Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Coconut Indian posted:

I haven't seen the previews yet. Is there the token morbidly obese man who will inevitably pass out mid service?

Of course there is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Long time viewer, first time caller

Categories
:ramsay: - 8
"IT'S RRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAWW" - 10
"BIG BOY!/STUPID COW!" - 22
"C'MERE!" - 30
"SHUT! IT! DOOOOWWWWWN!!!!" - 4
"GET OUT!!" - 11
General rear end-Kissing - 9
General Douchebaggery - 27
Food Smashed or Thrown - 40
Emotional Breakdown - 17
:jp: - 4
Misleading Preview Moments - 10

(Tiebreaker) Winner = Blonde chick with the short hair that says "catch it" in the intro.

Deus Ex Macklemore fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Mar 8, 2014

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Except that the food that skates by Ramsay still goes to a customer and i have to think that is worse.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Brock Samson posted:

Also Amy has lost SIXTY POUNDS from the stress.

That she is generating for herself. I usually don't watch Dr Phil but I caught a few minutes and it was nice to see him say something about how they (Amy and Gang Mastah G) are giving their power away to the people who are making them angry, and that they are CHOOSING to act that way.

I'm certainly not diagnosing her but I wouldn't be totally shocked if she had a personality disorder or 3.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Ah. I noticed there looked like SOME weight loss, but I doubted the 60 pounds as well. Which is again indicative of some MH issues.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I loved the line from the Dr Phil show where she said (basically) "You call my husband a gangster but if you go to any other country in the world, go to Israel where he's from, they are all yelling and screaming and acting like that. It's just in this country that people don't understand."

A couple things: I've been to about 25 different countries and I've never been in a restaurant that acted like that. The closest I got was an Italian pizza place in Amsterdam when Italy was playing Germany in the World Cup and every time the Italians scored a bunch of folks ran into the street to yell at the German pub across the way.

I've been to Israel and I've never seen anyone there act like this.

Most importantly: you're not IN those countries. In some countries women couldn't speak to men they way she does...perhaps she should go there*.

She also apparently completely blanked out on the fact that her husband called himself a gangster before anyone could start to accuse him of that.

* - I don't really think this.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
So I've never worked in food service before but if the waiter brings out my plate and warns me that it is hot, is it a good bet it just came out of the microwave?

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

raditts posted:

Yeah, now that I think about it, putting a soul food restaurant in the middle of Minnesota is pretty hilarious.

Thinking that there is no clientele for soul food in MSP is pretty hilarious. There are a poo poo ton of ethnic restaurants in the Twin Cities that do very well because there are a lot more people there than most folks realize. Outside the Cities - not so diverse. But putting a soul food restaurant in the MOA is not a laughable idea.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Anyone else catch the misleading edit going to commercial about the chicken? Ramsay yelled for everyone to "GET OVER HERE" and when they came back from commercial he never said that and instead told Joy the chicken was good.

I know this isn't groundbreaking stuff for this show but still

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Anne Whateley posted:

Given the usual edits, it's not even going to be on the show.

There ya go.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Cutter and Leslie will be the "cook your way back on the show" contestants.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

pentyne posted:

I mean, that's the same attitude people take to NCAA Football programs. "Those players should be grateful for scholarships and a chance to play in the NFL, otherwise they'd have nothing" while the schools make hundreds of millions from their performance and the players are likely looking at long term medical problems from their playing careers.

And the Universities, in turn, do nothing good with that money and all of those poor young men being forced at gun point to play a game they don't love at all.

It's not like they were drafted into the College Football Military against their will. What I'm saying is that your analogy is bland, tasteless yeah, and quite frankly the worst analogy we've seen this season. (looks up to thread balcony) "Twee as gently caress, you did a good job picking this one."

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I have to wonder about the process of the reality taping and the "sequestering" that the participants go through - how much does that play into their depression, especially if they've never been away from home or family for an extended period of time. I did some time in the Navy so being away from home and friends for a few weeks isn't really that taxing for me, but I can understand how just THAT part of it, never mind the stress of being on a TV show and trying to win, could factor into things.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Off topic, where are all of these BIG IDIOT BAD POST avatars coming from?

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

mattfl posted:

They are doing all kinda things with the forums and I guess this is the new stupid newbie avatar. I've been here, god, 10 years now and never bothered to get a proper one.

Oh ok.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

OhYeah posted:

This has been bugging me since yesterday. There's something really odd about Leslie's facial expression and the sound of his voice, I can't really put my finger on it.

He did say, "as long as she beats me fair and square" before they started. I wonder what he knew.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Utopia just got immediately cancelled so the Friday night spot will be filled with re-runs of MC Junior.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Goddamn Frank is still in after not being able to make a loving salad?

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Am I the only one that has a problem with Bryant's meltdown? I mean, there is a difference between someone getting angry and standing up for themselves and someone having a complete psych break. Especially when he started pointing out Fernando's "faults".

