Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
For those of you who keep your character cards in binders, what binder pages do you recommend?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

I will - thanks!

Right now, they're just in piles and stacks in little ziploc bags.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Sanschel posted:

Next question: what do y'all use for storage? I've long since run out of room in my apartment and the boxes with ziplock baggies of sets is slowly overtaking my dining area. I wanna redo the shelving system in there anyway with some nice deep Ikea ones but I'd like to get some quality bins to go on the lower half of the shelves.

Just a storage tub from Target. I have a decent collection of Clix, but they all fit. I don't worry about them rubbing against each other (and removing paint) because they stay in one spot. Stilt-Man goes in a little baggie, though.

The Frost Giant I have is nice enough that that should be up somewhere, though.

I'd like to see others' storage options that are space-friendly, and keep the pieces protected.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

I happened to be traveling for work, and stopped at a Target for some supplies - and they just had a random pile of Heroclix single-figure booster packs for a dollar each.

Always check your Targets when traveling.

Edit: Nori the Dwarf was in one of them!

Red fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Feb 24, 2014

Red
Apr 15, 2003

(not me or my picture, just some pic from Google)

There should be more gameplay pictures in this thread.

Edit: Using a plastic/glass cover on top of the map is genius.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Waffles Inc. posted:

Had a sealed LoSH today and it was pretty fun.

You know, I didn't think I'd want anything from this set outside of the Fast Forces, but I really would like a Kalibak, and that Wildfire sounds really awesome.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Morand posted:

Ok, this action token pool thing does not exist.

I shall describe it as best I can.

The total number of NON-FREE actions in a game are determined in 1 of 2 ways:

1. 1 action per 100 points of the game build. So 2 actions in 200, 6 in 600, etc
2. The rules of whatever scenario you are doing. (I see judges doing 2000 point games but limiting players to 5 actions)

So in a 300 point game, you get 3 NON-FREE actions. I keep going NON-FREE because there are free actions, and such. However theres also exceptions, one of which I'll outline below.

Let's say you are playing in 300 points with a hypothetical piece that costs 25 points and has the avengers TA. You are playing 12 of these guys.

Now, by your logic, you only have 3 action tokens to place on people so you can only take 3 tokenable actions. To this I say NAY! Let's say piece 1 shoots a guy. That's a non-free action and he'd get a token. 2 actions left right? Right.

Now piece 2-10 all move. These are all tokenable actions, and should be illegal as you only get 3 actions right? NOPE! They have the avengers TA and can all move without counting against your action total. They all get tokens though.

Pieces 11 and 12 also shoot guys, thats action 2 and 3 for the round, they get tokens and you are done. You have given all 12 of your guys an action, and an action token in a 300 point game completely legally.

Action tokens != Actions I can take in a round.

This is a good post that should be in the OP.

This is much, much more helpful to explain to casual players than the rulebook.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

I've played for the longest time without tokens, and that random picture I posted a few days ago had someone using those flattened marble aquarium rocks, which seem neat.

What do you guys use?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

ManiacClown posted:

When I get some time, I'm definitely going to turn the second post into a newbie guide. What are some other things I should put into it?

For me, I'd like to see:

- Preferred/recommended online vendors (I've used StrikeZone, who are good)
- Rules of Thumb for using abilities
- Differences in "ages"

Plus, I have a lot of old figures, and none of them came with cards. Am I just relegated to trying to match up colors on the PAC?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

CapnAndy posted:

What do you mean by this?

In a lot of games, you probably have a 'rule of thumb' for certain strategies. Blackjack players hit or sit depending on what cards they have, the dealer has, and/or what's been played.

In Heroclix, you have the opportunity to use certain abilities (or not). A good example is blades/claws/fangs - I'd find it helpful, as a casual player, to hear an explanation behind the strategy to choose to use the ability in certain situations. Though, I've always assumed you use that ability against clix with invulnerability when your clix has a low damage number.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

CapnAndy posted:

Things about abilities

This is what I'm talking about.

By the way, I stopped at my shop this afternoon, and they randomly had some Collateral Damage boosters out for like $8, so I grabbed one out of nostalgia. What a mistake - it slipped my mind that that set still had flying figures on stands (which are a pain, in my opinion), and I got three of them.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

CapnAndy posted:

I was gonna nominate you for that, seeing as how you are literally the best player in the world.

