Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008

Sanschel posted:

Next question: what do y'all use for storage? I've long since run out of room in my apartment and the boxes with ziplock baggies of sets is slowly overtaking my dining area. I wanna redo the shelving system in there anyway with some nice deep Ikea ones but I'd like to get some quality bins to go on the lower half of the shelves.

I use these. You can stack them, so they fit pretty much anywhere, and it's been working out pretty well for me so far. Not sure how I'm going to deal with the new scale of giant figs, like Validus or Colossal Boy, though. You can definitely get them cheaper at a Lowe's or something- I nabbed mine for something like ten bucks apiece.

In other news, my AvX2 at my home venue went to the local cheeselord who, once again, brought Fantomex and Brother Voodoo. The exact team he ran last time, except with a bonus Thor. I'm probably going to build something to gently caress with that, likely featuring Iron Pharaoh, because I'm getting tired of him running the same cheese over and over while trotting out the old "I'm in it to win it" excuse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008

Morand posted:

EVERYONE loses their first game. Don't get discouraged, learn from it!

I can't emphasize this enough. With the AvX tournament series, there's been an influx of new players in my area. The ones who have taken their losses in stride are getting better, and the ones who complain about resources and lobby for every event to be 300 Sealed are still sorting to the bottom of the pile.

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008
Hm- how does that Growing Darkness trait work with the Phoenix Force? Does the PF player get to put fragments on their characters first, or does the GD character get to steal them first?

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008
Since Growing Darkness straight up removes something from the Gauntlet, yeah, it would no longer have six gems attached, so they wouldn't get Willpower and you could counter their powers.

It can remove benefits of the Utility Belt, too, though there's a chance they could get stuff back with Resupply clicks. I'd probably opt to yank the Batman Cowl if they have it slotted instead.

Looks like the Phoenix Force has another reason it's becoming my favorite resource.

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008

ManiacClown posted:

I don't know that the item in the costume slot counts as a relic, though. At least this is going to lead to them being more clear about when something attached to a resource is itself a resource vs. being a relic.

The costume slot items can be played as Relics, though, so, much like the Phoenix Fragments, when you yank it off, it acts as a Relic, I think. Then again, the Fragments work like that because it explicitly says it works like that. Regardless, yanking the costume out is huge, since they can't replace it because the Resupply slot only affects things in slots 1-6.

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008
I think there's going to be a Radiant starter set that's supposed to come out, but that's primarily because the one that came out is a Dire set.

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008
Welp, it looks like the only way to get Teddy Bears is to pull Toyman, since it's packed in with him and classed as an SR. :argh:

On the bright side, I have enough toy cars to start a miniature Nascar.

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008

ManiacClown posted:

What's the toy frequency and do they take up a slot? If so, which rarity?

They definitely take up a slot, but they take up a common slot. I got three bricks, and wound up with 5 Race Cars, 4 Airplanes, 4 Cymbal-Banging Monkeys, and 1 Teddy Bear. The pack that I got Toyman in had one of each toy packed separately, a Lex Luthor, and a Teddy Bear packed into the bag Toyman was in.

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008
Played in a 400 Sealed last night, and managed to hack together an interesting team- Wildfire, Polar Boy, Universo, a Science Police Officer, and a Race Car.

1st match against Lightray, a Daxamite, Black Manta, and non-Prime Cheetah. It was a rough fight, mostly because of Lightray's Hypersonic letting him steadily tag my guys down, but Wildfire's stop clicks kept him in the game long enough for time to be called, and I won on points. My opponent tried to argue that I lost, but was overruled.

2nd match against Validus, Cheetah, Lightray, and a Science Cop. I was terrified of Validus, but a couple of Mind Controls from Universo putting him on Outwit and crippling my opponent's team meant it wasn't too bad. Everybody copying the PD TA also helped.

3rd match against Mon-El, Solomon Grundy, and a 25-point Bizarro. This one was really touch and go. I managed to steadily tag down my opponents, and the Science Cop meant that my opponent was overcautious about running in. Bizarro went down to the Cop's Damage special after a Hypersonic, Grundy wound up crit missing to death, then time was called...and we both scored 225 points. It went to a roll-off, and I wound up with 2nd place and a Mordru. A great match all around.

