Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Koalas March posted:

I just bought the case i didn't think a replacement was possible. I still have my original receipt, could I do that?

Fwiw I don't play competitively. I just collect and play with my friends.

You shouldn't need the receipt. You just have to be able to say where you bought the pack you got the figure in. Here's how you get replacements. You can only do R/SR/chase figures, but in this case Blackfire's an SR prime, so you're fine. Me, with my helmet-less Rival? I'm screwed. Link!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

ManiacClown posted:

You shouldn't need the receipt. You just have to be able to say where you bought the pack you got the figure in. Here's how you get replacements. You can only do R/SR/chase figures, but in this case Blackfire's an SR prime, so you're fine. Me, with my helmet-less Rival? I'm screwed. Link!

I haven't used this program since 2004 or so (pre-stat cards), and I'm hesitant to mail the stat card in. It just seems like the sort of thing they'd lose.

Which, by the way - why don't they make replacement stat cards?

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Red posted:

I haven't used this program since 2004 or so (pre-stat cards), and I'm hesitant to mail the stat card in. It just seems like the sort of thing they'd lose.

Which, by the way - why don't they make replacement stat cards?

I'm guessing it's because it would be fairly expensive for them to do and they put them up as print-and-play so you can do it yourself instead. I sent in a Black Lantern Galius Zed and they didn't lose the card, but my guess is that they just send you your same card back after they check your figure and find out "Yup. It's broke."

Edit: I'm going to try to do up the new OP. What's the status on Yu-Gi-Oh! Series 2 and Battle of the Millennium? Weren't they supposed to have come out already? Did they get delayed and if so to when?

ManiacClown fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Dec 8, 2014

Red
Apr 15, 2003

ManiacClown posted:

I'm guessing it's because it would be fairly expensive for them to do and they put them up as print-and-play so you can do it yourself instead. I sent in a Black Lantern Galius Zed and they didn't lose the card, but my guess is that they just send you your same card back after they check your figure and find out "Yup. It's broke."

That's odd - I just pulled a BL Zed, and his arm had this huge white glue spot at the "shoulder" spot. Everyone else said I was lucky to get one that wasn't broken - they'd seen a lot of pulls with Zed's arms broken off or completely missing.

It was a super easy paint fix, but that's a little scary that one figure is so commonly damaged.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

ManiacClown posted:

Edit: I'm going to try to do up the new OP. What's the status on Yu-Gi-Oh! Series 2 and Battle of the Millennium? Weren't they supposed to have come out already? Did they get delayed and if so to when?

YGO2 says estimated date of 12/3 on CoolStuffInce, but that's passed, and it also has a press release on ICv2 from 6/2 stating 8/27, so who knows how long the actual delay has been?

For Battle of the Millennium, from this thread,

quote:

Found out that the Yu-Gi-Oh Organized Play, Battle of the Millennium has been delayed to next year.
New release date for Kit 1 is Dec 31st, That means Events cant be scheduled tell February cause Wizkids takes Jan off for Organized play. [...] WizKids told us this at the Alliance Open House.

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008

Red posted:

That's odd - I just pulled a BL Zed, and his arm had this huge white glue spot at the "shoulder" spot. Everyone else said I was lucky to get one that wasn't broken - they'd seen a lot of pulls with Zed's arms broken off or completely missing.

It was a super easy paint fix, but that's a little scary that one figure is so commonly damaged.

Yeah, I've pulled three BL Zeds, and they've all been broken at the feet or ankle. Easy to fix, but they'll pop straight off again if I'm not careful when clicking him. I may need to break out a pinning set for a more permanent solution.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

The Grammar Aryan posted:

Yeah, I've pulled three BL Zeds, and they've all been broken at the feet or ankle. Easy to fix, but they'll pop straight off again if I'm not careful when clicking him. I may need to break out a pinning set for a more permanent solution.

Mine was broken clean off the base at the feet. I probably COULD have glued him, but with the replacement I figured why bother?

The new OP's ready. Release the thread title suggestions!

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
Yesterday was 500 points Silver Age, "Fish out of water". All events were to be played on a Map with water terrain and if you had a force with all Dolphin movement you'd receive 10 bonus points for winning. Also, no figures with the flight symbol were allowed.

I tried so hard to make something with Solomon Grundy work, but without a flier I just couldn't do it.

So I went with old and new

FL Phantom Stranger @ 125
FL Pandora @ 100
FL Question @ 100
FI Loki @ 30
Elsa Bloodstone
Detective Chimp with the Shadowpact ATA.

Mystical Theme. Plenty of phasing. And with their Bound by Sin traits Pandora gets a nice 9 range with 4! bolts and Phantom stranger can carry the entire team except Loki. Loki was there to cart the chimp for a mobile base of support.

Round 1 vs Asgardians

AVM Odin
FI Nerkkod
Red Battery with Red Nurse and Red Crossbow and violet ring.