I'll do a quick writeup on all the different resources tomorrow.

For the abilities, it might help to notate which are forced/required with a * or something.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

ManiacClown posted:

They're all considered in use, so to speak, at all times. However, they come into play in basically three situations. Mind you, none of this is official terminology.
  • Activated— These are the powers that say "Do X. Y happens/do Y." You have to do X specifically to activate the power. One example is Flurry. "Give this character a close combat action. [INSERT REST OF WORDING HERE]" For you to make the two attacks you have to give the character a close combat action specifically to activate Flurry. This is why you can't use it and Exploit Weakness together despite them both requiring a close combat action. Phasing/teleport and the movement portion of Leap/Climb are other examples. This is different from…
  • Triggered— These are the powers that say "When X happens, Y happens/do Y." The three I can think of without looking (which I think are the only 3) are Blades/Claws/Fangs (commonly referred to as either BCF or just Blades), Steal Energy, and Energy Explosion (or just "EE"). BCF and EE are what you might call permissive because they contain a "you may" clause, which means you don't have to use them. As Andy essentially pointed out, Steal Energy doesn't say "you may" so you have to do it. These powers just happen when the game state is right.
  • Passive— These powers are always on and don't require any action or game state to have an effect. Precision Strike and most defense powers are good examples of this. Another example is the part of Leap/Climb that allows you to make a close combat attack targeting a different elevation.
Just remember: due to the fact that the rules are basically written in what I call "HeroClix English" instead of standard English the term "can" means "must" or "does." For whatever effect to be optional, the text has to say "you may."

If you play in a store, you should buy some boosters. If you get lucky you'll pull a Super Rare, Prime, or Chase, plus you're supporting your local venue instead of some guy online where you don't play. I always buy at least a couple packs of a set when it comes out to support the store I play at, then I get a CUR set and whatever SRs I really want (like Solomon Grundy or ASM Ghost Rider) on eBay. As for the thread being a major resource, I'll let others contribute as well and probably end up compiling everything into a document.

BCF is what I was thinking with the "you may" clause, thanks for the clarification.

Also, I've always thought Quake was an option - you didn't have to attack using that ability.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

CapnAndy posted:

Except for defense, the only non-optional powers are Steal Energy and Earthbound/Neutralized.

Okay, thanks, that 'rule' makes much more sense.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

ManiacClown posted:

Quake is another example of an activated power. It's "Give this character a close combat action. [STUFF HAPPENS]" which means you have to give the action specifically to do that. You can just straight-up clock a dude instead if you want or activate Flurry, Exploit Weakness, or any other "Give this character a close combat action" power.

Yeah, that's what I've thought. If my Frost Giant is surrounded by opposing clix, a Quake is nice to break up the party.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

So something I brought up earlier:

I have a ton of old "flying" Heroclix - that is, I have plenty of old clix that are on those pedestals, that can be separated, and have a little slider to indicate if they were grounded or soaring, or whatever the rules were back then.

So I've asked about them before, and the answer was "Still playable, much less useful.".

Can anyone expand on older clix? I have a bunch, but it's a pain in the rear end to have to color-match using the PAC, and it's even more of a pain in the rear end to match a miniature to the right dial. Do you guys mix them in for casual play, or do any translate well to competitive play (where allowed)?

Edit: I feel like my post is poorly worded, but I'm open to any suggestions/strategies involving older clix, especially "flying" ones. What do you guys do with them? Does anyone have any resources for clix that didn't have character cards printed?

Red fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Mar 6, 2014

Red
Apr 15, 2003

ManiacClown posted:

First, I'll say that the sooner you memorize PAC colors the better. We all had to do it before cards and once you know what color in what slot corresponds to what power, your games will be much smoother. I learned it cold within 6 months at most— I don't remember exactly because I've been playing for over 9 years now.

I know, but I consider myself a casual player (never played at a tournament once). I think I've remembered specific clix's abilities more than colors on the PAC.

quote:

That said, to this day, some of the older figures still hold up. Vet (red-ringed) Shi and any level of Johnny Alpha are still kick-rear end figures, especially Johnny Alpha. V Abby Chase is also a decent harasser, with Stealth, EE (an 8 AV, though) and Outwit with the Danger Girl TA (Skrull equivalent) for 52 points. The Unique of her doesn't have EE but has the Dolphin Speed symbol instead, so she can be slightly more mobile but also costs 54 points.

