Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Man-In-Madden
Jul 22, 2007

And when the music fades away
I know I'll be okay
Contagious rhythms in my brain
Let it play
What's the word on American Vampire? I've never read anything from Scott Snyder but I know people say good things about his Batman and I'm always looking for new horror stuff to read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man-In-Madden
Jul 22, 2007

I know I'll be okay
Let it play
I'm gonna give it a shot then. Thanks y'all.

Man-In-Madden
Jul 22, 2007

I know I'll be okay
Let it play
Are any of the DC Villains one-shots recommended for good self-contained stories? I've only read Count Vertigo since I already read Green Arrow and I'm thinking of picking up the Zod and Lex ones since I'm bout to catch up on the Greg Pak run of Action but I'd be down to pick up some more.

Man-In-Madden fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Mar 18, 2014

Man-In-Madden
Jul 22, 2007

I know I'll be okay
Let it play

Teenage Fansub posted:

Zod and Doomsday for Pak, Parasite for Aaron Kruder (who does the great art for Pak's Action) and Dial E is the actual last issue of Dial H but can be stand-alone and has an awesome new artist for every page (read Dial H though!)

Arcane, Riddler and Secret Society were also good, but they really tie-in to their larger things, Swamp Thing, Zero Year and Forever Evil.

Even though I've got a boner for Soule comics, I didn't think Lex was any good.

Looks like I'll be picking up those first four then, thanks!

e: I noticed Pak also wrote the Darkseid issue but you're not recommending it. Is it because its bad or does it tie in too much to other stuff too?

Man-In-Madden fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Mar 19, 2014

Man-In-Madden
Jul 22, 2007

I know I'll be okay
Let it play

Teenage Fansub posted:

I'd give it a go. It was a very different origin take that pissed people off, but I can't recall the quality of the story.
I think it referred to the first arc of Justice League a little.

Cool, I picked it up so we'll see. I picked up the Charles Soule run on Swamp Thing (including Arcane) thanks in part to your recommendation so thanks a lot!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man-In-Madden
Jul 22, 2007

I know I'll be okay
Let it play

Teenage Fansub posted:

Cool. It's excellent, but if you've not followed Snyder's run you might be lost on the Arcane issue. It's a capper to what happened there instead of tying into the current run. Soule's Swamp Thing actually picks up pretty fresh and doesn't require back-reading.

Oh well, it was only 2 bucks so its ok. I've been trying to get back onto DC stuff since I stopped when G-Mo left Action Comics so series like Green Arrow and Swamp Thing having jump-in points with writers I'm familiar with seems to be the perfect excuse to do it.