I guess.

I dont know. Knowing the top 5 at the start of the season last year made some pretty entertaining thread reading. Just seeing everyone hating on Krissi and expecting her to go soon was hilarious. Knowing the top 5 did kind of ruin the season though, because once I saw Luca was there it was pretty obvious who was going to win the entire thing.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Bob Morales posted:

Heels three times already. Gonna start doing shots

Dibs on your stuff after you die of alcohol poisoning!

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

I think Willie is a lock for winning. He may be fat but from what we've seen he's got a great personality and seems like a great guy. Just suffering from over crowding of mediocre cooks right now so he isnt getting the focus. I really cant see Courtney winning even ignoring her being a former stripper. They've just played up her being a bitch too much for her to win, plus Ahran being pretty much spot on when calling her out.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

No, I saw the season when Luca won. I know better.

Bravo, so drat true.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Hey guys did you know Joes Italian? He hasnt made sure everyone knows that within the last minute.

EDIT: Dont worry Courtney its not like you have a chance in hell of going home today.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

The only thing Elise is good at are tears.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Coconut Indian posted:

He basically said gently caress your Italian gimmick. I can dig it.

Me too. I can just imagine Joe falls asleep each night while crying and masturbating to the Italian flag.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Really should be a double elimination episode. Neither Elise or Cutter should be in this still.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Only good thing to say about Cutter is at least he's done something well at some point. Elise has failed at every dish she's made.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Cutter being Cutter, blaming everyone else.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Steak will always win.

Cutter is hosed. I just really hope its not a loving baking competition. He had a point a couple of weeks ago he came on to be masterchef not masterbaker. He's still poo poo though.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Its not baking but its close enough not to matter. Make some different loving challenges ffs.

Ghostpilot posted:

I haven't been following Masterchef closely, but has every pressure test this season been a dessert?

Just about.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Basebf555 posted:

If Leslie goes this show instantly loses like half its entertainment value in my opinion.

Thats why he's a shoe-in for final 5. Theres no chance he will go home till then.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

That is really loving sad. Sorta puts a big downer bow on that haphazardly edited ep.

Was anyone else perturbed by how few rooms they were able to make available post-reno? That place was enormous and they somehow ended up with only 12 rooms? I mean sure it's a 200% increase but still :psyduck:

From the comments in that news article it sounds like they rent out rooms in the building to businesses and I guess there are apartments? Just going off this comment

quote:

Mad cow - January 01, 2014 6:24 pm
This is sad that place could b a gold mine with new management/owners and I little remodel. Not sure if it's still there or not but get the flashlight patrol out of there and don't have your only suites on the same floor as bussineses that's just dumb! And maby down size or do away with people living there and get some intreging bussiness in there on a floor or 2 pick up that tourist $$. I'd like to see Mcminamins buy it and turn it into a real hotel tourist destination

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Basebf555 posted:

Cutter. The answer is Cutter.

This, Cutter is hosed.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

J-Spot posted:

Cutter has to be in the top 10 based on the amount of screen time he has gotten this season.

Problem with that is its mostly because him being terrible, but that also works in his favor as well since they'll keep around a lovely cook who makes drama over just a lovely cook.

EDIT: I'm starting to get scared that Leslie is becoming the front runner to win this.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Aug 5, 2014

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Brock Samson posted:

Joe grew up eating pasta!?

Joe is Italian? I never would have guessed!

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Oh boy I bet he gives it to Courtney and she still makes something perfectly.

Im dumb

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

I actually have no idea whos going to win this whole thing now. I had Willie pegged to win it at the start of the season but he's just been super underwhelming the entire season. I'm afraid its going to be Leslie or Courtney.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

J-Spot posted:

Elizabeth seems like an okay bet.

I'd say Daniel or Jamie with an outside chance even with Daniel making GBS threads the bed tonight.

Editors didnt spoil the challenge in the preview for once.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Aug 5, 2014

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

My drat exwife she wants this business to be a business.

This is fantastic

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Way earlier this aftern.....this morning...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Theres no way this brotherly love lasts more than a minute once Gordon leaves.