Collateral Damage had a figure from a now-defunct program called New Guy Night of Superman with the Batman Ally TA. He couldn't bust Stealth because figures only had one TA in those days, but he's still boss, especially if you throw the Utility Belt on him with the Batman Cowl. The V Green Lantern and LE Kyle Rayner (also from Collateral Damage) still hold up, with the Vet starting with 12 Running Shot/10 TK/18 Barrier/3 RCE with a 12 Range and Green Lantern TA for 167 points. The LE is 10/10/18/4 with RS/EE/Barrier/Perplex and a 10 Range with JLA TA for 135. I should note that Collateral Damage was the first set where our own Seth Johnson— a.k.a. Inkslinger— started to influence design, making figures not quite so top-heavy as they had been.

If you can get the Green Lantern collector's set (sadly, like the Invincible and 2099 collector's sets and the Danger Room starter, the figures were glued into their flight stands for presentation's sake), do so. I've used Tomar Re within the last few months because he also boasts a whopping 12 Range with EE and Enhancement, which I think is the most they've ever given to a non-colossal character. Supernova had a couple beasts, like the V Kang the Conqueror at 199 points, who drops like a rock defensively but hits hard for most of his dial. I'll also still use the Black Knight out of Fantastic Forces for a carrier/meat shield (he's a flying double-based Transporter) and the Songbird out of that set isn't bad either. The V Green Goblin/LE Norman Osborn and V Human Torch are also nothing to sneeze at, though they're easy to hit and will crumple much more quickly than newer figures. The LE Cain Marko is also a mean as Hell version of Juggernaut, though he doesn't address your issue about flyers with flight stands.

Don't discount pre-carded figures just because they're old and you have to learn what the colors in the slots correspond to without referring to a card. Some of them are still viable when the build allows, especially cheap single-purpose utility figures like Destiny or Con Artists.

I've always tossed in the really low-level cost generic clix like Con Artists and Thugs, and Destiny was always an inclusion when possible - I'm glad she's being re-released.

But, to be honest, I do try to plug in my favorites. Years ago, I bought a Junkpile clix on eBay that is a great sculpt, and probably isn't going to be re-done any time soon. (Speaking of which, a lot of my vague wishlist guys like Thermite, Destroyer, and Maggott haven't been done yet.)

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Seymour Butts posted:

Really difficult trying to learn this game. I've read the core rulebook twice and I can't manage to get through a match (against myself) without getting incredibly frustrated. I have so many questions that I don't even know where to start. I'm gonna just go to my local comic book store and watch some players play and ask them questions as they arise. I'm just really bad at learning by reading, I need to see it in action. I've looked through youtube for tutorial videos and matches being played, but nothing has really jumped out at me as helpful. gently caress :(

Back in 2002, a friend of mine heard about a miniatures game coming soon called Heroclix. He asked his local shop for a booster pack. A month later, the comic shop called to say his box had arrived. Meaning: The comic shop ordered him a case. My friend felt bad about the mis-communication, and bought the whole thing. Fast-forward a week, and he bribed me into playing with free beer. Fast forward a year, and I had my own little collection, and bribed my friends into playing with beer.

As long as you have a few drinks and folks to play with, you learn by figuring out the rules through trial and error, inviting some friends (hopefully some of them have played before), and just winging it.

I've learned the most by just sloughing through a game (repetition is what teaches you) holding the rulebook, and reading this thread/HC Realms/Heroclixworld.

I think it was easier to learn by playing teams with low point totals, with a really basic (starter) map. You can learn the basics, and pick up the complicated stuff later. I got the wife to play once, and she was fine with letting me read the rules/abilities/etc. I can't imagine trying to keep everything straight by playing against myself.

Edit: VVVVV You should take him up on that offer. VVVVV

Red fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Mar 6, 2014

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Morand posted:

What he said.

I don't make it to many other major events besides Gen-Con. I was going to try to go to Clixathon, but we're having a wedding shower that day.

