Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

It's a shame the cans didn't pull out wins to screw it all up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I don't normally watch bellator fights and saw 70 posts in the thread. I wondered if there was a fight worth watching, but ran into wonderful news instead.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

coconono posted:

Rampage vs. Mo is the fight only the morbidly curious want to see.

I haven't ever been called morbidly anything before, but I feel it is appropriate right now.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Marching Powder posted:

Jesus Christ us this for real

Yeah Bellator will dock the pay of fighters who don't sell their tickets so that they can still call those tickets "sold."

EDIT: I can't find a link right now because google just wants to sell me tickets.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 15:49 on May 17, 2014

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Yeah I'm going to a roller derby bout instead.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

It's a shame Eddie didn't fight though because he would have won and been a free agent champion.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

My guess is Bellator trying to change the terms of Alverez's contract to lock him in for more fights to change the fight. Alvarez likely said he'd fight either but refused to extend for it, so he's stuck with a third chandler fight. Bellator better hope that Chandler can somehow win.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Has there every really been doubt that Viacom would clean house eventually?

I mean they want to compete head to head with the UFC. That doesn't really seem like what Bellator's MO was prior to the purchase. I think Rebney's been a lame duck since the purchase.

EDIT: Coker announcement is supposed to come later today and will include a conference call.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Jun 18, 2014

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Bellator's 2014 is shaping up quite like UFC's 2012.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

MassRafTer posted:

I dunno, UFC ran a tournament in 2012.

If you consider the bullshit in Australia "running" a tournament, then sure.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Coker has a money spigot in viacom that he never had in strike force. If he's given the full reigns we are going to see some poo poo.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Phone call is a go:

Shitcanning tournaments. Focusing on superfights.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Nice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

fatherdog posted:

Please retire, Phil

Yeah I don't see how that could have went any other way. :smith: