Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I liked the Fraction/Bagley run, and the Millar/Hitch run. Maybe I'm just a Fantastic Four junkie.

If you're making a FF reading list, you should probably read issues 47-52 by Lee/Kirby. That covers the intro to the Inhumans, Galactus, Silver Surfer, Black Panther, and the all time great "This Man! This Monster!" story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Bought the first three at a con, and I really enjoyed the first one (Agent of SHIELD). Second (Thor team up) was okay. Haven't read the third (Smash Time), but I know Hulk punches a T-Rex.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I really liked Blitz and Rogue War.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Bazanga posted:

I've been reading about the marvel celestials on wikipedia and am sorta wanting to pick up a few good arcs with them in it. Any suggestions? The only major arc I could really find was The Infinity Gauntlet. Maybe some Doctor Strange arcs?

Thor 387-389 is a story about Thor (and his hammer) brought to the breaking point trying to save a planet from Celestial judgement. Great story if you enjoy the more sci fi style Thor tales.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Morrison's JLA and Hickman's FF are probably the best answers because that's probably the best way to describe Hickman's Avengers. They all feel really big. Bigger than big!

I'll throw in Final Crisis, and the two issues of Multiversity that are out so far.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

You don’t even need to read Secret Wars, though it is quite good. poo poo got blown up, and then put back together without any involvement on Ms Marvel’s part. Check out the first arc of Mark Waid’s Avengers to see how she got on the team.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Unworthy Thor is before the War Thor. It introduces the Ultimate mjolnir after the Thors mini series.

Read the first couple trades of All Mighty Thor, Thors, Unworthy Thor, and then finish All Mighty Thor before going onto Thor and War of the Realms.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Uncanny X-Force by Remender pairs well with Wolverine and the X-Men. Totally different tones, but they were concurrent, and are both excellent in their own ways.

After Uncanny X-Force I’d dare to recommend the Apocalypse Twins/Ragnarok Now arc of Uncanny Avengers

Spider-Man/Wolverine is definitely worth a read. .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

Start with X-Men #1, and there's a read order in the back.

And skip Fallen Angels. Everything else is good.