Wow, the Clixathon in Glen Burnie isn't very far away from me.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Captain Satire posted:

I know it's not the best move competitively, but am I a bad heroclix player if I only really want to run themed teams? Xmen with Xmen, Avengers with Avengers. Mixing up DC and Marvel clicks seems especially heinous.

If it's more fun for you, I see no problem with having fun while playing a game.

Who doesn't prefer playing their favorites? I roll out my Frost Giant, Ares, and Junkpile as much as I can.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Since this thread (hopefully) stockpiles all kinds of useful stuff, here's some junk about buying Heroclix:

- Strike Zone Online is a good seller. I've bought singles from them several times (from Amazon), and shipping time/packing/item condition were all top notch. I prefer their Amazon storefront, because everything ships for one fee. However, the selection on Amazon isn't as expansive as their website. If you use their website, you pay by # of figures, it appears. Use the code BUYDIRECT to get 10% off ordering from their site.

- I fully plan on ordering some junk from https://clixaccessories.com.

- Both Toys R Us and Big Lots have tons of Tab App Heroclix on sale. I just picked up the Batman: TDKR 3-pack for $2.50 at Big Lots, and the X-Men 3-pack at TRU for $2.98. For those of you just starting out, that's really helpful to build your collection. Some TRUs may also have the giant figures (Nemesis, Frost Giant, etc.).

- Target used to carry tons of Gravity Feed packs, and while they're likely mostly gone, whatever packs you can find are all one dollar.

- Sports card binder pages are cheap ($4.99) at Target. Use these to store/protect/organize character cards and whatnot.

- I'm excited about the upcoming Heroclix DoFP set. I wantneed that new Nimrod, so I called my local shop to reserve a pile of booster packs. This is never a bad idea, and effectively tells your local shop to keep clix coming in.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

VELOUR SPACESUIT posted:

*Ultra light objects (discussed earlier)
*Light objects can only be thrown six (6) squares and heavy objects only four (4)

Speaking of objects, I see several are for sale on clixaccessories.com, and you can get some stuff through sets (tank turret, etc.). Is there a good FAQ someone could point me to?

Objects are just one of those things that I've never gotten a handle on. If there's no (good) FAQ, would anybody mind coming up with some guidelines?

Also: Once upon a time, there were objects that were sold separately (a desk, light pole, and filing cabinet for example). Does anybody use those?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Torrent posted:

Each player can have up to 3 objects on their force. If you are running all 3, you have to have one light object, one heavy object, and one of your choice (which can be light, heavy, or immobile).

Objects on the map count as hindering terrain, which is the biggest use that most teams will get out of them. Characters with Super Strength can pick them up, when moving through their square or one adjacent to them, and can set them down in any square they move through (but you cannot pick up and put down on the same action), and MUST use an object they are holding if they punch someone. Characters with Telekinesis can move them around, either just to re-position, or to attack with them.

Standard objects -

Ultra-Light (counts as light when building your force)
Anyone can pick them up.
Can be thrown 8 squares for 1 damage.
Don't boost close combat damage.
Don't count as hindering terrain.

Light
Can be thrown 6 squares for 2 damage.
Boost close combat damage by 1.

Heavy
Can be thrown 4 squares for 3 damage.
Boost close combat damage by 2.

Ultra-Heavy (counts as heavy when building your force)
Must be 100 points or more to pick them up.
Can't be thrown.
Boost close combat damage by 3.
Requires 4 damage to destroy.

Special objects -

These days, these are mostly relics, which are a special class of immobile object that cannot be destroyed. Characters occupying a relic can be given a power action to roll a d6 and try to pick it up (each relic's card has the number needed to pick it up printed on it), and grant various bonuses. For example, Thor's hammer requires a 6 to pick up, and, if you do, you get Flight, Quake, Energy Explosion, +2 damage, and +2 attack.

Standout non-relic special objects (unless marked with '3D,' these are all available for print-and-play, and all listed cost 0 points) -

Laser Turret: counts as heavy. Character occupying it can be given a free action to make the Turret make a ranged combat attack at 4 range, with 8 attack and 2 damage. Since it is the Turret attacking, not the character, it can fire while based, shoot out of adjacency, and doesn't care about crit misses or Mystics.

