Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Basebf555 posted:

Yea in the UK version you had a bunch of episodes featuring owners/general managers who didn't know what they were doing, and that was the main issue Ramsay had to deal with. He'd come in and show them how to design a menu for the clientele and the area, and show them how to run a real restaurant kitchen if things were that desperate. So a lot of the episodes came down to Ramsay teaching well intentioned, yet ignorant, people how to cook and manage a restaurant. Every episode didn't feature family therapy sessions, although that did come up once in a while.

Everything felt more organic. If the place needed a new chef and menu, that was the focus of the episode. If the décor sucked and the owner was a terrible manager, that was the focus. The show didn't feel nearly as paint-by-numbers, which is whats killing it for me currently.

I don't know which one it was but the one with the husband and wife who went back into the restaurant business after retiring and all the food was done by the 60 year old husband with egg timers everywhere was :unsmith:

Or the one where the chef meant well but taught himself out of celebrity cookbooks and Gordon made him throw them all away and taught him some real dishes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I haven't seen Hotel Hell so I watched the first episode and :stare: the owner guy is the biggest douchebag in the universe and has such a contempt for everyone who works for him and everyone around him. Ramsay going off on him like constantly is amazing.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

raditts posted:

I don't care for Ramsay's style as it applies to hotels, it's clearly not his element. Especially when compared to Hotel Impossible.

True but I do enjoy watching him scream at people who clearly don't get it while being supportive to the staff that do.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

This loving show

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Remember a few years ago some diner chef made the nastiest mashed potatoes and got thrown out during the first service?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Spice? Ramsay hates spice :ohdear:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

A... tie? On this show?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

La pizza e mobile
Going down my toilet hole

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

liltimshady posted:

Who here didn't see that someone would cut their hand on that grater, or whatever that thing's called?

I hate those loving things. I've got a huge scar on my fingertip from one :mad:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

liltimshady posted:

An actual wedding? Good lord, wasn't the reception enough?

Does that mean we get the return of the wedding planner? :neckbeard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Ghostpilot posted:

All are eclipsed by the greasy shadow that is:

Didn't this guy get kicked out during the first service?