I won map roll and chose the Bridge map from spiderman. Positioned everyone into hindering but miscalculated the RS range of Nerkkod and lost Loki to a 10 range 5 damage shot when he ran into the water after getting the nurse from the battery. Odin held back. Detective chimp and the question went after Nerkkodd and Pandora managed to nail him for 4. Odin then hit a RS EE on the stranger and pandora, taking 2 mystics. Stranger ended up taking 2 and Pandora 3. Question began a game of poison with the monkey providing outwit assistance. Question also was making great use of his sin purge to keep going. Chimp would outwit the defense for poison to fire, Question would punch him, and then outwit anything else showing. Question would also copy Shadowpact from the chimp to avoid any mystics.

Stranger, elsa and Pandora went after Odin, who pushed to KO pandora, and placed himself on an odinsleep click. Nerkkod was on his last click and not having much luck regenerating. Chimp finished him off and question based odin. He cleared and took a click of poison from question. Elsa managed to nail him for 4 penetrating with an empower assist from Stranger. He ended up on an invulnerability click and it wasn't long before the rest of my team took his down.

1-0

Round 2 vs Mystical

CON TOS Phantom Stranger
CON TOS Pandora
CON TOS Question
AVX Scarlet Witch @ 100.

Opponent won map and chose to stay on the bridge. His first move was to DPA No More Mystics, thinking that most of my team was Mystics. When I pointed out that only the Stranger and Pandora are he wasn't too happy with himself. His TOS lost all their TA's. My Stranger lost his but Pandora rolled a 6 and kept it.

He moved out question and pandora into hindering while keeping his stranger and witch back. I took a few potshots with Pandora but could not connect. Stanger moved up Elsa and my question and based his question and pandora with them. Question tried to flurry my question but I hit my shape change, he made both shots on elsa and KO'd her. Next turn poison hit the both of them and my question and stranger managed to KO his question. Somehow during all this my Pandora took enough clicks to end up on her last click and hoofed it back to the starting area, I forget how. He phased his pandora back onto elevated and healed her to full while his stranger MC'd mine to Pulse Wave. He only managed to hit Loki however. I then did the strategically sound but very dick move of pulling everyone back to my starting area as there was no way I was going to try and assault his little stronghold in an area of no stealth for me. Pandora also regenerated back to top dial.

He used pandora's move to be placed within line of fire of my guys and moved his stranger and witch down. I based Pandora with the Question and detective chimp (Phantom stranger is the best taxi) and perplexed down his pandora after doing a RS for 3. He pushed his stranger to be in LOF to outwit the chimps outwit and Loki. Witch took a shot on someone and missed, pushing to do so. I poisoned his Pandora onto a phasing click. Rather then let him run to the witch and heal, I had stranger sidestep carry my whole team to base his witch and they all cleared. Witch then died quickly to a poison/shadowpact question and his pandora got knocked to her last click just as time was called. I won on points.

Round 3 vs Martial Artists

Fantomex
AO Shiva
DOFP Nightcrawler
AVX Wolverine at full value.

I was finally able to make use of all my sin purge powers as my pieces didn't get knocked off them or have to take a power action to use them, and use them I did. Loki went down to a 5 damage shot from Fantomex but that was my only loss. I managed to get first shots on NC and Shiva with Pandora and when they came down to base me took multiple shots from question and Pandora before stranger would move them away. Wolverine was a nonfactor except when he was MC'd by my Stranger to blade his Shiva. I managed to get everyone except Fantomex who was off RCE and would not have lasted very long.

Overall I like the new TOS. Phantom Stranger never got to pull off his Sin Purging trick, as he was knocked off it early in round 1, and would have had to take a power action most of round 2. Round 3 I just never had LOF. Question and Pandora were absolutely amazing though. Pandora kept surprising everyone with her 9 range and 4 bolts and ability to self remove tokens. Ditto for question with his ability to copy Quintessence from Stranger or Shadowpact from the Chimp to really do some damage. His traited toughness even kept him alive after taking a shot in the final round.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

ManiacClown posted:

The new OP's ready. Release the thread title suggestions!

The Heroclix Thread v11: ULTRA Chases means buying more cases

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
The HeroClix Thread v11: Whose Game Is It Anyway?

zgrowler2 fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Dec 8, 2014

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008
The HeroClix Thread V11: What's a sunk cost fallacy?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
The HeroClix Thread v11: On the Watched Thread list

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

The Heroclix Thread v11: Buy A Resource or Always Lose
The Heroclix Thread v11: Who Watches The Watchlist?
The Heroclix Thread v11: Because I Want Every Game I Play To Somehow Involve The Lantern Corps
The Heroclix Thread v 11: Click-a-doo-la!

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Steve Vader posted:

The Heroclix Thread v11: Buy A Resource or Always Lose
The Heroclix Thread v11: Who Watches The Watchlist?<—:flashfact:
The Heroclix Thread v11: Because I Want Every Game I Play To Somehow Involve The Lantern Corps
The Heroclix Thread v 11: Click-a-doo-la!

I like this one.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Yeah, it's similar to mine so I like it too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

I made it 35 seconds ago.

• Locked thread