Shield Disruptor: counts as light. Damage reducers within 4 squares do not function.

Kinetic Accelerator: counts as immobile. When a character occupying it moves, they roll a d6 and replace their speed value with their speed + the result; on a 5-6, the Accelerator is destroyed. Due to timing, you effectively add the full result to your movement when using Charge or Running Shot.

Eleha'al Vine: counts as light. Stand on it and take a power action to heal a d6-4 clicks, minimum 1.

Meteorite: counts as heavy. Close combat attacks using it deal penetrating damage, and it boosts damage by a d6-2, minimum 1.

3D -

Dumpster/Generator - Count as heavy. Not destroyed when used in an attack, instead, it is placed in a clear square adjacent to the target. Great for Hypersonic/Super Strength characters.

Soda Machine/Satellite Dish - Count as heavy. Increase damage by +1 (so, 3 up close, 4 when thrown).

Desk - Counts as light. When carrying it, you can choose to destroy it to get +2 defense against one attack.

Black Lantern - When an opposing figure is KO'd within 4 of it, you can heal one of your characters within 4 of it 1 click.

Bookcase/Computer - Count as light/heavy respectively. +1 to hit when attacking with them.

By far, this isn't a complete list, but these are my picks for the most useful free objects.

This is pretty fantastic.

Do you guys do anything different for casual games?

Sanschel posted:

And yes, the Tank Turret is now completely worthless unless your opponent is ok with you subbing it in for a standard ultra heavy.

Well, it's still immune to telekinesis, right? And if you have the free points anyway...

Red
Apr 15, 2003

The Grammar Aryan posted:

Standard Ultra Heavies can't be TK'd, either, and now the Tank Turret is a 2 point standard object that prevents you from playing any other special objects, since it has the gear symbol. It's a shame, because I finally got one from a friend right before I found out about this change.

Ohh, okay.

Yeah, I had been thinking of buying one. It still looks neat.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

ManiacClown posted:

DoFP Nightcrawler is today's preview. He's not bad for 80 points, especially defensively. He starts with a 17 Defense and traited Combat Reflexes and ES/D. He doesn't get all the full-dial freedom of movement other versions get, but he works. He's definitely meant to be a harasser and tie-up piece.

These all look fantastic. I'm hoping Ahab gets an updated dial.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Morand posted:

I am bored! My boredom is your gain! Play a skype game with me and learn something! It'll be casual!

Have you thought of doing a YouTube instructional video? Everything I've seen so far is rear end.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Sanschel posted:

Next question: what do y'all use for storage? I've long since run out of room in my apartment and the boxes with ziplock baggies of sets is slowly overtaking my dining area. I wanna redo the shelving system in there anyway with some nice deep Ikea ones but I'd like to get some quality bins to go on the lower half of the shelves.

You know, the little plastic bubbles that hold the figure in the gravity feed packs are something you should save.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Has anyone ever bought any Heroclix items from Majestix's web site?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Sanschel posted:

So I stumbled across a fresh box of Winter Soldier at Target and did a dumb thing and bought it all after already getting a hobby display, meaning I have a spare full set of all the commons & Rares if anyone is interested in buying it.

It was apparently given out with Game Trade this month or something. http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/album.php?albumid=4089

:smith:

At least YOUR Target has Winter Soldier clix.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Sanschel posted:

They don't anymore :q:

:(

Where does Target even keep the things? I've seen them on the sportscard rack by the registers, by Magic cards in Toys, and in amongst the knock-off Lego stuff, as well as clearance aisles.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Volfogg posted:

They're normally stocked where they would have all the Yu-Gi-Oh/Pokemon/Magic Cards up in the front next to the registers. But you can't actually ask THEM about those since they're actually stocked there by a separate company that just uses the space (If you look at the price tags or your receipt, some of them may say something like EXCELL. That's the supplier.), so they can't tell you when they might be getting more/any.

When did B&N stop carrying them? I used to go there to buy clix like ten years ago.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

I found a local shop that holds casual play on the weekends (weeknights are just too tough for me to make in time), and it turned out to be a 3-round tournament.

