Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

SpaceWolfPurrp posted:

Just read "What's So Funny About Truth, Justice & the American Way?" and was wondering if there are any good one-shot Superman comics, where the entire story takes place in one issue. I'm probably going to get "Whatever happened to the Man Of Tomorrow" and "For the Man Who Has Everything" so are there any other good one-shot comics like those?

Also, did Superman ever appear in Ostrander's Suicide Squad?

There was a 'what if' style comic where Superman was British. Pretty funny if you're from the country. I read it ages ago so I can't remember if it was very good but I think it was called Superman: True Brit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
At the end of the last thread I asked about comics depicting superhero police forces. After reading through Top 10 again I realised what I was actually looking for was comics about superhero societies. Big cities crammed with costumed crusaders, governments stuffed with powered people, worlds run by the great and the good, stuff like that. Places where having powers is mundane.

I'm pretty unfamiliar with comics so the only other things I can think of that fit the bill are Top 10, The Authority, or the City of Heroes series that NCSoft commissioned. Can anyone recommend something else like these?