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008

Morand posted:

Oh god this. There is a guy at my one venue who is so bad, but my last 2 games against him have been so incredibly close because my dice have decided that they WILL NOT ROLL WELL against him. Doing nothing wrong and losing drives me up a goddamn wall.

Seriously. I'm not superstitious, and I've had to field a ton of RNG complaints in general, so I know there's no such thing as mojo. Still, I've got a ziploc of spare dice in my toolkit because sometimes it just makes you feel better, you know?

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008

VELOUR SPACESUIT posted:

How many bad rolls before you bust out the B team of dice? I see people do this all the time (I have done it once or twice) and it usually happens between games or after the Hail Mary misses, but there is one guy at my LFGS who changes dice EVERY TIME HE MISSES. He isn't casual about it either, he quietly yet angerily talks down to his dice like they are his children embarrassing him in the middle of the mall and lightly slams them into his tray and continues like nothing happened. It is actually kind of entertaining/sad when he misses a bunch of times in a row.

I will never get mad at someone beating me if they out-play me or even if my dice betray me, but if I realize that I messed something up/forgot something and it leads to my loss, nothing can console me. Nothing is worse than looking like an idiot.

I have never walked out of a tournament or anything, but there have been days I wanted to.

I really only do it if I get a chain of low rolls that means I missed all my setup attacks, and even then as more of a joke, because then at least I'm doing something. On more than one occasion I've done a lot of careful setup, said "now I just need to not crit miss," and then promptly crit missed. It's happened more often than I like, but that's probably just confirmation bias. Dice! :argh:

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008

ManiacClown posted:

With as much elevated as those maps have, knockback is going to be ridiculous.

Where did you find previews of the maps for Month 3? My searches aren't digging anything up, and the Realms' search function is legendarily terrible.

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008
So my home venue's Month 3 is happening in a couple weeks, and our build's a little weird. 500 points Modern, with at least one figure from a non-Marvel set and at least 3 figures from your AvX starter. With all this elevated terrain messing with lines of fire, I think this might be a good opportunity to try out Dawnstar.

AvX Iron Man (150) w/Avengers Response Unit
AvX Scarlet Witch (100) w/Avengers Response Unit
AvX Spider-Man (125) w/Avengers Response Unit
SLoSH Dawnstar
TTGF NOWHERE Soldier

Dawnstar should happily let me ignore elevated terrain to snipe on Magnetos and Thors, and with PD and ghetto S.H.I.E.L.D. ATA from the NOWHERE Soldier and Spidey, I should be able to knock people back with Iron Man so that I can keep the hits rolling.

I will admit, though, that there might be something better I could pull out for the Non-Marvel stuff.

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008

Kadath posted:

A question for some of the experienced players: How high do you rate indomitable or willpower granting team abilities like power cosmic when you are judging figures? It seems to me that the ability to reliably move 2 turns out of 3 without worrying about pushing damage knocking them off a move-and-attack power or other special ability or killing them outright later in the game is extremely powerful. Being able to get a higher number of actions from a character appears to be one of the best methods of getting the most out of your points in a game.

I tend to avoid characters that don't have willpower unless they are a minor support character, have a really awesome ability, or I can give it to them through a resource. How valid is this?

I really like Indom, but a lot of the time I'll also take into account how pushable a figure is. Sometimes a piece will have Willpower, whether via the vanilla power, Indom, Power Cosmic/Quintessence, and I'll push them to get onto a gravy click, or I'll push a piece without it to get them where I want.

Take Sharon Carter from Chaos War- she's got Willpower on her top click, but if you push her, she flips over to Willpower with Perplex. I always take a look at the second click to try and gauge the early game- pieces like Lightray from SLoSH I'll push without hesitation, since he goes from a 17 Defense to an 18 on his second click, and I've got a good chance to drop three damage on a piece with HSS in the meanwhile. And I'd definitely push to KO him so I can control his kamikaze explosion.

Sometimes you're just going to want to push anyway. You have a piece without Willpower who has a token and a clear shot on someone who has a clear and free shot on him next turn? You might want to push, because chances are you're getting hit anyway.

I've gotten the upper hand in a lot of matches because I've pushed and my opponent hasn't. It's risky, and I usually won't do it unless it puts me on a click that I want to be on, but it's the best way to ensure you get the most out of your dials, especially those with useful second clicks that likely won't see the light of day otherwise.

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008

Fritzler posted:

Forge is the first listed figure there! But hmm, maybe I will look into a team with Cyclops. Maybe I will just say gently caress it to theme team and run AvX Magneto (200), AvX Scarlet Witch (100), and AvX Cyclops (100).

Also, he's not as much of a killing machine on the Month 2 maps as the AvX Cyke, but since you mentioned dealing with Mystics, the WatX Cyclops is also really good for that. His Damage special procs on hit, which occurs before damage is taken, so he'll shut Mystics down before it can do damage to him, and has the benefit of wiping it for followup attacks as well.

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008

Captain Satire posted:

Ah, I see. The Thor comes out with only two or three clicks remaining. I guess that balances it.

I'm building an Xmen team around my GSX Cyclops and am thinking about including the GSW Colossus / Wolverine combo but can't decide what two pieces I want to split them into. Any tips on high-value Xmen pieces would be appreciated.

Edit for below: None yet. Am unsure which ones I should buy.

Because of the way Split works, you don't actually have a ton of options to work with. In Modern, you're pretty much stuck with the 100 point Common Colossus from WatX, and then either the IH Wolverine, the CW Wolverine, or the AvX Wolverine at his Rookie starting line. I'd personally choose the CW version, since he's surprisingly difficult to kill.

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008
I hate underbuilding, but that's a prime spot to put some Resources in. If you're just starting out, though, you likely won't have any. Don't let it bother you too much, though.

As for the team itself, it isn't bad! I'd move Colossus/Wolverine up, picking up a heavy, and have Cyclops and Hope bring up the rear. Keep the duo's Defense Perplexed up and make use of the Fastball Special to get up in someone's face and whop them for 7 damage. I'd push both Hope and Cyke onto click 2, that way you'll have two people with RS/PB and Willpower bringing up the rear.

This team really wants an open map, though, so you might want to consider sideboarding the duo and putting the merge pieces into play to get a themed team bonus. This also lets you squeeze some extra points out, meaning you can swap out the CW Wolverine for the WatX Gravity Feed Wolverine and still be able to merge into the duo later, while also bumping your build up to 398.

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008

Waffles Inc. posted:

Playing my first LoSH sealed tomorrow--any tips/tricks for sealed with this set anyone's picked up on?

Wildfire is an amazing piece that just won't die. TWO stop clicks with a native 18 Defense, Imperv, and awesome Regen means that you don't mind pushing him, and you can happily bait people to swing on him with their Super Strength alpha strike pieces. Yes, it's very impressive that you just did 7 damage to Wildfire. He still stops on clicks 4 and 8.

Run Science Police Officers if you can get them. Their damage special means you get to tag down Charge/RS/HSS pieces that swing within 8 of them, and with all the Wildcard pieces, PD is awesome, especially against pieces like Validus.

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008

Captain Satire posted:

Could somebody explain to me what the typical tournament rules are? What's a "Sealed" tournament exactly?

Sealed tournaments are ones where you buy a set number of boosters from the venue, open them, and build from what you pull.

As for typical tournament rules, it usually boils down to whether it's Sealed or Constructed. Constructed is where you make a build according to a predetermined build and bring it in.

Do you have any more specific questions about tournaments? Most of them will be handled by the judge or are primarily limited to build.

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008
Not to mention that while the idea of a mobile firing platform like that sounds awesome, in practice it's a pain in the rear end, because your opponent can very easily stay behind blocking, and repositioning that glob of dudes takes forever. Not to mention that Pulse Wave is just going to ignore all the fun bonuses that Mon-El gives.

I'd probably use a Mon-El glob to set up for an approach and then break to something more manageable if your opponent has a team that scatters well.

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008
TK lets you move characters or objects, each within 8 of one another, and with line of fire to one another. It's awesome because he gets to do it twice, which means you sit a friendly on either side of him, and then he can TK them up to 8 squares ahead, one at a time, which drastically extends your flexibility when trying to set up a first strike, or get behind someone's defenses.