The theme was 'Spy vs. Spy', where you would get control over a randomly judge-determined dial from your opponent, and vice versa - at the end of each of your turns, you roll one d6. When you hit 12, your "spy" comes over to your side. So that was pretty cool. I didn't get first or second, or the voted on fellowship award, but the judge let us know he had a box of AvX leftover stuff he wanted us to take off of his hands. So, me and another new person each got a free Phoenix Force, and the first four Phoenix fragments, as well as AvX Black Panther, AvX Professor X, and AvX Danger. So that was pretty cool.

When I got home, I realized I had two Cyclops fragments, and am missing a Colossus, but oh well. It was still free. :)

Edit: I just wanted to have a large team to see what each type of piece could do - I ran a Reavers team (Skullbuster, White King, Bonebreaker, Pretty Boy), along with a Hydra Agent, Typhoid Mary, and Junkpile, with a Contingency Plan thrown in. It was pretty fun, but now I want to go balls out on a bigger Reavers team.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Seymour Butts posted:

Just picked up a couple Slosh boosters because I really want Solomon Grundy and Bizarro Superman. Instead got Colossal Boy, Universo, Mister Miracle, and Superma....boy? What the poo poo?

Buy yourself the Fast Forces, son: http://www.amazon.com/DC-HeroClix-Superman-Legion-Super-Heroes/dp/B00GC3822W/

quote:

DC Comics most feared villains take center stage with this all-new Legion of Doom Fast Forces Pack! Beneath the depths of a dark and mysterious swamp, the Legion of Doom plan their next nefarious plot to take over the world! Lex Luthor is joined by Bizarro, Black Manta, Cheetah, Giganta, and Solomon Grundy in this villainous Fast Forces Pack, featuring figures with all-new dial designs and two, exclusive maps.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Seymour Butts posted:

Does it come with the cards?

It comes with individual stat cards for each dial, two maps, and one of those codes for Heroclix online that you can't use yet.

I reserved one ahead of time on BigBadToyStore for like $16 plus S&H, so $14.99 + $1.88 S&H is a great deal. I'd absolutely make that purchase, because that's likely cheaper than driving around trying to find a FF pack at your local shop. It's a great little set.

Edit: If you live near a Big Lots, GO TO BIG LOTS. They have TabApp sets of the Avengers and Batman:TDKR for $2.50 each. Toys R Us has the X-Men sets for $2.98, IIRC. The TabApp dials are pretty good, even if they look goofy.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Volfogg posted:

Essentially, all sealed product comes with the cards. The exception to this is everything that came out BEFORE they added the Cards, so everything before Justice League, Avengers, and the Legion of Super-Heroes Starter. So, essentially, nothing you'll likely see on shelves nowadays.

Not necessarily. A shop local to me put out some Mutant Mayhem boosters, and Five Below sold some old old boosters for the longest time.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Volfogg posted:

Looks like you'll have to Trade for them or buy them. But that's not to say that the Fast Forces ones aren't bad. Just different.

I kind of see this whole set up as a trade off against the old sets.

It used to be that each character came in three versions - rookie, experienced, and veteran. Each had different point values, abilities, and team affiliations. There were also occasional Unique dials using the character's real name. Comic-wise, they could represent different time periods in a character's lifespan. So, you could buy a brick and end up with four different versions of Boomerang (aka Fred Myers).

Now, you can get a standard Booster version, a Gravity Feed version, and a Fast Forces version, or even a Prime figure. And the Uniques are a bit more random. So, to get each version of a character, you have to buy each kind of release. (Or buy the single/trade.)

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Sanschel posted:

The full list of LEs: http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7892423&postcount=55

Doop
Hulk & Red She-Hulk
Impossible Man
Whiplash
Amazo
BL Anti-Monitor
Jonah Hex
Resurrection Man (!!!)
Worlds Finest (unless they're just giving out the old BIBTB figure)

Son of a bitch. Why does that Punisher have to be a loving LE?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Listen, I just want to know more about this All-American Sentinel:

Red
Apr 15, 2003

If you've always wanted a Batman Vehicles Super Booster, this is a pretty decent price: eBay listing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

I have some gift card dollars (a little over $8), and am thinking of getting the Kick-rear end 2 Fast Forces pack. Are the maps decent? Are the KA2 figures generally competitive?

• Locked thread