Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kadath
Aug 17, 2004

Put Your 'Lectric Eye On Me, Babe
Grimey Drawer
One of Growing Darkness guys could steal a gem from a gauntlet and deactivate the gauntlet's granting power cosmic right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kadath
Aug 17, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I've lost games because I couldn't roll to hit a 5+ through three rolls, but I won a game the other night because my opponent got a crit failure that put his figure onto its stop click and I finished it off in a single hit on my next turn. So uh dice man, dice.

Kadath
Aug 17, 2004

Grimey Drawer
A question for some of the experienced players: How high do you rate indomitable or willpower granting team abilities like power cosmic when you are judging figures? It seems to me that the ability to reliably move 2 turns out of 3 without worrying about pushing damage knocking them off a move-and-attack power or other special ability or killing them outright later in the game is extremely powerful. Being able to get a higher number of actions from a character appears to be one of the best methods of getting the most out of your points in a game.

I tend to avoid characters that don't have willpower unless they are a minor support character, have a really awesome ability, or I can give it to them through a resource. How valid is this?

Kadath
Aug 17, 2004

Grimey Drawer
When you open a Darkseid and Mon-El in a single pack playing 400 point SLOSH sealed it doesn't really matter what the other 8 figures are. Destroyed my first two opponents, then lost in a close game for first vs Mordu, Cosmic Boy, and Lightning Lad (who ALL had mystics!).

Kadath
Aug 17, 2004

Grimey Drawer
My venue is doing an event called "Purple Reign" where any figure with a purple power showing on their dial gets +2 to any one dial stat until their next turn. 400 points silver age.

This is the team I'm planning on running:

Nerkkod (215)
Oracle (the watx shiar, not babs) (49)
Extremis Solider x3 (30x3)
Splitlip (20)
Book o'Skulls with 6 hammers (24)

Nerkkod has force blast on his top three clicks, which gives the opportunity for a possible 6 damage pulsewave if I can hit a single target after giving the +2 bonus to his damage, or 7 if I am lucky enough to shoot from some water.

Oracle has smoke cloud printed to boost up her move or damage, along with offering hindering terrain for the soldiers to hide in. She will also be used to carry around Nerkkod, give prob support, and can grab Nul's hammer for willpower.

The soldiers have printed willpower on all 4 clicks, and traited combat reflexes. Giving a +2 to hit from a hammer and +2 to another stat and the Hydra team ability for an addition bonus to hit, these guys are a steal at 30 points each. I plan on using these guys to sneak around and snipe at opportune targets while people focus on trying to kill Nerkkod. In addition, they all have improved movement to ignore hindering terrain, which will be great if I'm lucky enough to win map roll and pick Drowned Wakanda or Pacific Ocean map.

Any advice would be welcome, I'll post a report in a few days of how it went.

Kadath
Aug 17, 2004

Grimey Drawer
My venue is running a 400 point modern event with the rules that all clix must be female. If I were to run the X-Men team base from AvX with Emma Frost, Magick, Danger, and Hope Summers it would be 395 points. How many actions would I get from working together? Would the base count as a theme team for probability control, and allow me to give prob to the base iteself? I'm not exactly sure how the new rules work for that after the recent updates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kadath
Aug 17, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Also no matter how many times you tell your judge THERE AM ONLY ONE BIZARRO! you can't run 12 on your 300 point team.

• Locked thread