White Witch has the Mystical keyword, but she doesn't have the Mystics TA. Team Abilities are the symbols that appear on the back of the dial, and she has the Legion of Super Heroes TA.

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008
No, all of the points need line of fire to one another, and they can only be at most 8 squares away from one another. Basically, you're making a triangle with a maximum length of 8 on each side.

You can't damage people by flinging them around with TK, since TK states that it places people, and you only take damage from being knocked back into blocking or off of elevation.

My primary use of TK is to throw someone to a better position for a follow up Charge/Running shot, or to yank an object out from underneath someone. It's also worth noting that if you target an opponent to move around with TK, you need to make a ranged attack roll.

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008

Captain Satire posted:

FYI guys I really appreciate you answering all my dumb questions.

No worries. When I first started playing, I had a near constant string of rules questions for our local rules expert. I frequently message my home venue's judge to get clarifications on things as well. It's pretty much the best way to get on top of the basics so you can actually get to playing the game.

You should also keep in mind that Mon-El has Hypersonic Speed and Super Strength on his top click, so if you run up against people who are hard to hit from range because of Stealth, terrain bonuses, or Energy Shield/Deflection, you can run him up, whomp somebody in the face for six, and then run back, so you've got some close options with him.

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008
I used to hang soda can tabs on guys, but made the switch to poker chips about a year ago, mostly because I forgot my soda tabs one day and just bought some chips, but also because sometimes you just can't find a spot to hang something on a guy well.

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008

Captain Satire posted:

This thread is about to turn into a major resource I'll be checking every single game I play.

On another note: how often do people here buy individual minis from online sites? It seems to me it's a much better way to create a specific team, or am I missing out on some of the fun if I'm not buying boosters?

Since I'm a sucker and don't know what "Sunk Cost Fallacy" means, I generally buy 2-3 bricks (which is usually 10 boosters to a brick) of a set when it drops to support my home venue and drum up some trade for people in the area. If I can't trade for a piece I want, or don't have anything I'm willing to trade, that's when I usually turn to the online market, but it's strictly a "one piece to finish the set" or "want this piece nobody has" situation for me.

Fritzler, that chart looks great! I might steal it and put it in my game box to try and help out the recent newbies, though the ones who really need it will likely discount it.

An important note regarding things like Phasing/Leap/Climb- you have to give the character a move action in order to activate those powers, so you don't get to Phasing/Charge unless you've got a special power that lets you do that.

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008
I much prefer Emma at 100 instead of 125, since any canny player is likely to whomp her straight past her clicks with Imperv/Shape Change. The Month 3 maps are going to be a beast for you, though- lots of elevated means that your booted figs are going to have trouble getting about, and the canyon-looking side is going to be rough for Cyclops, since his line of fire is going to be pretty well obstructed. It's going to be especially rough if you're going up in that environment against P5 figs.

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008

SublimeDelusions posted:

Then that sounds very, very bad for me. Hmm... Any suggestions as to what would make a better team then? I'm really kinda lost on this one. The whole map thing screwed me over on the constructed month 1 too. The only thing I know I want to keep on the team is the Phoenix Force with the four fragments. Aside from that, I have no idea what to run.

Also, another stupid question. When the character is assigned the phoenix fragment, do they use the yellow or blue side of the card? People have been mentioning how they get the free flight and poison regardless just by being given the phoenix force. Which, I thought only came with the fragment when using it as a relic, not a resource.

I'd probably try and tentpole around Magneto. He's mobile, which is good for the maps, and the LoF shenanigans with all of the elevated will actually make it a little easier to line up single target Pulse Waves. Pairing him up with the 100-point Dark Phoenix is a good idea, too, since you pick up a figure that can heal everyone on your team when she gets KO'd. If I had to pick and choose between the two of them, I'd go with Magneto, though.

Building an X-Men team for this is a little rough- the maps favor Avengers, with all of their flyers and Improved Movement available, so I slapped something together to take advantage of the thing X-Men have that could help- TK.