I know Gordon said he doesn't care about how his chef acts out of the kitchen but if that isn't a peek into crazy, I don't know what is.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I think it was more like no one ever said, "meh, winning this won't do anything for me I can't do on my own." Or else he is just blocking out last season.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

If the finale isn't Jen vs Tasha I will be very surprised. Of course I always say some variation on this every season and am nearly always wrong so go Ro vs Bryant

Rest in Hundred, Sterling. You had the most graceful, beautiful exit in this show's history and are the head chef of my heart.

I'm calling Tasha and Santos with Tasha winning it.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Slightly Toasted posted:

MC canada made artisan pizzas this week. Wasn't there someone fairly unlike able that got berated by Joe and Gordon for doing that last year on a pizza stone challenge?

Yeah it was that dude from Texas that couldn't define "Artisan" when asked.

This season's HK seems like it is full of plants with like, 4 decent cooks.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Bit of an annoyance but how come the teasers from the end of one episode are hardly ever in the net episode? I watched Ep1 and at the end they were hyping the sexual tension and explosiveness of two of the guys after the same girl and then...nothing. Not the first time they've done that by a long shot (really noticeable if you binge watch on Hulu or whatever), just wondering if I was the only one who noticed.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

gret posted:

T has a daughter? I just assumed she liked girls.

You know those things aren't mutually exclusive right?

Looking forward to next week when THEY BURN HELL'S KITCHEN TO THE GROUND!!!

Also, how did what's her face from Jamaica with the terrible eye shadow get a black eye?

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Asiina posted:

Hi, I had that surgery, it saved my life, go gently caress yourself.

Get yourself some different glasses now, Graham.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I would love Steven's cookbook because I believe it would be full of random words in ALL CAPS, crazy punctuation, insults, at least one recipe in nothing but hieroglyphics, and it would all end up being delicious.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

flashy_mcflash posted:

I'm trying but the episodes are not holding my attention at all. Really none of these competition shows are now that I've discovered and am binge-watching the Great British Baking Show.

Like has been said, the contestants feel very formulaic at this point. Each kid is his/her own "gimmick" and it doesn't feel very genuine. Also pretty sure the "remote controlled oven" trick has moved from HK to MCJ because there's no way Spike there was able to cook as well as he did but forgot to turn the goddamn oven on. Even he was perplexed about why it wasn't on. Pretty sure it will come down to Bayou Girl vs Backwards Hat Girl.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Half of these idiots on HK are just plants, right?

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Yeah, they usually do go to break between Thing 1 and Thing 2. Also, there is no "One Potato, Two Potato" credit to the production company at the end. Did Ramsey change his production company name or is it a different company in charge now?

I also had to laugh at the commercial outro leading towards something TERRIBLE, maybe POISONOUS happening in the Blue Kitchen and then it turns out it was just regular old season-beginning shittyness. Seriously, if I was going to be on that show I would spend 3 months cooking nothing but Scallops, Risotto and Beef Wellington in preparation.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Whiz Palace posted:

Won't save you when they surreptitiously crank your oven to 800 degrees halfway through cooking.

True.

DopeGhoti posted:

I thought One Potato Two Potato was just MasterChef?

I could have sworn that it always followed HK and KN too but I'm old and my brain is full of holes so I'm probably wrong.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I understand that the amount of pressure they must feel certainly changes how they do things but that lump of hair and glasses that kept cutting the pizza after she was going to throw it away just baffled me.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
This past weekend I was too lazy to change the channel and ended up watching three episodes of Canadian Master Chef. It was...something. The kitchen was clearly the same studio but all of the external shots were of the Toronto skyline. I have no idea who the three judges were but it was at least watchable.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Chromatic posted:

Hulu only has the 2nd season of Hotel Hell but so far I like it for what it is.

Hotel Hell: Like Kitchen Nightmares but with semen on the beds

You've obviously missed the episodes where the losing team has to clean the "barracks"

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Please let it be her that he calls a fat little donkey next week.

Or at least let that actually be in the episode.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
"They don't let my people on stunt planes!" - Hassan

Best line of the series so far.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Tired Moritz posted:

Is the new season good?

Same as it ever was

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
So the Red Team has Crip, Jersey, Blonde Chef, Fake Boobs and Blonde Black Chef left after they sent Hassan home? I think he's right...that poo poo is going down in flames. I'm starting to think that Blonde Chef is the only legit chef on that team and that's only because they haven't really showcased her doing anything yet.

Blue Team needs to send Psycho Frank home.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Illinois Smith posted:

Don't forget JOIRSEY JUICE

I didn't.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I see a conversation between Frank and his CO in his future regarding that last remark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Good. The time for that kind of attitude in the military is gone. I served on a coed ship and listening to the loving knuckle dragging idiots got old, fast.