AvX Magneto (150)
AvX Cyclops (100)
WatX Jean Grey (40)
WatX Hope Summers (75)
Phoenix Force with Cyclops, Namor, and Colossus fragments, assigned to Magneto, Cyclops, and Hope
395 points total

You get Perplex and the ability to copy powers in Hope, and it's Themed, so hopefully you get to play on the side that looks like a space vortex. I'd probably put the Cyclops fragment on Magneto and the Colossus fragment on Cyclops. You could also just not assign Hope to the resource and leave the Colossus fragment on to try and squeeze out the extra survivability. There's definitely better ways to go with this team, but it'll treat you better than a mostly booted team. You could also look at dropping Cyclops for the 100-point Dark Phoenix.

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008
I like it! You've got a ridiculously solid piece in Mon-El, and that Timberwolf is fantastic if you can get him into the fray before he takes a hit and gets knocked off of Charge. Some things to keep in mind.

-Mon-El has Super Strength, so put two heavies and a light object on your force. With 12 speed and HSS on his top click, it'll be easy to pick up an object and whomp somebody with it.
-Keep the Science Police officer close to the action, but try and block others' Line of Fire to him. His damage special will pop anyone who makes an attack during Charge, Running Shot, or Hypersonic Speed within 8 of him.
-Don't forget to have people copy the Police Team Ability that the Science cop has. If you park Glorith and Timberwolf on either side of Mon-El, if he shoots at somebody that they have LoF to, regardless of their range, the target will have their Defense modified by -2, and that's huge.

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008
I don't have a ton of experience with older figs, since I started playing around Galactic Guardians, but talking with some of the old-timers, it seems like it's really down to a matter of utility.

Do you need a couple of cheap Mastermind fodder figs and don't mind breaking theme? Bring in a couple of IC Thugs for 6 points each. Want some useful TAs on the cheap? They're good for that, too, or maybe you want some cheap Perplex or Prob. Sometimes they've got a power that will help your team set up, but they're good for little else.

Take, for example, the Veteran Blizzard from Infinity Challenge. 6 clicks of life, 8 range, the Masters of Evil TA, and Barrier on his first four clicks for 53 points, but 1 damage across the board, and his values tank right out the gate. While he's certainly not going to be KO'ing anybody, he can continuously put up barriers because of the MoE TA. Throw in a cheap Support character, and he can keep that train rolling indefinitely. If you're playing on an Indoor map, this is a HUGE benefit.

There are probably older pieces that are really good in their own right, but I mostly view them as easy ways to drum up some support on the cheap if I'm not building specifically to theme.

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008

Captain Satire posted:

The Police Officer has the "future" keyword, as does everybody else in this team. Wouldn't my team be named as "Future" themed team and get the benefit? I'm actually a little shaky on the themed team rules.

Edit: Wait, "Future" is a generic keyword, so I guess I'd need six characters with it in a 400 point team. drat.

Yeah, when I was looking over your team, I was thinking of ways to see if I could drum up theme, but not at that point value. I wouldn't fuss it, though, because the Science Cop is totally worth not being themed, and Glorith is giving you prob, which is one of the primary reasons you want to go themed. You might wind up losing map roll more often than not, but that team is good enough that I wouldn't worry about it too much.

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008
Good lord. And for only 72 points? That traited Quake is going to be absolutely demoralizing to get hit by with some clever placement.

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008
So I played in my home venue's AvX 3, and played Thor at 100 with the Asgardian ATA, Scarlet Witch at 100, Spider-Man at 125, Dawnstar, a NOWHERE Soldier, a Science Police Officer, and the Batsignal. I wound up rolling everybody, even the local cheeselord, only losing the generics. Dawnstar makes this team terrifying, and pairing her with the Science Cop means that I essentially get to always get the first shot off, except for a guy in the last round who happily took four or five clicks of damage trying to kill people who weren't the cop.

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008
No, that's a perfectly serviceable way to build teams, and a good way to start out. I usually try to build to theme, because otherwise I get choicelock and have trouble actually building anything, not to mention that theme probs can really save you. I'll definitely cross properties if I'm building a generic theme, though, since that opens up some interesting combinations.

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008

SublimeDelusions posted:

DP RS/PWed M-T and wiped him out, causing her to avoid the mystics due to her healing on a KO.

This sentence makes me think you were taking Mystics damage when you were Pulse Waving people. Since PW ignores all game effects and powers possessed by a character during the attack, and taking damage, which is what triggers Mystics, happens during the attack, you don't take Mystics damage when you catch somebody in a PW. Nobody's joking when they say the answer to every problem in HeroClix (short of Brainiac's "I'll Show You Impervious") is Pulse Wave.

So, cracking into my Winter Soldier starter, I noticed two things. 1: They've changed the Smoke/Barrier/Special markers so that you get the right number of Smoke tokens! 2: They included standard Ultra Light and Ultra Heavy objects. Looking through the new rulebook, it looks like standard Ultra Heavies don't cost anything- does this mean that there's literally no reason to field the CW Tank Turret any more?

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008

SublimeDelusions posted:

Basically, it was his way of nerfing some of PW so people didn't just bring a team full of PW characters and wipe the entire team of the opponent off in 2-3 turns with no strategy aside from "run into middle, PW everyone, repeat for three games, and then walk away with the prize". However, the big thing to do now it seems when you're trying your damnedest to win is to run a team of all characters with the mystics team ability in order to keep hurting your opponent.

Really? That's a pretty ham-handed way to go about it. The solution in that situation is to try and position yourself so that your opponent has to target more than one person with the PW. It also sounds like the only way your venue can actually deal with Mystics now is to either bring ridiculous heavy hitters, one of the few characters who can outwit TAs, or somebody with a full Utility Belt. Or Scarlet Witch, I guess.

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008
Standard Ultra Heavies can't be TK'd, either, and now the Tank Turret is a 2 point standard object that prevents you from playing any other special objects, since it has the gear symbol. It's a shame, because I finally got one from a friend right before I found out about this change.

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008
Huh- I could've sworn that you could only have one object with the gear symbol on your force at once. Maybe in one of the old rulebooks? Or maybe I'm just mistaken and thought it was a rule when it wasn't.

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008

Seymour Butts posted:

Speaking of poison, how good is it? It sounds good, but won't defensive modifiers soak it up? Toughness reduces it by 1, so that negates it. Invulnerability states that damage dealt to a character is reduced by 2, so once again, poison would deal 0 damage. Impervious, regardless of the impervious roll, will reduce poison to nothing. From my reading, it looks like Super Senses would not be triggered by poison because poison is not an attack, but an effect (or something like that). What about if poison hits an adjacent character with Invincible? Invincible states that half of the damage dealt is ignored. So, 0.5 rounded up is 1, poison works!? Do I have all this straight?

Fritzler covered most of it, but keep in mind that you can do free actions at the beginning of your turn and still use Poison. So yes, that character has a damage reducer, but you can Outwit it and then use Poison.

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008
Heading out to my second AvX4 event today. 600 points, AvX figs only, and we can use the Phoenix Force. I'm rolling up with-

Thor @100 w/Asgardian ATA
Spider-Man @125
Wolverine @75
Scarlet Witch @100
Professor X 150
Full Phoenix Force

Prof gets the Magick shard, Witch gets the Emma shard, Thor gets the Cyclops shard, and I'll swap the other two as needed between Wolverine and Spidey as needed. The Witch will be on No More Power Cosmic duty for people bringing in a White Phoenix Hope, possibly busting Mystics if needed, and will otherwise be TKing people around to counter any Professor X shenanigans. Spider-Man gets his top-click Willpower from Asgardian, so I ought to be able to keep the pressure on pretty solidly while spinning up my Phoenix dial.

I'm not too keen on the format, since there's pretty clearly optimal builds to be made from the limited selection, and because of the way that the event points have shaken out, I need to go 3-0 and the local cheeselord needs to go 1-2 in order for me to get the Cyclops. I already nabbed one from an event earlier this month, though, where I went 3-0 without a Phoenix Force against teams with it, and then won in a two-round team base final to determine who got the grand prize.

Seymour Butts posted:

These cheap loving cunts.

Uhhh...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008

Red posted:

In newer boosters, will a peanut dial take up two spots? I'm wondering if a pack with Tiamat will only come with 3 other clix.

Nah, peanut bases only take up one slot, they just aren't slotted into the pack like singles are.

• Locked thread